God's dimension...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

What has changed in your lives since you became part of God's dimension? We have to admit that it is a different dimension, everything changes around us doesn't it? Do you feel like things in your lives change when your mind tends to drift towards the world at times? I find it amazing that people' state of mind around us change according to our own state of mind...ever noticed that?

• Loved it! 1

What has changed in your lives since you became part of God's dimension? We have to admit that it is a different dimension, everything changes around us doesn't it? Do you feel like things in your lives change when your mind tends to drift towards the world at times? I find it amazing that people' state of mind around us change according to our own state of mind...ever noticed that?

When you say, "God's dimension" and "different dimension," are you referring to the following (specifically the phrase in bold and italics)

2:4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of his great love with which he loved us, 2:5 even though we were dead in transgressions, made us alive together with Christ – by grace you are saved!16 2:6 and he raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 2:7 to demonstrate in the coming ages17the surpassing wealth of his grace in kindness toward18us in Christ Jesus. 2:8 For by grace you are saved19through faith,20and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; 2:9 it is not from21works, so that no one can boast.222:10 For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand so we may do them.23

Perhaps another way to phrase that (in my mind), is that we now can see the world through God's eyes, and not our own, which does make a difference with those we cross paths with. To know God:

The Lord says,

“Wise people should not boast that they are wise.

Powerful people should not boast that they are powerful. 59

Rich people should not boast that they are rich. 60

9:24 If people want to boast, they should boast about this:

They should boast that they understand and know me.

They should boast that they know and understand

that I, the Lord, act out of faithfulness, fairness, and justice in the earth

and that I desire people to do these things,” 61

says the Lord. - Jeremiah 9:23 & 24

and to be imitators of God:

Therefore, be 1 imitators of God as dearly loved children 5:2 and live 2 in love, just as Christ also loved us 3 and gave himself for us, a sacrificial and fragrant offering 4 to God. - Ephesians 5: 1 & 2

This is just my take on what you asked. To sum it up...to know God, to love God, and to imitate God...so that we can be a light and salt of the earth to show others that there is a much better way to live. I'll close with my favourite verse, which I believe is very direct as to what we do as Christians.

He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. - Micah 6:8

God bless you,

Randal

ps. The above Scriptures that I have shared, concerning how we as Christians are to live, are only possible through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in our life. We can not do these things on our own. So, with one more Scripture for you to consider...

If we live by the Spirit, let us also behave in accordance with 48 the Spirit. - Galations 5:25

Exactly and Amen to that Treetopflyer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Since I have become a devoted believer in Jesus Christ I have changed a great deal.I can look back and see a huge difference.When I was alot younger and I went to Church and said I was a believer I had not totally commited my life to Christ.

Christ had to do some sifting but my life is totally in His hands now.And I can not imagine my life in a better place :mgcheerful: .

Lord,You are the Potter and I am the clay.Please mold me into the person who You want me to be. :th_praying:

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Hall7,

I think using the phrase God's dimension is misleading. To me God's dimension would be Heaven, and we're not there yet. So if I answer it as meaning what changed after I gave myself over to God, many things. But not the things and people around me. Just me, I changed. I then made a big mistake because no one else in my extended family wanted to give up being nominal believers in God. So I alienated myself from everyone and many of them never got over it. That was 30 years ago. So you're pretty lucky if this worked out for you as you say. What I have found is our faith is not for this world. The hopes and promises of Christianity for what comes after we leave here. We don't all get the same experiences by living for God.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Hall7,

I think using the phrase God's dimension is misleading. To me God's dimension would be Heaven, and we're not there yet. So if I answer it as meaning what changed after I gave myself over to God, many things. But not the things and people around me. Just me, I changed. I then made a big mistake because no one else in my extended family wanted to give up being nominal believers in God. So I alienated myself from everyone and many of them never got over it. That was 30 years ago. So you're pretty lucky if this worked out for you as you say. What I have found is our faith is not for this world. The hopes and promises of Christianity for what comes after we leave here. We don't all get the same experiences by living for God.

Yes,the word dimension is possibly misleading but who cares?I got the point.

Matthew 16:26

What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?

Now who's benefit is it JTC if you are alienated by those who did not believe as you do?Christ was denied by many in this world.

Hall7,

I suppose I used the word "dimension" because it feels like the world around me changes when living with the peace of the Holy spirit. Everything seems to fall into place when I let Him be my co-pilot, when I listen to His voice instead of mine. I've noticed that God speaks to certain people's minds around me to make my life easier, and that usually happens when the peace of God is within me, when I am completely free of any worries and let Him take charge. Ever noticed that when you're in a bad mood everything around you seems to go wrong and people seem to project your bad mood? It's the opposite when you feel peaceful and worry-less because of God's peace in you. It projects onto people around you, they change... Or let's say that I'm late for a flight...I've noticed that if I worry and get aggravated because I think I'm going to miss the flight, and listen to "my" mind, then I probably most likely will miss my flight. However if I feel at peace and worry-less and leave it in God's hands with faith, then God will make something happen in order for me to not miss my flight. It has happened many times... So that's why I like to call it a dimension, because God can truly change things in the real world and spiritual world. Or maybe a better word for it would be to live in God's "zone". :)

Hall7,

I then made a big mistake because no one else in my extended family wanted to give up being nominal believers in God. So I alienated myself from everyone and many of them never got over it. That was 30 years ago. So you're pretty lucky if this worked out for you as you say. What I have found is our faith is not for this world. The hopes and promises of Christianity for what comes after we leave here. We don't all get the same experiences by living for God.

I can relate to alienate ourselves from certain people in order to not be affected by the world's state of mind. I alienated myself from one of my sisters because she fell into the new age movement. However her intentions in her heart aren't bad, she's just being miss-leaded by the wrong influences of the world as many of us have been in the past before finding the right path. I still speak to her at times and still love her as much but...I feel sad for her spirit. I believe that part of our faith is for this world because without it the world becomes...well...the world. And when faith is combined with the Holy spirit, we can surpass the world and see beyond it. We can live in the peacefulness of God' dimension/zone. Personally I mostly find His peace here on Earth with His natural creations rather than by man made creations. The purity that has been left here from the beginning of times can always be found by a river, a mountain, the ocean, the sun and rain, snow, animals etc... So it is a good thing to be alienated from the world, because without doing so we cannot find peace within ourselves. It's ok to prosper and be happy in life, God wants us to as long as we use our prosperity to help others. Some believe they need to be Martyrs, to will themselves into suffering for God' sake, (which is necessary in "some" cases). I believe that long suffering means to suffer for spirits who haven't been saved, and that shows compassion for the world because we care. Jesus still suffers for the world everyday, so it is understandable that we feel His pain for the world through us. But we still rejoice in the Lord because we are free.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I much rather God lead me - when i have chosen to lead I end up in trouble and have to wait for God to work things out. Much harder waiting since i am not good at that. His way is always the best, easiest, and shortest - usually much better in every way. O the silly wrong choices we make on a daily basis when we do it without waiting for His lead.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Everything seems to fall into place when I let Him be my co-pilot,

:emot-blahblah: You need to switch seats. :3: