• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Wow- This thread quickly declined LOL

I would suggest also, to what you have already provided, fishing. Too many people have not picked up a fishing pole in their lives lol

Hello Jacob,

Why do you think the thread has declined ?

It just seemed to me that people were more of picking at the thread rather than helping. .

Oh and one more thing Fez, teach them etiquett. . . I see women opening doors for others (including their parteners) more times than the man.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I'm also a man so I hope you don't mind me responding. Because not only am I a man, but I'm a man who just survived one of the worst disasters the North Eastern coast of the USA has ever seen. So I think this is a great idea. I was astonished how 1 woman didn't know how to take her license plates off her car. So I think this idea should include girls too. There were so many people that didn't have basic fix it skills. One thing none of us knew about was basic plumbing. Such as how does a toilet bowel work? And more importantly, when it won't flush, why? None of us knew this.

So I think a program that teaches boys, girls, men and women survival skills is a great idea. Because I hate to say it, but I don't think we've seen end of disasters. In fact, based on the Bible, we will be seeing moire and more of these. So anyone with skills that's willing to share them and teach others, I say yes. Great.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

What is the goal of such activity, fellowship while learning skills?

Yes,good question.What are they learning about God?This is in a church.....right?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I like the concept of mentor-ship in the program. Also some way for the young men to teach things to each other. I'm not sure how that would work, but people learn more by teaching than by being taught.

I am familiar with team-building activities, like confidence courses, being used to help teach people to build character. You have to learn be humble in leadership and submitting to someone you trust who can take charge of the situation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Teach them to have a strong moral code & stand up for what they believe--- have a backbone & not be wishy washy. This is sadly missing in a lot of today's men.

I think what you are going to do is a great thing to do for the young men-as well as the older guys involved. May our Lord bless it greatly!

Yes,good question.What are they learning about God?This is in a church.....right?

Hello bopeep.

Reading many of Mr Fez's posts I am comfortably guessing everything they do will be with prayer and thanksgiving to God with the object being becoming a Godly man.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Hello bopeep.

Reading many of Mr Fez's posts I am comfortably guessing everything they do will be with prayer and thanksgiving to God with the object being becoming a Godly man.

LOL, bopeep, yes it is a church, a wonderful, loving family church, full of kids. When we say "Ok time for the kids to go to Sunday school" after worship, half our church empties. And after church there are dozens of kids playing soccer or rugby or just running about outside.

These kids stand up in church and testify, they run Christian clubs at school, they Love Jesus and stand out because of it. Most of them go to the same school, whose Chairman is one of our elders and whose motto is "To God the Glory" (it is not a "Christian" school per se). They are leaders, prefects, class captains, captains of their sports teams, they stand out because of the way they are raised by God fearing parents.

The point people is this....

My father fought in the second world war, both him and my mom knew how to make a plan to survive. My father taught me everything I know, from servicing a car, to building a table. My mother taught me to cook, make my own bed, pick up my laundry, and keep myself neat (well sort of..), and whacked alongside the ear me if I disrespected her

The young men in our sister church have started this program themselves because they want to know how to do stuff. No one forced them. They have their own Facebook page, and are having a blast doing it.

They want to learn man stuff, I want to help them do it. (and real men do cry, and cook, and raise babies, but they also shoot squirrels and stuff..) And this is Africa, it is not that easy to call a "man" to fix a leaking roof, of repair a puncture in a tire, Things break here, and sometimes we need to know how to fix them.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/19/1974

Wow- This thread quickly declined LOL

I would suggest also, to what you have already provided, fishing. Too many people have not picked up a fishing pole in their lives lol

Some times skills help in your jorney even better than a second set of cloths.

I like the idea of fishing skills, as well as all other basic skills for living.

We need to be able to provide food and shelter to ourselves and neighbors, not to expect to be served in the restaurant.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

LOL...for those of you who want to know how to flush a toilet without using the handle...just in case you ever have to...*I* have had to when we loose power for days at a time after snowstorms.

You have to manually pour water into the bowl...BUT for that you need access to water. For me, I have had to melt snow to get the water to flush with...to make coffee with, and to cook with. But be warned, a bucket full of snow only makes about 3 cups of water...so you spend a good part of the day melting snow. I bought a porta potti after that that I keep with our power outage supplies. Whenever there is a big storm coming I collect water, fill the tub, replace batteries in flashlights, make sure I know where the camp stove is, etc.

There are alot of things you learn living through 'natural disasters' that you never forget. I have learned to be prepared as I can possibly be for the kinds of disasters our area gets. Although I would be hard pressed to be prepared for anything that would destroy my home in the process, though. I wouldn't know where to begin to prepare for a tropical storm

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Okay, here comes my rant. :laugh:

I would suggest men be taught the husband is indeed the spiritual and physical head of the wife and family, but we are not inferior to you. We are your partners, not your property.

We want to be heard, and not just listened to. (Figure that out for yourselves)

Teach them that providing for and protecting their wives is important, but what we want and need the most is your love and affection. Don't stop wooing a woman after you marry her.

Keeping your promises is a MUST!

Teach men to stop being so indecisive. Make a decision and stick to it.

When you ask us for our advice, take it to heart. Don't ask if you really have no intention of following it.

Teach them that men and woman are indeed wired differently. We approach subjects from entirely different directions. And our conclusions may be polar opposite from yours. That doesn't mean either of us are wrong.

The little things/details are VERY important to us. We drink in small acts of affection (a rose, a hug, touch, or compliment) like WATER!

Teach them to be man enough to apologize when they realize they are wrong.

Don't assume we'll think less of you when you make a mistake.

Don't assume we love you any less when we're angry with you.

Teach them that acts of affection toward your wife in public doesn't make you less "manly."

Don't make us feel your buddies are more important to you than us.

How you treat the things/people we love goes a long way to show how much you love us.

We know that the "physical act of love" in marriage is important to you. Please realize the affection you show us afterward is just as important to us.

Don't neglect to appreciate the things your wife does (keeps a clean house, cooks dinner, manages the family budget, drives the children where they need to be, etc., etc.) even if you feel they are not as "important" as your job.

Cuddling with us on the couch while watching a movie is worth more to us than a diamond ring. (Well, almost as important! :laugh:)

Realize that showing/telling your wife you love her is as important to us and it is for us to show/tell you how much we respect you.

You are a man, ACT like a man. (Figure that one out for yourselves too!)

If we spend over an hour on our hair, makeup, and outfit to look nice for you, would it kill you to acknowledge that we look nice? :foot-stomp:

Some of these things I've mentioned may seem shallow, and actually might be, but it doesn't make them any less valid in our eyes.

We can look beyond/forgive your faults from the past - please look beyond/forgive ours.

More later - it depends on my mood!