IGNORED

False Accusation

Sevenseas

In the world, we do have trials and we do have difficult times and we may even come to expect such as Jesus warned us about these things.

I am sure some of us have even been falsely accused of saying or doing things we have not done. Perhaps, we have had lies told about us.

Perhaps, we have had our reputation tarnished by gossip or false accusation or even someone talking behind our backs while pretending to

be our friend.

Recently, a friend of mine had another believer accost them and accuse them of saying and doing things that really were not true. Now my

friend was surprised at the accusations and tried to reason with this other person and it seemed that things might get straightened out.

The opposite happened though and now this other believer is spreading gossip and lies about my friend. My friend was quite hurt when they

found out that the other believer has started a 'prayer' group and had told others things that were not true in order to cause themself to

appear righteous. The people praying for this situation do not know the real story behind it all, so of course you cannot fault them, but I think

you have to wonder about the person who is causing this mess and has gone so far as to state that my friend is not a believer.

They do not go to the same church, so it would be difficult to go to the pastor or an elder so this other person is free to say whatever they want

and really, why would anyone doubt them? This person often talks about their love for Jesus and how dedicated they are but in this matter,

it seems they are not acting righteously.

My friend said that after praying about the situation, they believe that God told them not to be in fear about this, but to just trust in Him and He will bring the

truth to light.

There is a thread about loving one's enemies but do we consider another Christian our enemy? Has anyone dealt with this type of situation before

and if so, how did you handle it? Thanks

Matthew 12

33 “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.

34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

35 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.

36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Tell your friend not to worry. God's keeping track.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

seven, yeah, it's disturbing when a fellow christian accuses someone of not being a christian. i see it happen here on worthy frequently even. exactly what is "christian" enough? isn't it wonderful that God is the one who judges us based on our heart, and not other people, who tend to judge us according to their own self-righteousness? we can't stop others from gossip. what we can do, still, is pray that God will help us to forgive them and love them in spite of it. those who are hearing the gossip are going to fall into two categories... those who also love to gossip and judge according to their own self-righteousness, and those who recognize the gossip for what it is... malicious and sinful. those people are probably praying for that person right along with you and your friend, even if you and your friend are never made aware of the prayer warriors standing in the gap.

your friend needs to not worry so much about the gossip. i know that's hard. but her actions will speak for themselves... and that's where praying for one's own ability to forgive and show loving kindness comes in handy,.

I think that is when people cross the line and judge the heart...we can judge if a certain doctrine is wrong but judging motive is not something we should get in the habit of doing

I had to accept a long time ago, that no one can hurt you like another Christian. Doesn't mean they are the enemy either...as per my op...but sometimes it sure can feel like it

Matthew 12

33 “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.

34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

35 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.

36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Tell your friend not to worry. God's keeping track.

Thanks man. That is a passage of scripture we can all do well to remember.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

It is also important to know when to turn away from strife and let it go. The truth is all that matters and truth will always win out in the end. If someone comes against you falsely, forgive them, and if they continue, remind them of the truth and turn them over to God and let Him deal with them. Arguing will never solve the problem. There comes a time when someone defends their stance because they don't want to be seen as a false witness, not because they seek the truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I have gone through this many times. Once I had a board member of my church threaten me with his fist

my face. He was red faced and in a rage. I was to pay him for work he had done on our house when it

sold.. He somehow learned that we had received the check, but it had come on the week end and had

not yet even cleared the bank. I wrote him a check but warned him it would not be good till the next day.

When I talked to my pastor he had gone before me with a story. I don't know what was said

but my pastor would not listen to me.

Others had also gone to him accusing me of being an alcoholic or

a drug user, neither of which were true but were in fact laughable they were so rediculous. I suspect my

accurser in this case was in fact an alcoholic, because once when we were at their home her husband

asked her if she wanted some of her wine that she kept in her bedroom.

I managed to forgive them

because Jesus hung on a cross and said "Father forgive them, they know not what they do".

However, I have never trusted them since then.

As said, the bibical way to handle this is to go to them, then confront with a Christian friend if they do

not listen, then go to the elders or a pastor and ask them for help. Sometimes the system breaks down.

Paul warned the Christians to avoid Alexander the Coppersmith because he had done him much harm.

Some people try to divide friends, homes, churches, and cause others to follow them. Factious people

are to avoided as well. Titus 3:10

There may have been times that I inadvertedly started a rumor or some gossip. I hope not.

Guest LadyC

willamina, i know there have been times when i've been guilty. i just pray that God will continue to make me more like Him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

It is also important to know when to turn away from strife and let it go. The truth is all that matters and truth will always win out in the end. If someone comes against you falsely, forgive them, and if they continue, remind them of the truth and turn them over to God and let Him deal with them. Arguing will never solve the problem. There comes a time when someone defends their stance because they don't want to be seen as a false witness, not because they seek the truth.

I agree. Not letting go of something causes turmoil inside after awhile.

But who can discern their own errors? Forgive my hidden faults. Psalm 19:12

Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! Psalm 139:23

The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the LORD tests the heart. Proverbs 17:3

Willamina~

I have gone through this many times. Once I had a board member of my church threaten me with his fist

my face. He was red faced and in a rage. I was to pay him for work he had done on our house when it

sold.. He somehow learned that we had received the check, but it had come on the week end and had

not yet even cleared the bank. I wrote him a check but warned him it would not be good till the next day.

When I talked to my pastor he had gone before me with a story. I don't know what was said

but my pastor would not listen to me.

I've known one pastor who would not listen either...so much for honesty and impartiality ...

Others had also gone to him accusing me of being an alcoholic or

a drug user, neither of which were true but were in fact laughable they were so rediculous. I suspect my

accurser in this case was in fact an alcoholic, because once when we were at their home her husband

asked her if she wanted some of her wine that she kept in her bedroom.

That's bizarre...but I believe you...having lived through some harrowing false accusations myself in years gone by which, as you state, were laughable...but it hurts, right?

Anyway, God keeps the record even when things get blurry to us! :) You might read the article that Elhanan linked to. Here it is again It's encouraging and and comforting

and every one of us can probably identify with the scripture at one time or another ~

Paul warned the Christians to avoid Alexander the Coppersmith because he had done him much harm.

Some people try to divide friends, homes, churches, and cause others to follow them. Factious people

are to avoided as well. Titus 3:10

Yes...factious people which we are warned to stay away from...they are operating out of the wrong spirit

There may have been times that I inadvertedly started a rumor or some gossip. I hope not.

Well you know what the Bible says about the tongue...smallest member, hardest to train...you are no different than any of us...the thing is to admit it, renounce it and turn from it...repentance!

Thank you Willamina :)

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Whether born into or part of the Body of....thanks!