• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/08/1952

Having your pets blessed isn't going to feed them or give them water after you leave. You need to ask someone to take care of them.

A "Rapture will" will go into effect after you are gone. Don't forget - You won't be the only one leaving.

If you believe in the Pre-Trib Rapture, you should be prepared. It isn't going to cost you much, if anything - so what would it hurt?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Post-Tribbers, No-Tribbers, and Preterists - This thread does NOT question the validity of the Pre-Trib Rapture. You can do that on other threads. I would like to ask the Pre-Tribbers a very SERIOUS question.

Pre-Tribbers - You will be going away at some point in time - in a moment's notice. Have you made any plans? Have you made a Rapture will? SOMEBODY should get your property - unless you want someone to break down your door and just take it - your house, your car, your furniture, etc. What about your money? You could will it to your non-religious family member or very good friend of another religion.

You can go online and make a will. You don't even need a lawyer.

What about your pets? You don't want them to die of thirst - do you? That would be horribly cruel. SOMEBODY should take care of them. You DO love your cats, dogs, or whatever  - don't you?

Have you made ANY plans?

I won't make any plans, because God doesn't tell us to. Things will unfold as they should. As for pets, they will either die or well-meaning people left behind will care for them just as well-meaning people care for survivors of any cataclysmic event. Charity doesn't fly out the window just because all the Christians are gone. There will be far bigger consequences than mere pets left behind.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Fez - You DO have control of where your possessions end up after you leave.

John - Since I'm probably older than you, don't call me "kid". If you would like to resort to childish name-calling, that can easily be arranged.

Marv - No they won't - not right away. You don't have to give your things to "believers". In fact, you probably won't.

bopeep - Letting your pets die of thirst is NOT in God's hands. It will be in yours. You should arrange to have someone take care of them after you leave.

tgw - Actually I wasn't - but that was a thoughtful way of looking at it.

Where is your faith?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Post-Tribbers, No-Tribbers, and Preterists - This thread does NOT question the validity of the Pre-Trib Rapture. You can do that on other threads. I would like to ask the Pre-Tribbers a very SERIOUS question.

Pre-Tribbers - You will be going away at some point in time - in a moment's notice. Have you made any plans? Have you made a Rapture will? SOMEBODY should get your property - unless you want someone to break down your door and just take it - your house, your car, your furniture, etc. What about your money? You could will it to your non-religious family member or very good friend of another religion.

What about your pets? You don't want them to die of thirst - do you? That would be horribly cruel. SOMEBODY should take care of them. You DO love your cats, dogs, or whatever  - don't you?

Have you made ANY plans?

I have 5 cats.  They take care of themselves very well without me to begin with. When I come home from a long trip, they hardly recognize me (they are outdoor cats) and do fine alone.  :laughing:

Seriously, I used to believe in a pre-Trib rapture, but I no longer do, and have abandoned my evangelical beliefs because they did not seem biblical to me.  Nor do I believe in an "immortal soul"  and the final "lake of fire" does what fire is supposed to do, ie. destroy those thrown in--- not merely torment them forever and ever. Tormenting forever and ever is not death, but eternal life in torment which the bible does not teach. I discovered a lot of "biblical Christianity" is merely Greek (and other mythology) in disguise.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I guess I could have some off based Lutherian or Episcapal pastor have my pets blessed, that should take care of it.  But what of my gold fish (which I do not have), will it get too hot in the house or will some one steal them.  If one wants to make a will, I suggest it go to something going on in Israel.  But will the Rapture only cause a missing person report and not a death report.  No body, No will that can be evoked.

In Christ

Montana Marv

A person has to be pronounced dead by a physician for a family to get life insurance or a death report.They made an exception to that in the 9/11 tragedy.They assumed that everyone not accounted for in the building was dead and families recieved benefits.I have always wondered....what if a person was having legal issues or in a unhappy situation at the time?They could have just left the building never to be seen again and change their idenity :hmmm:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

What difference when someone goes, be it pre, mid, post or ana?  Your confusing me as why just pre?  We all will leave people and pets behind.  What is the purpose of a thread like this anyway?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

gnomonist.

Let's look at a quote of yours from above:  I put it in blue

Seriously, I used to believe in a pre-Trib rapture, but I no longer do, and have abandoned my evangelical beliefs because they did not seem biblical to me.  Nor do I believe in an "immortal soul"  and the final "lake of fire" does what fire is supposed to do, ie. destroy those thrown in--- not merely torment them forever and ever. Tormenting forever and ever is not death, but eternal life in torment which the bible does not teach. I discovered a lot of "biblical Christianity" is merely Greek (and other mythology) in disguise.

Jesus taught of eternal punishment (not Greek mythology);  Read Matt 25:46 - Then they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.  and Matt 25:30 - And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.  and Matt 13:49b,50 - The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous and throw them (the wicked) into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.  This is total separation from God.  Rev 20:10 - And the devil, who deceived them was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown.  They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.  Eternal punishment.  Rev 20: 14,15 - Then death and hades were thrown into the lake of fire.  The lake of fire is the second death.  If anyones name was not found written in the Lamb's Book of Life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

If you do not believe in the immortal soul,  Then Christ is not immortal, He did not resurrect from the dead.  And we are still in our sins.  Rev 21:6 - I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.  1 Cor 15:53 - For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.  v54 - When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true;  Death has been swallowed up in victory.  v49 - And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven.

I Accept this, not what you beleive; For what you believe is not based on Scripture, but is against the teaching of Jesus Christ.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Have you made ANY plans?

Matthew 6:34

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

First, I'm not pretribber, I'm pre-wrath. However, How many times and in how many parables ( like Luke 12:17-20) and verses like the one above did Jesus tell us not to make plans for the future, since we don't know what the future holds. Instead we are to walk in faith in him and obedience to his word. It seems your entire question is against what scripture teaches. How about the verses that say we are not to set our sights on things on this earth but on things above? Lastly how is this post fulfilling the instruction in Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works.

Considering the verses I posted I end this with a simple question. Does your question to pre-tribbers provoke unto love and good works or just provoke?

Firestormx

Joseph

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

What difference when someone goes, be it pre, mid, post or ana?  Your confusing me as why just pre?  We all will leave people and pets behind.  What is the purpose of a thread like this anyway?

That's been my point. The Op does not want to speak about the here and now, just about thirsty pets....

I for one am thirsty right now...(as it should be)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Matthew 6

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.