MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Does it not say that it is sin for a man to lie with another as with a woman? Unless he is doing that then I would understand it to be very clear because these men are choosing not to sin - perhaps by their testimonial walk they are winning others from that lifestyle. Who's to know but Jesus?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,377
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Does it not say that it is sin for a man to lie with another as with a woman? Unless he is doing that then I would understand it to be very clear because these men are choosing not to sin - perhaps by their testimonial walk they are winning others from that lifestyle. Who's to know but Jesus?

No that's no what GE is saying... the act itself is not the begin of sin but the thought processes themselves before the act is ever committed!

The very desire to have relations with your own likeness... is sin!

Thus the understanding of renewing of the mind and all things becoming new when born again! Love, Steven

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I think all of us will be most surprised at the rapture to see those whom we have judged unworthy of heaven to be be standing next to us. We should first look at ourselves and our faults/ sins and then decide if the one we are judging is worthy of the unmerited grace offered to us by Jesus' redemptive act on the cross. We judge too freely from our own experience and not from the eyes of the love of God.

The OP says that these men are Christians who do not act upon that predisposition. How many of us act on any of our own faults albeit they are not the same as those of these men? Lust, envy, jealousy, just to start with yet we see not our own sin but judge that of someone who has accepted Jesus and follows Him by not surrendering to his desire.

You hit the proverbial nail on the head here, Littlelambs. WE are not the one's who will decide who is worthy and who is not. Deciding to fight a sinful desire is very hard and God may recognize that. He knows we are weak, He knows our every thought. Declaring that ANYONE is not worthy of salvation is an attempt to usurp God's right to judge as He sees fit and is a sin in itself. Not only will we be surprised by who is standing next to us in that line, we will also be surprised by who ISN'T.

To me it's simple. I admire them for not acting on this lifestyle, but they are still gay in their minds. I still don't think someone who calls themselves gay, knowing what scripture says about it can also have the mind of Christ. I would call that double mindedness. Someone in this thread says they see nothing wrong with being gay, well God does. Start in Leviticus 18:22 God calls it an abomination. In Romans God says He will turn them over to a reprobate mind. Then in 2 Corinthians 6:9-10 it talks about all the things that will not inherit the Kingdom of God, homosexuality is one of them. It says nothing about being celibate. This really is a no brainer when it comes to the Christians walk. We are either going to accept the word of God or were not. We cannot make acceptations. And to be honest I'm tired of Christians hashing this topic over and over. It's a sin, plain and simple.

Homosexuality IS a sin, no doubt of that. I believe that a gay person who remains celibate is repentenant though and God will decide if that is enough for salvation.

Once again I have to ask where does the mind of Christ come into this. This person cannot think like a gay person. They cannot say I'm living in a gay relationship but yes I"m gay. It's just not going to fly.

No, they're saying they are NOT living in a gay relationship and choose to be celibate in an attempt to follow Christ's teaching.

Question MG... Or anyone else for that matter. Should someone who's a "celibate" homosexual be a part of a leadership team of a church? If everything's all good than it shouldn't be a problem right? Curious...

That question is WAY above my pay grade, G.E. Personally, I would say no because the individual is in a state of chaos while struggling with that issue. But I'm not sure that God would not encourage these people to lead others away from sin.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

No that's no what GE is saying... the act itself is not the begin of sin but the thought processes themselves before the act is ever committed!

Thus the understanding of renewing of the mind and all things becoming new when born again! Love, Steven

Yes. Exactly what I was trying to point out Steven. :thumbsup:

Luke 6:45

45 The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

So the mouth speaks what's in the heart. The mind thinks what's in the heart as well. Jesus said it was sin to even think of killing someone. He also said it was the same thing as committing adultery to think of a woman lustfully.

So the question remains... By not committing the physical act is one who is a homosexual really, truly celibate? Do thoughts count as well?

Curious as to Littlelambseativy's, Enoob57's, MG's or anyone else's thoughts.

God bless,

GE

Question MG... Or anyone else for that matter. Should someone who's a "celibate" homosexual be a part of a leadership team of a church? If everything's all good than it shouldn't be a problem right? Curious...

That question is WAY above my pay grade, G.E. Personally, I would say no because the individual is in a state of chaos while struggling with that issue. But I'm not sure that God would not encourage these people to lead others away from sin.

Lol @ the pay grade comment. Actually none of us are paid so perhaps it isn't above any of our pay grades? It is really a pertinent question for the discussion I would say. There is a difference between leading (encouraging) others away from sin and being leaders (pastor, priest, deacon, elder, etc.) in a local church. Don't you think?

Again we point back to Scripture when evaluating any opinions, doctrines, or truth. What does Scripture say?

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

By comparison, we should commend the bank robber for choosing not fall to the sin of greed because he decided not to take all of the money in the vault

Surely it's more like commending someone who was very tempted to rob a bank but chose not to because he believed it would be wrong to do so?

Lol @ the pay grade comment. Actually none of us are paid so perhaps it isn't above any of our pay grades? It is really a pertinent question for the discussion I would say. There is a difference between leading (encouraging) others away from sin and being leaders (pastor, priest, deacon, elder, etc.) in a local church. Don't you think?

Again we point back to Scripture when evaluating any opinions, doctrines, or truth. What does Scripture say?

God bless,

GE

I meant above my 'pay grade' as a theologian.....which I am NOT by any stretch of the imagination. And I did say that, IMO, these people are in chaos and, because of that, are not suitable for leadership in a church. Scripture tells us that the DESIRE to sin is as bad as actually committing the sin. My point is that fighting that desire may be something that God considers. Only He knows for sure.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,377
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Yes. Exactly what I was trying to point out Steven. :thumbsup:

Luke 6:45

45 The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

So the mouth speaks what's in the h

eart. The mind thinks what's in the heart as well. Jesus said it was sin to even think of killing someone. He also said it was the same thing as committing adultery to think of a woman lustfully.

So the question remains... By not committing the physical act is one who is a homosexual really, truly celibate? Do thoughts count as well?

Curious as to Littlelambseativy's, Enoob57's, MG's or anyone else's thoughts.

God bless,

GE

That which is dead can only be accounted to the place of death and that which 'IS' alive to that which 'IS' Living....

thus God says let the dead bury the dead.... this is why the Law could not save Romans! The being's heart had to be born new...

Love, Steven

God bless,

GE

I meant above my 'pay grade' as a theologian.....which I am NOT by any stretch of the imagination. And I did say that, IMO, these people are in chaos and, because of that, are not suitable for leadership in a church. Scripture tells us that the DESIRE to sin is as bad as actually committing the sin. My point is that fighting that desire may be something that God considers. Only He knows for sure.

Ah I see... I'm not a theologian either. I agree with you sister in bold. :thumbsup:

For reference...

Overseers = Bishop/Pastor/Priest

Deacon = Elder/Deacon

1 Tim. 3:1-3 (And click 1 Timothy 3:1-7 in context)

Qualifications for Overseers

The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.

1 Timothy 3:12-13 (click 1 Timothy 3:8-13 in context)

Qualifications for Deacons

Let deacons each be the husband of one wife, managing their children and their own households well.For those who serve well as deacons gain a good standing for themselves and also great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus.

God bless,

GE