IGNORED

Will Our Beloved Pets be with Us in Heaven?

Spirit_Tracker

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I think our happiness in heaven will in no way be any less than our happiness on earth. I think it's right in line with God's nature to give His children good gifts, including sharing eternity with our beloved pets.

Just my opinion.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Amen!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21

Yes there are animals in heaven, all tame and all have the knowledge of God.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28

Well God can answer it absolutely though. I've been a Christian for 35 years... I've learned that for many things is best to take certain questions to God. If you pray and ask God, He can answer you too... or anyone for that matter. It's okay to ask that isn't it?

Be careful with this. It is certainly good to go to the Lord in prayer, but be sure not to mistake your own ideas for God's. It's easy to wish something to be true and claim it as an answer to prayer rather than patiently waiting for God's reply.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

I read Alcorn's book. He does not convince that there will be animals in the millennium, ay least, because as someone

else said animals are mentioned in the Bible.

If all the trees of the field can clap their hands (Isa 55:11) then most anything is possible with God!

I think that all God's creation will join us in praises to our Creator/ I have to wonder why He would create something

as colorful as a rainbow eucalyptus tree, butterflys and flowers only to destroy them. My thoughts on the matter.

Romans 8

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  87

St. Maximos the Confessor, Third Century on Love, 32:

The soul has three powers: first, the power of nourishment and growth; second, that of imagination and instinct; third, that of intelligence and intellect. Plants share only in the first of these powers; animals share in the first and second; men share in all three. The first two powers are perishable; the third is clearly imperishable and immortal.

Although the saints seem to say animals perish, God can do anything, after all. I wouldn't be surprised if animals are in the new life.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

The bible does not say, and there are things God did not tell us, mainly because we don't need to know.

Good point Fez :thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Well God can answer it absolutely though. I've been a Christian for 35 years... I've learned that for many things is best to take certain questions to God. If you pray and ask God, He can answer you too... or anyone for that matter. It's okay to ask that isn't it?

Be careful with this. It is certainly good to go to the Lord in prayer, but be sure not to mistake your own ideas for God's. It's easy to wish something to be true and claim it as an answer to prayer rather than patiently waiting for God's reply.

Good reminder in bold. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  61

Good reminder in bold. :thumbsup:

If i am understanding you guys correctly, what you're really saying is that you don't believe God has or will answer this question concerning our pets. ... and if He does answer us it will be along the lines of "You don't need to know right". This is the answer you expect because the outright support for it can't be found in the bible. Which is fine but I want to make sure I understand your perspective... because instead of stating what you believe in this matter, you are challenging mine. Which is to essentially say that you believe that God answering me on this matter is my imagination.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  28

If i am understanding you guys correctly, what you're really saying is that you don't believe God has or will answer this question concerning our pets. ... and if He does answer us it will be along the lines of "You don't need to know right". This is the answer you expect because the outright support for it can't be found in the bible. Which is fine but I want to make sure I understand your perspective... because instead of stating what you believe in this matter, you are challenging mine. Which is to essentially say that you believe that God answering me on this matter is my imagination.

I am not making any definitive claim about whether or not God has spoken to you on this matter. There's simply no way for me to know that. My only point is that it is easy to attribute your own ideas to God. Many people do this everyday. My warning is to be cautious. How do you know this was from God? Was it revealed to you in scripture? If not, how was it told to you? Was it a vision? If so, you must ask what the source of this vision was (as it could be anything from God to demons to a hallucination). Was it simply a gut feeling? If so, how did you determine that this feeling came from God? Did it just feel like a spiritual revelation? If so, how does one determine what actually comes from God and what is just a misguided feeling?

Do you see my point? God may have spoken to you, but you must be cautious when it comes to these matters. Question. Continue in prayer. Read the scriptures. These things lead to truth with or without personal visions.