IGNORED

Who grows a vegetable garden and what do you grow?

angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Do you grow your own vegetables and what do you like to grow the best?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

I have strawberry plants, watermelon, cantelope, and honeydue ...........broccoli, asparagus, onions, brusselsprouts, sugar snap peas, string beans, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, cherry peppers, habanero peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, egg plant, green and yellow zucchini.......and I have another smaller garden w/ tomatoes and herbs........I also have concord, catawba, and Niagara grapes, blueberries, cranberries, cherry, elderberry, apple, and mulberry trees, black raspberries, and black berries. The strawberries, onions, peas, beans, cherries, black raspberries and mulberries are done for the season.....the blueberries and black berries are almost done - the rest is growing and growing......I have been making several zucchini casseroles and I have made 4 zucchini breads so far. We are getting sick of zucchini...LOL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Yummy you guys.This is the best stuff.I do not have one but I can remember my mom's.It just does not taste the same as you get in the grocery store.I remember that gardens are alot of work.

I have strawberry plants, watermelon, cantelope, and honeydue ...........broccoli, asparagus, onions, brusselsprouts, sugar snap peas, string beans, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, cherry peppers, habanero peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, egg plant, green and yellow zucchini.......and I have another smaller garden w/ tomatoes and herbs........I also have concord, catawba, and Niagara grapes, blueberries, cranberries, cherry, elderberry, apple, and mulberry trees, black raspberries, and black berries. The strawberries, onions, peas, beans, cherries, black raspberries and mulberries are done for the season.....the blueberries and black berries are almost done - the rest is growing and growing......I have been making several zucchini casseroles and I have made 4 zucchini breads so far. We are getting sick of zucchini...LOL

Wow,how many people are helping you?Your garden sounds amazing!!!

Last year we had too many different vegetables,couldn't keep up with the work,I still have tons of tomatoes in the freezer, now I wish I  dried more  in the oven:)or dehydrater. They taste really good that way.

This year we have beets , 4 different kind of  beans,swissyard,herbs,koolrabi, lettuce,spinach,peppers,snow peas  and my husband is also growing a lot of flowers for my daughters wedding:)

What is concerd catawba? I never heard of that before?

Yummy you guys.This is the best stuff.I do not have one but I can remember my mom's.It just does not taste the same as you get in the grocery store.I remember that gardens are alot of work.

There are wonderful but you're right, they are a lot of work and it's really my daughter and husband who are doing all the work, I can't really do it because of back problems:(

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I currently have cucumbers and beans but my strawberries are overrun by weeds.  I have a love for gardening but have been so conflicted in my self that I have not been able to pursue my interests in life.  I have 2 1/2 acres and would love to simply spend my time and energy forming every little nook and cranny into marvelous breath taking garden space.

If I were one of those crazy rich billionaire type people, I would like to build a super sized 5 - 10 acre terrarium dome type living spaces where the atmosphere is kept perfect all year around and all I do is live in my own personal paradise.  But that is another story all together :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

We grow many veggies, although I will admit this year that I haven't been in the garden much.  I boycotted the weeding when my husband proceeded to plant 40 (yes 40) tomato plants!!!

I get 1 day off a week and can see canning taking up all that time.......probably even with several night shifts put in there.

I'm also thinking about trying my hand at freezing some of the veggies too.  I usually always can them....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

we jar and freeze the veggies we don't eat and to tell you the truth we don't make it till next growing season.....we do give some away and I make a lot of zucchini bread. concord, niagara and catawba are types of grapes - native here in PA. The concord is the purple, Niagara is white, and catawba is pink.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

we jar and freeze the veggies we don't eat and to tell you the truth we don't make it till next growing season.....we do give some away and I make a lot of zucchini bread. concord, niagara and catawba are types of grapes - native here in PA. The concord is the purple, Niagara is white, and catawba is pink.

I used to help my mom when I was a kid to can peaches,pears and she would make pickles.I can tell you it is alot of work.It was really nice to go out to the "cupboard" all winter long to get these yummy jars out for our dinner.

I currently have cucumbers and beans but my strawberries are overrun by weeds.  I have a love for gardening but have been so conflicted in my self that I have not been able to pursue my interests in life.  I have 2 1/2 acres and would love to simply spend my time and energy forming every little nook and cranny into marvelous breath taking garden space.

If I were one of those crazy rich billionaire type people, I would like to build a super sized 5 - 10 acre terrarium dome type living spaces where the atmosphere is kept perfect all year around and all I do is live in my own personal paradise.  But that is another story all together :)

Someday you have your own paradise:)  Is there anything somebody here on WB who  might be able to help you with?

Cucumbers and beans are 2 of my favorite   veggies to eat,cucumber sandwiches or a  big piece like you would eat an apple!  Strawberries are good  too...I know weeding those strawberry paths can be a pain---been there! That's probably why we don't have strawberries anymore.

Can you not grow blueberries on your land?