Pope's 'Scandalous' Exorcism?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  288
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

bopeep- What then do you recommend for those suffering with demonic possession? Should they pray, read the Bible, attend a good church? If they are seriously afflicted they may not be able to do these things and prayer itself may not be sufficient. The books of the New Testament are not in chronological order and the latter books do not supersede the former in importance or significance. In Mark 16:17-18 Jesus said " And these signs shall follow them that believe, in my name they shall cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.". Also, in John 14:12 "Verily, verily I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do he shall do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my father". The scriptures you cited in no way suggest that we should not cast out demons. Should we put on the whole armor of God and resist the devil? Of course. Does the Devil walk about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour? Absolutely. I realize that people in this forum come from different traditions and have different understandings of the Bible. Although this thread has been dealing with demon possession the greater works also refer to healing and the miraculous which I believe never ceased, or at least were always available for the followers of Jesus. The miraculous is still happening. I can recommend a few books. God's Generals by Roberts Liardon which includes short biographies on Smith Wigglesworth, William Branham, John G' Lake, Katherine Kuhlman and many others. Also Only Believe by Don Stewart. They should be available for a reasonable price at Christian Book Distributors or Amazon.com. Also, Acts Today, Signs and Wonders of the Holy Spirit by Ralph W. Harris if it is still available documents verified healings, instances of xenoglossolia and other miraculous events.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

This guy seems to be all over the map. Why do I have a sick feeling this man might be part of the New World Order?

Rustyangel, I assure you that what I am relating is Biblical and thait am not a spokesperson for a New World Order. I imagine that your Christian influences and background are different. I realize that I have strayed a lot from the original post. I was originally going to make a single short comment but others kept asking questions and I felt I should respond.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

bopeep- What then do you recommend for those suffering with demonic possession? Should they pray, read the Bible, attend a good church? If they are seriously afflicted they may not be able to do these things and prayer itself may not be sufficient. The books of the New Testament are not in chronological order and the latter books do not supersede the former in importance or significance. In Mark 16:17-18 Jesus said " And these signs shall follow them that believe, in my name they shall cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.". Also, in John 14:12 "Verily, verily I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do he shall do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my father". The scriptures you cited in no way suggest that we should not cast out demons. Should we put on the whole armor of God and resist the devil? Of course. Does the Devil walk about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour? Absolutely. I realize that people in this forum come from different traditions and have different understandings of the Bible. Although this thread has been dealing with demon possession the greater works also refer to healing and the miraculous which I believe never ceased, or at least were always available for the followers of Jesus. The miraculous is still happening. I can recommend a few books. God's Generals by Roberts Liardon which includes short biographies on Smith Wigglesworth, William Branham, John G' Lake, Katherine Kuhlman and many others. Also Only Believe by Don Stewart. They should be available for a reasonable price at Christian Book Distributors or Amazon.com. Also, Acts Today, Signs and Wonders of the Holy Spirit by Ralph W. Harris if it is still available documents verified healings, instances of xenoglossolia and other miraculous events.

What do we do with those suffering with demonic possession?Put it in God's hands.

What do we do with those suffering with demonic possession?Put it in God's hands.

Bopeep- I believe that prayer may not in itself be enough. I also speak through personal experience and feel passionately about the subject. It is also a controversial subject with many diverse approaches and opinions. Thank you for the prayers you offered for me in a different thread. God bless you Bopeep.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/19/1993

*sighs* Just shows how skeptical we as a society have become of anything supernatural.

I, however, am not skeptical. I've seen too much. I know that the 'other side' is very real and very evil, and that we ought to cast out demons and stand against them. I also applaud the pope for doing so.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for all the great books you recommended.  I do believe that miracles continue to occur in this day and age.

Edited by WalkTheWay

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/24/1983

Earlier on this was on the 'video'-forum aswell. This is not even close to a scandal. I say:

What do you think this is?

This is most likely just a prayer combined with the laying on hands; nothing more, nothing less. The Roman Catholic church does not do public exorcisms. Exorcisms are preformed by some RC priests, but a RC priest will never tell if he does or did pratice exorcism. According to the (RC) church law this most happen in secret, without anyone knowing of it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Earlier on this was on the 'video'-forum aswell. This is not even close to a scandal. I say:

What do you think this is?

This is most likely just a prayer combined with the laying on hands; nothing more, nothing less. The Roman Catholic church does not do public exorcisms. Exorcisms are preformed by some RC priests, but a RC priest will never tell if he does or did pratice exorcism. According to the (RC) church law this most happen in secret, without anyone knowing of it.

I agree. It was not any exorcism. the young man's response, however could have been an evil spirit's reaction or it could have just been a affect of someone who has been touched by someone he holds in awe---or, he could be mentally deficient in some way and the response reveals that, also, with the open, gaping mouth, etc.