IGNORED

Is it true that God won't give us more than we can handle?

FreeinChrist

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

You mean that their are consequences to our actions?

Throw a rock in the water, it's gonna get wet.  ;)

I am sorry to be so ignorant but explain to me what you mean by that? :hmmm:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Yes,He promises us this.

where does He promise us this, this a one of those sounds good but simply is not scriptural, they get get from:

1Co_10:13

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Which is dealing with temptation only. look at it this way, we should say that He won't put anything on us that He can't get us through. THis way when we get through it we give Him the  Glory.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Yes,He promises us this.

where does He promise us this, this a one of those sounds good but simply is not scriptural, they get get from:

1Co_10:13

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Which is dealing with temptation only. look at it this way, we should say that He won't put anything on us that He can't get us through. THis way when we get through it we give Him the  Glory.

Thank you, His_disciple3, that is how I understood this passage, yet it seems to always be throw out at those who are hurting, when we read it in context it seems to be promising God will not permit us to be tempted above we are able with sin, but has nothing to do with suffering.

Edited by 19Duggarfan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

It is true that the Lord will never put a burden upon us greater than He knows we can bear.

I just wish He didn't have so much confidence in me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

We will all pass through the fire of God's testing

1 Cor 3:13-15
13 each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire;

and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone's work which he has built on it

endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself

will be saved, yet so as through fire.
NKJV

One thing about fire nobody willing wants to endure it! It is incredible that some are not life observant 

enough to see the trials of others- horrid, frightening, terrible beyond description and not know that only 

that born of God can pass through such with increase toward Godliness that is already there!  Love, Steven

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/13/1974

I know when you are going through tough times people quoting scripture does not seem adequate even though we know these are the very words that give us life and truth. I have been tempted much and have not always passed the test despite my efforts. I must say though, God is forgiving and was with me the whole time. He does understand our weaknesses. I have suffered greatly and will suffer much more, though my suffering fails in comparison to many others. Sometimes when we are suffering it seems to feel like when Jesus was dying on the cross and cried out, "Why have You forsaken Me?". Sometimes it is not until after the pain that we can clearly see and know that Jesus was indeed with us.

I think it helps sometimes to read the stories in the bible and to try to comprehend what they went through and their accomplishments, failures and suffering. Remember in the midst of suffering Job cried out to God but just could not understand? There is a reason for every suffering and every failure even though we may never know that reasoning here. You may never know how many people may be lead to Christ by your endurance in faith through suffering.

God has never told us He will always give us the answers we are looking for but He did say and is always with us even up to the point and through death. Reading the stories of suffering Christians are so inspiring. Reading the results bring tears to the eyes because it is then we know God was and is there continually.

Be strong, keep the faith, ask forgiveness when needed, and He will show Himself truthful and faithful in the end. Remember we are called to suffer in this life. Also remember Gods promises even when we can not sense His presence. It is by this faith He rewards us greatly and trains us and gives us the ability and always and forever to live on His promises alone. Please seek help from your local Christ family as sometimes our internet family cannot give us the same personal help and touch in the way that we need. These are why we are called family, to help others in time of need and to help others see the eyes of Jesus Christ during their most painful time of suffering. Also remember time heals many things.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Be assured GOD knows exactly where you are at spiritually,emotionally, and physically. The more painful it gets the more you have to trust. He has a purpose.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Amen .  No matter how many trials we go through God will always see us through, if we just keep the faith and trust and him and truly give are burdens over to him, he will carry them and always see us through.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/20/1987

God is faithful, even if we do not always understand why we are put through trials and really hard situations. I am lifting you up in prayer to our awesome God, to whom we have been reconciled by the blood of Jesus Christ. Use this as an opportunity to grow closer to the Lord in prayer, and know that when it's all over, you will come out stronger on the other side.  God loves you very much, and is the only One worthy of our trust. 

Rom 8:16  The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 
Rom 8:17  and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together. 
Rom 8:18  For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us
Rom 8:19  For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 
Rom 8:20  For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 
Rom 8:21  because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 
Rom 8:22  For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now
Rom 8:23  Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 
Rom 8:24  For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 
Rom 8:25  But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. 
Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27  Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. 
Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose
Rom 8:29  For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 
Rom 8:30  Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. 
Rom 8:31  What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Rom 8:32  He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 
Rom 8:33  Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 
Rom 8:34  Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 
Rom 8:35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Rom 8:36  As it is written: "FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE KILLED ALL DAY LONG; WE ARE ACCOUNTED AS SHEEP FOR THE SLAUGHTER." 
Rom 8:37  Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 
Rom 8:38  For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 
Rom 8:39  nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

1Pe 2:21  For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps: 
1Pe 2:22  "WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH"; 
1Pe 2:23  who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously; 
1Pe 2:24  who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.

Php 1:29  For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake

Amen .  No matter how many trials we go through God will always see us through, if we just keep the faith and trust and him and truly give are burdens over to him, he will carry them and always see us through.

Welcome~!