• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

will the little things keep us out of heaven?

some things on this list may not be little to you but it will be to others 

examples:

hair coloring

wearing gold

having a beer or two at home or friends house

go into bar for a beer or two

cuss word slip

cuss often

gamble

lie,sometime

believe in Jesus, confused about whats in the bible

divorce

shaved head cause you like it

really short hair on a woman

long hair on a man

women preachers

and the big one

hairspray

just to name a few I am curious what you think

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

John 6:40

"For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

Mark 16:16

"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Romans 6:23

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Will the little things keep you out of heaven? NO, if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, which is the only way to have eternal life.

The above verses (there are more than just those in the Bible) do not place any conditions on eternal life.

John 3:16 and the others do not say you will have eternal life unless you shave your head, dye your hair, have green eyes, have red hair, use hairspray, drive a white car, etc.

God knows His children will slip up. He still loves us when we do and will not take away our promise of eternal life because we do slip up. And he certainly won't take it away because I may not have long hair.

Also, keep in mind that what some consider a sin, others may not. Example: that beer. A lot of Christians will say that any form of alcohol is forbidden and you sin when you drink it. Others will point out the Bible says only that one should not drink to excess.

At this point I will say that I know there are many verses that one can use to justify his/her position on drinking. I am simply pointing out what people say about it. I do not wish to get into a debate about alcohol consumption.

There are some who believe drinking coffee is a sin. I am not one of them.

Edited by Kali_Ko_Kat

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

According to my bible those things dont keep you out of heaven. 

John 3

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

John 6:40

"For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

Mark 16:16

"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Romans 6:23

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Will the little things keep you out of heaven? NO, if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, which is the only way to have eternal life.

The above verses (there are more than just those in the Bible) do not place any conditions on eternal life.

John 3:16 and the others do not say you will have eternal life unless you shave your head, dye your hair, have green eyes, have red hair, use hairspray, drive a white car, etc.

God knows His children will slip up. He still loves us when we do and will not take away our promise of eternal life because we do slip up. And he certainly won't take it away because I may not have long hair.

Also, keep in mind that what some consider a sin, others may not. Example: that beer. A lot of Christians will say that any form of alcohol is forbidden and you sin when you drink it. Others will point out the Bible says only that one should not drink to excess.

At this point I will say that I know there are many verses that one can use to justify his/her position on drinking. I am simply pointing out what people say about it. I do not wish to get into a debate about alcohol consumption.

There are some who believe drinking coffee is a sin. I am not one of them.

I have read those verses you quoted many many times. It sounds like you are saying some things written in the bible is not important to follow. I am not trying to words in you mouth. why would these things be addressed in the bible if it is of no consequence?

John 3

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

so is it possible to believe in Jesus Christ and be baptized not put off the old man and go to heaven? it sounds if it is?

Feel free to show me the verse that says that using hairspray keeps someone out of heaven.

John 3

so is it possible to believe in Jesus Christ and be baptized not put off the old man and go to heaven? it sounds if it is?

Feel free to show me that everything on your list of things are sins. Hairspray? Really? A man cant shave his head? Really? If they are a sin to you, fine, dont do them. 

Do you have to be sinless to get into heaven? Feel free to show me that verse too.

Feel free to show me the verse that says that using hairspray keeps someone out of heaven.

As you know hairspray is not in the bible, it could be considered part of the concept of outward adornment which is addressed in the bible. 1 Peter 3:3

Please, remember I did not accused anyone of anything I have made a list of things and ask a question about the items on the list.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

As you know hairspray is not in the bible, it could be considered part of the concept of outward adornment which is addressed in the bible. 1 Peter 3:3

Please, remember I did not accused anyone of anything I have made a list of things and ask a question about the items on the list.

Forget the list and concentrate on loving people. The rest will fall into place.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

if having an occasional beer, sends me to hell I guess Im screwed then huh....its a good thing the Bible says in ephesians 2:8-9 for by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.