0username0

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I just wanted to take a moment to fill potential respondents in on something.  I have been sweating this conjecture for 20 years straight, I have checked all the nooks and crannies.  Every point raised thus far is something I've already pondered when trying to figure out whether a being can be omniscient.  Twenty years, and I'm super smart, twenty years of super-smart on the same problem is going to be difficult to stump as you consider your responses.  I am a world expert on this conjecture.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seems right to a man, but the end of it is the ways of death.

1 Corinthians 1
19 For it is written, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and I will set aside the understanding of the perceiving ones."
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the lawyer of this world? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world by wisdom did not know God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save those who believe.
22 For the Jews ask for a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom;
23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block, and to the Greeks foolishness.
24 But to them, the called-out ones, both Jews and Greeks, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolish thing of God is wiser than men, and the weak thing of God is stronger than men.
26 For you see your calling, brothers, that not many wise men according to the flesh are called , not many mighty, not many noble.
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 and God has chosen the base things of the world, and things which are despised, and things which are not, in order to bring to nothing things that are;
29 so that no flesh should glory in His presence.
30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who of God is made to us wisdom and righteousness and sanctification and redemption;
31 so that, according as it is written, "He who glories, let him glory in the Lord."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

The problem is that this theory (or personal proof) is based out of a "human" mind. You're a very clever human being though, I have to admit that.

The human mind is similar to a computer program, it only knows what it needs to know and the rest is controlled by a higher power.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

I think you have mistaken our earthly knowledge as being able to understand God.  If our greatest Scientist can't tell me where the Universe begins and ends, or whether it is infinite, how can we as humans hope to understand the ALMIGHTY GOD, who has no beginning nor end.

Thank you for the responses and let's move on having taken them into consideration.

Let's not use pi, or rather any irrational number that repeats infinitely, lets just use the plain old whole numbers 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13.... etc...

It is impossible to count all of these numbers, because, again, they never end.  There is no "highest one".  

What if the only number that exist in God's dimension is 0? No beginning and no end just the now. We as humans need numbers to be able to have a perception of time in order to be mortal. Time is what ages us and we are limited to 120 years of life in order to keep a population balance on Earth. It would be interesting for you to do the math of what the population amount would be right now if our age limit was 500 years for the last 1000 years.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hello fellow posters,

can anyone name a Bibleverse telling us that God is omniscient?

Please try and find one and name it - for reasons of simplicity: could you please give just *one* verse telling us that God indeed knew everything?

Thanks

Thomas

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

Hello fellow posters,

Please try and find one and name it - for reasons of simplicity: could you please give just *one* verse telling us that God indeed knew everything?

Thanks

Thomas

That is not the way the Bible or Theology works.  God does not use a single verse to tell us things, that would be a weak way that offers no support.  Theological concepts are composed of multiple passage all supporting one another not unlike the steel girders in a bridge.

People who ask for a single verse proving something from the Bible either do not understand the Bible or the know it can be done and that is why they ask.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I also wanted to add one more point about the transcendence argument, which is that, for my second argument someone already said that God transcends being everything, well, no!  If there is a transcendence of everything than that becomes part of what everything is.  That's why it's called "ALL".  If a being is ALL, then there is nothing outside of that all.  Without anything outside of that all it is impossible to discern something outside of that all with which to discern the all, the perception of other and self reaches an error at critical mass.  It is impossible to be sentient and be everything at the same time.

No....it's impossible for YOU to do that.  Do you not get the fact that God is not subject to natural laws which apply to us?  Why are you going on and on about the impossibility of something you don't understand?  You have proved nothing but that  you are like so many others before; you think you know what you cannot know.  He's God, you're not.  :mgbowtie: 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Hello fellow posters,

Thanks

Thomas

Welcome back Thomas T. Haven't seen you in a while. :)

One Bible verse? Okay. I suppose we can start there. :thumbsup:

1 John 3:19-20

19 By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before Him; 20 for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and He knows everything.

There are others...

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Further though...

God’s understanding is beyond measure.

Psalm 147:4-5
4 He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names. 5 Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure.

There is none like God.

Isaiah 46:9-10

for I am God, and there is no other;
    I am God, and there is none like me,
10 declaring the end from the beginning
    and from ancient times things not yet done,

saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
    and I will accomplish all my purpose,’

God’s knowledge is perfect.

Job 37:16

16 Do you know the balancing of the clouds,
    the wondrous works of Him who is perfect in knowledge,

God knows what we’re going to say before we even say it. (1 Sam. 16:7; 1 Chron. 28:9; Psa. 139:1-6; Jer. 17:10; Heb. 4:12-13)

God knows even what’s going to happen in the future (Isa. 41:21-24; 42:9; 44:7).

God bless,

GE