tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I heard a preacher preaching on Paul's enduring ministry. He was talking about Paul's message to not "lose heart". This message has much to do with enduring. Especially with regard to the study of the words "lose heart". Here are the passages:

2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. 2 Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. 12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you. 13 It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken." With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, 14 because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. 15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

Did you know that the term of "losing heart" is very important. It is not only talking about giving up, but rather, about turning back to acts of wickedness, a bad nature, and sin.

Here is the term from the KJV Greek study.

The word is: Ekkakeo

It is derived from 2 word meanings:

ejk:

a primary preposition denoting origin (the point whence action or motion proceeds),

from, out (of place, time, or cause

AND

Kakos:

of a bad nature

not such as it ought to be

of a mode of thinking, feeling, acting

base, wrong, wicked

troublesome, injurious, pernicious, destructive, baneful

King James Word Usage - Total: 51

evil 40, evil things 3, harm 2, that which is evil + (3458)&version=kjv 2, wicked 1, ill 1, bad 1, noisome 1

To endure, means, not to give up, and most certainly to continue in the Righteousness of Christ Jesus, even when everyone around you, has deserted you. Which is the way that Paul was left. There was not a big fanfare at the end of his ministry. The only one left to stand with him was Luke. But, Paul had endured! He had finished the race.

Hebrews 12:3, reminds us just what it means to endure/strive with sinful men. It is not easy, and it is quite painful, yet it will happen:

1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Do not give up! Do not turn back to the "old" ways! Continue in faith and strength, that the grace of our Lord provides!

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

i have jsut went through a very trying time, ame time in which i failed THE LORD for a space there. even though i didnt give up or go ayaw from GOD i was not walking in the fullness of HIS LOVE. i am now back on the right track and feel the power and touch of THE HOLY GHOST. HE again is doing what i ask of him and i do praise HIM for that. i do praise GOD for bring me to the point that HE has. i know i cant live with out HIM. i have quit complaining and acting like i should not. he answered so many prayers for me on sat night i was up all noght reading THE BIBLE i slept 30 minits the whole night and i felt refreshed the next day GOD had told me to stay awake and read HIS WORD. i slept for the thirty minites and had night mare all that time. i want to always obey HIM in what HE tells me to do. thanks to all who pryaed for me

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50

i have jsut went through a very trying time, ame time in which i failed THE LORD for a space there. even though i didnt give up or go ayaw from GOD i was not walking in the fullness of HIS LOVE. i am now back on the right track and feel the power and touch of THE HOLY GHOST. HE again is doing what i ask of him and i do praise HIM for that. i do praise GOD for bring me to the point that HE has. i know i cant live with out HIM. i have quit complaining and acting like i should not. he answered so many prayers for me on sat night i was up all noght reading THE BIBLE i slept 30 minits the whole night and i felt refreshed the next day GOD had told me to stay awake and read HIS WORD. i slept for the thirty minites and had night mare all that time. i want to always obey HIM in what HE tells me to do. thanks to all who pryaed for me

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

It may be easier for your walk with Him if you find out what He is asking of you.

OneLight

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Good topic Suzanne,

I haven't read the whole thing, so forgive me if I repeat what has already been covered.

I believe it is the endurance of faith, the 'faith that works by love'. Saving faith brings Christ to dwell in the heart. Thus the enduring would be allowing Christ to work through you. It is not 'all our work', but allowing Christ to work through us. We put forth the effort, Christ dwelling in us provides the power and 'always gives the victory'.

We are not to worry whether we are 'good enough', for that takes our eyes off of Christ dwelling within. We are to continue to look to Christ who dwells within by faith. This takes allot of mental discipline, for self, sin, the world and the devil all seek to put our eyes on ourselves, thus off of Christ.

When we abide in faith, the absolute knowledge that Jesus really dwells in us, supplying all that we need, we are 'more than conquerors' and out of us will flow rivers of love, obedience, righteousness and endurance. It all starts with 'saving faith'. There are many types of faith, but only 'saving faith' is able to endure.

A good question to ask ourselves is, do 'I really believe', 'know' that Jesus, the 'Living Savior' dwells in me and empowers me moment by moment? If not, then I have what is called 'head faith', which has no assurance and no power for endurance. The very Spirit that dwelt in Jesus, dwells in the 'believer' by faith, enabling him/her to do the very works of Jesus and be an example of Him to all we come in contact with.

Most of what is taught today is 'head faith', the belief in theories and doctrines. It doesn't change the heart and all the issues of life proceed from the heart. Thus we have 'believers', who can't do what is required and thus subject to failure and defeat. Living Faith brings the actual 'Spiritual presence' of Jesus into the heart, the kingdom within you. You are 'complete in Him', by that faith, it is a free gift, He is the 'free gift', dwelling personally in each 'believer.

You still are aware of the 'Old nature', but now have the 'armor of God' and are more than ready for the battle for 'Christ always gives the victory'. The 'believer' can do 'all things in Christ', no worry, no doubts, all has already been provided. We may fail, but Jesus is always ready to pick us up again and teach us how to 'walk in living faith', for without 'faith, it is impossible to please Him', let alone endure.

This kind of faith is not easily procured. It too is a gift of God, a fruit of the Spirit, only for those who are tired of failure, tired of worry, tired of empty theories and doctrines which do not give the 'new heart'. When you seek to believe this 'Living Faith', the devil and all his minions will come out to derail you for you are now equipped to do battle with principalities and powers of darkness and defeat them.

I hope this will help some. I left out Scripural support, but will provide it if any want to look at it.

God bless all,

Dennis

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  36

Have we considered the cost? Do we realize how vital enduring is/will be? We've got to consider the cost NOW! As I studied the following passages, one REALLY stood out:

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mr 4:17 - Show Context

And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

Mr 13:13 - Show Context

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

2Th 1:4 - Show Context

So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:

2Ti 2:3 - Show Context

Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2Ti 2:10 - Show Context

Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

2Ti 4:3 - Show Context

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:5 - Show Context

But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Heb 12:7 - Show Context

If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Heb 12:20 - Show Context

(For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:

Jas 5:11 - Show Context

Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

1Pe 2:19 - Show Context

For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.

I want to be sure that I do not endure, just for "a time". I want to continually consider the cost and endure for "eternity". This can only be done, if we abide in Christ Jesus, Whose Name is The Word.

Have you considered enduring, and how far it will take you? I am reminded continually of what the Father says to His child..............about enduring.

When we think that our opposition has become great, we are reminded that we have not had to endure the shedding of "our" blood.

Hebrews 12:3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.

4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

This is my word of encouragement to you.

In His Love,

Suzanne

The day draws near when everyone who names the name of the Lord will hear the Preaching of Jonah. Those who will endure will respond the same as the people of Nineveh who could not discern their right from there left but knew that you did not want to fall under the wrath of God. Forty days it was then and forty days it will be.

As I read these passages this morning, I was reminded of this thread.

This is enduring:

Habakuk 3:17

Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines;

Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food;

Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls--

18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

19 The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet,

And He will make me walk on my high hills.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

This is enduring:

Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls--

In His Love,

Suzanne

Amen sister, I hear ya. :laugh:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  36

This is enduring:

In His Love,

Suzanne

Amen Suzanne

The Lord is our Strength. Our sword and our shield.

Our leader in battle on the world battle field.

Our bread when we're hungry. Our drink when we're dry.

Our Hope for tomorrow. If in Christ we might die.

The Lord is our savior. He died and rose again.

To silence the accuser and free us from all sin.

The Lord is our Author. The Lord is our King.

The Lord is our honor, and His praises we'll sing.

Fore our Lord conquered everything.

Our Father made him King of Kings

and of His Glory we will sing

and praise the King of Kings.

Dear Sion,

That's really beautiful. Did you write it?

Thanks for sharing it!

In His Love,

Suzanne