• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Hi OneLight,

If you mean we don't need another thread on the rapture because of the bandwidth and/or the money that costs I can agree. But what about the fact that when most of those other threads were being written, many of us who are here now, weren't here then? Until I joined this board, which wasn't that long ago, I didn't even know there was debates on when the rapture would occur. I was taught it was pretrib, and that's all I know of. But I'm not interested in discussing whether it will be pre trib, mid trib, or post trib. I'm just making the point that as new members come to the board, a lot of the same topics will come up. So maybe you mods need to decide on totally deleting old threads that are redundant anyway?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

We already have 172 threads on the rapture already, so we really don't need another. If this thread is to discuss what some may see needs done before He returns, that is fine, but let's not get into another debate on the when this will happen ...

I respect your point.

Let me conclude with one response to bro. Paul, and not in regard to a time frame.

Okay...then we all must remain ready at all times of that there can be no doubt....be one of the five wise virgins not one of the five unwise (unsaved church attendees who believe but are not saved)...

Brother Paul

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

If being Rapture ready means accepting Jesus I was rapture ready 30 years ago.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

If being Rapture ready means accepting Jesus I was rapture ready 30 years ago.

That is wonderfull that you realized your position in Christ 30 years ago and ready to meet the charge at hand.

Sincerely

God bless

Edited by 2404

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2

We already have 172 threads on the rapture already, so we really don't need another. If this thread is to discuss what some may see needs done before He returns, that is fine, but let's not get into another debate on the when this will happen ...

I respect your point.

Let me conclude with one response to bro. Paul, and not in regard to a time frame.

Okay...then we all must remain ready at all times of that there can be no doubt....be one of the five wise virgins not one of the five unwise (unsaved church attendees who believe but are not saved)...

Brother Paul

and here I thought those who believed would be saved!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Rapture ready? Torn. I don't know. I keep learning so much. Although I hate this body due to indwelling sin, I am fully aware that once we are changed, certain things are no longer going to be able to be done. I sat last night with a man for awhile seeking to help him grow in his faith and get to walking straight on the path. I was able to teach him a few things about God he did not know. Rapture happens then that is over. Then there is the idea that I really enjoy marriage and their is a very real possibility that you will see a me shaped pillar of salt somewhere. I have never been able to get it right anyway but something in me really desires to try and try and try some more.

I have already experienced a mini transfiguration. I have already felt what it feels like to have absolutely no need whatsoever without a care in the world. So I am quite sure that none of this will matter afterward but while I am in this body still and not currently experiencing the wondrous joy of being completely overfilled with the Holy Spirit that I have need of nothing, I desire to finish up seemingly unfinished business. Gonna go out and bear witness again tonight because I see the day approaching and there are too many who are not ready.

Peace.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

I'm Ready...Lord Jesus Come...I've Been Drawn and Given New Life In Him...I've taken Jesus as My Savior, He is My Lord and King...He Has Filled That Empty Hole That Was In My Heart...Been Transformed and In Continual Transformation and Renewing of My Mind...by Reading His Word and Spending Time In Prayer...Walking with a New Spirit and a New Heart...Washed In The Blood of The Lamb...Been Given Eternal Life...Healed In My Body...I've Been Born again...Baptised in Water and In The Holy Spirit...Given Gifts...By Going To The Secret Place...Kneeling At The Throne of Grace and Mercy...Loving, Worshipping and Adoring My Savior, Lord and King...His Name is Jesus...

Hurting For Those That Don't Know Him Yet...But asking forgiveness because I'm pretty bold about what has happened to me...Hence, Have Sought and Found,The Lord...Going To Him In Prayer...Being Shown The World Through His Eyes and Hearing His Voice...I Walk In The Plans That He Has For Me...

One day...will spend Eternity with Him...He saved and changed me and I needed saving and changing...I almost left this earth without HIm...and knowing what I know now...that would have been totally unacceptable because since that time I have found out The Truth That Made me Free...

Rapture ready? Torn. I don't know. I keep learning so much. Although I hate this body due to indwelling sin, I am fully aware that once we are changed, certain things are no longer going to be able to be done. I sat last night with a man for awhile seeking to help him grow in his faith and get to walking straight on the path. I was able to teach him a few things about God he did not know. Rapture happens then that is over. Then there is the idea that I really enjoy marriage and their is a very real possibility that you will see a me shaped pillar of salt somewhere. I have never been able to get it right anyway but something in me really desires to try and try and try some more.

I have already experienced a mini transfiguration. I have already felt what it feels like to have absolutely no need whatsoever without a care in the world. So I am quite sure that none of this will matter afterward but while I am in this body still and not currently experiencing the wondrous joy of being completely overfilled with the Holy Spirit that I have need of nothing, I desire to finish up seemingly unfinished business. Gonna go out and bear witness again tonight because I see the day approaching and there are too many who are not ready.

Peace.

Thank you and God continue to bless you Gary

I'm Ready...Lord Jesus Come...I've Been Drawn and Given New Life In Him...I've taken Jesus as My Savior, He is My Lord and King...He Has Filled That Empty Hole That Was In My Heart...Been Transformed and In Continual Transformation and Renewing of My Mind...by Reading His Word and Spending Time In Prayer...Walking with a New Spirit and a New Heart...Washed In The Blood of The Lamb...Been Given Eternal Life...Healed In My Body...I've Been Born again...Baptised in Water and In The Holy Spirit...Given Gifts...By Going To The Secret Place...Kneeling At The Throne of Grace and Mercy...Loving, Worshipping and Adoring My Savior, Lord and King...His Name is Jesus...

Hurting For Those That Don't Know Him Yet...But asking forgiveness because I'm pretty bold about what has happened to me...Hence, Have Sought and Found,The Lord...Going To Him In Prayer...Being Shown The World Through His Eyes and Hearing His Voice...I Walk In The Plans That He Has For Me...

One day...will spend Eternity with Him...He saved and changed me and I needed saving and changing...I almost left this earth without HIm...and knowing what I know now...that would have been totally unacceptable because since that time I have found out The Truth That Made me Free...

Amen and Amen

My desire also.

I respect your point.

Brother Paul

Hello bro Paul.

Not just to differ with you but allow me to state my understanding of the parable.

They were all virgins.

To go in with the bridegroom (marriage supper 'first resurrection') they had to have the oil, 'sealed until the day of your redemption'.

The five foolish, stood for Christ and Christ will stand for them at the judgement.

Those in the first resurrection will judge 'men and angels' and will not come into the judgement.