IGNORED

If money were no object, what selfish thing(s) would you do?

For myself, I think I would have a custom home built, with picture window that looked something like this:

http://youtu.be/iu6xIdAdJwo

maybe a motorhome/houseboat combination

maxresdefault.jpg

(it separates), so I can take my wife on short vacations to Lake Powell:

http://youtu.be/QN23VU0QbXc

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

7880_Big_Pirate_Ship.jpg

but of course I would need a small boat for grocery runs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9caauujMkiA&feature=share&list=PL5D925C926316071F

On the way home from lake powell, helicopter in to this place for some relaxing camping:

http://youtu.be/PYs5zyM9zk8

oh hippie. you like squareriggers? let me see if I can find my favorite square rigger . . .

here it is:

my computer is malfuntioning - well the internet is, I have been trying to get post #1 working for hours, but no luck, anyway. my favorite square rigger, the maltese falcon:

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=938&q=maltese+falcon+square+rigger&oq=maltese+falcon+square+rigger&gs_l=img.12...3124.3124.0.5045.1.1.0.0.0.0.97.97.1.1.0....0...1ac.1.21.img.W9J9LHf6dS4

and finally go back to the coast to hop in my luxury submarine (you can google them) or maybe something like this little yacht:

http://youtu.be/vbucJO3zDCE

for the voyage back to my reef/picture window home.

as nice and as fun as that might be, I am content for now with my $115 a month income, and can wait for the day when

"THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM."

I find that verse interesting, since things have entered my mind (the heart of man?) such as being able to tour the universe at 10,000 times the speed of light just flying through space (no spaceship - superman style) just to go sightseeing. The universe is a big place, so that might not be fast enough, but you get the idea.

So, is there anything selfish you would do with billions at your disposal, or are you to spiritual to think like that?

OKAY. Everything up to this point, I intended in the OP, I am done now!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I would have to be a totally different person than I am.I would not do anything selfish at this point in my life.

interesting bopeep! So you are saying, it a Billionaire said "here, have a billion dollars, but under the condition that you spend it selfishly on yourself", you would decline? 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

interesting bopeep! So you are saying, it a Billionaire said "here, have a billion dollars, but under the condition that you spend it selfishly on yourself", you would decline? 

Does all one billion of it have to be spent selfishly or can you just squander a few million selfishly then use the rest for something unselfish? I would imagine that it would be virtually impossible to spend one billion selfishly. Surely something good must come out of it. The only way to spend one billion selfishly would be to spend it on something evil and as a Christian I would not want to do that.

Even if you spent one billion entirely on your self, your friends and family would benefit from it because of the excessive amount of generosity that you would have as a result of your money.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

2066e56dc170183796e25e19adfef7dc.jpg

9f30046f2226aedbd420502274268e70.jpg

cf003d4636304e749a7e2e21b849d72a.jpg

dd7a5524579186a2dd41d7424ae48b78.jpg

78038ebbcce94ac490e2a3fc7c847282.jpg

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I can honestly say that I would refuse the money on those conditions.It would not be God's will for me.Selfish is not in God's vocabulary.I know several people who are struggling financially so why spend it on myself?I can honestly say that I would take a little for myself to pay off some of my debts.That would be a fraction of alot of money.I am speculating that you are talking in the millions.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting. I can't think of anything I would want to spend it on either. What is very interesting about this is that today this is kind of relevant to me. Pretty soon, in a few months, I will be getting over $10,000. But I haven't really given it much thought today about what to spend it on. I think I am going to pay a few months worth of rent, use some for a trip to Michigan next year to visit my new in-laws, and save some for baby needs. Me and my soon-to-be husband are wanting to add to our family as soon as we get married.

I don't really have any strong desire to spend a load of money on boats, cars or houses. I would like to get a house for our family someday and not have to pay rent anymore...but that takes time.

God bless!