Tinky

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Will you accept the fact the I have heard that claim? I have participated in other forums where that very claim is made, by Atheists.

The problem for me is that many of the atheists on this forum are on those other forums, as well and in the 10 years that I have been here, none of them have ever made that claim.  I would think given the hundreds of atheists that have come and gone, such a claim would have surfaced if your accusation of them were true.

Are you saying I'm lying?

Nn, just that I don't think it is a common or widespread claim given no one on this board makes that claim and no athesist I have discussed the issue with before ever made that claim.

Can you cope with my experience on forums where Atheists post being very different to yours?

Keepers

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen. 1 John 5:21

Weepers

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

~

"Evolution requires no God" as a scientific theory.... I don't understand the point you are making? No scientific theory requires God.

The Point: God Required No Evolution

By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. Psalms 33:6

To Create His Cosmos

He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing. Job 26:7

Nor Does God Require Science's Permission

Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish. They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily. hey set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth. Psalms 73:7-9

To Undo It All And To Start Over With The New And The Sinless

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. Revelation 21:1-2

~

.... nor does the theory of gravity. I don't understand the point you are making? No scientific theory requires God.

~

The Point: God Is Greater

Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is now their God? But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased. Psalms 115:2-3

Than All Of The Properties Of His Creation

Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth? It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in: Isaiah 40:21-22

Without matter, space-time is flat (left), but it curves when matter is present (right). http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/einsteins-general-relativity-theory-gravity-as-geo.html

~

".... nor the theory of relativity.... I don't understand the point you are making? No scientific theory requires God.

~

The Point: God Is Greater

God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God. Psalms 62:11

Than All The Properties Of His Creation

The day is thine, the night also is thine: thou hast prepared the light and the sun. Thou hast set all the borders of the earth: thou hast made summer and winter. Remember this, that the enemy hath reproached, O LORD, and that the foolish people have blasphemed thy name. Psalms 74:16-18

The principle of relativity: The laws of physics don’t change, even for objects moving in inertial (constant speed) frames of reference.

The principle of the speed of light: The speed of light is the same for all observers, regardless of their motion relative to the light source. (Physicists write this speed using the symbol c.) http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/einsteins-special-relativity.html

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end. Ecclesiastes 3:11

But this isn’t Lincoln-Douglas. This is physics. You want to settle something? You do it with an experiment. So Einstein (and his grad student, Nathan Rosen) tried to show that the Universe had to be deterministic. Their hope was that there are variables that we just haven’t seen yet that determine what’s going to happen. It doesn’t, and there’s now a theorem that tells us why. So Bohr was right, and Einstein was wrong. The Universe isn’t deterministic, not even according to the laws of physics. http://startswithabang.com/?p=1304

And The Bottom Line

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

Jesus Saves

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

Science Won't

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:3-6

~

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isaiah 57:15

Love, Joe

Guest shiloh357

Will you accept the fact the I have heard that claim? I have participated in other forums where that very claim is made, by Atheists.

The problem for me is that many of the atheists on this forum are on those other forums, as well and in the 10 years that I have been here, none of them have ever made that claim.  I would think given the hundreds of atheists that have come and gone, such a claim would have surfaced if your accusation of them were true.

Are you saying I'm lying?

Nn, just that I don't think it is a common or widespread claim given no one on this board makes that claim and no athesist I have discussed the issue with before ever made that claim.

Can you cope with my experience on forums where Atheists post being very different to yours?

Sure.  I just think that you are imbelleshing the facts.  You miight have encountered a few atheists who claim that Evolution = Atheism, but I would say that you are stretching the truth to make it appear as if they respresent the whole or mainstream, when they don't.