IGNORED

What do you think about breastfeeding? Cover or no cover?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

You missed my point. I gave a specific verse that says eating anything is wrong if it causes someone to stumble. Therefore, if a woman breastfeeding her child, breast or breasts exposed as the baby eats it's food causes problems for a believer, then it is wrong. Show me a verse that specifically says a woman has to wear anything to hide or cover the shape of her breasts. The only thing I know of, is verses that talk about people dressing modestly.  

you are correct, I did misunderstand you.  I apologize.

So, the baby is sinning by allowing people to be tempted by its eating, since it is eating and not the mother.

that is a new one, that is for sure. 

well it has been a pleasure,  enjoy your night, there is really nothing else that can be said after a post like this

It's the mother that's sinning, clearly. the baby has no choice.

now you are twisting the verse.  it does not mention the one serving the food, just the one eating it. 

You will have to provide additional verses if you wish to blame the mother, this verse clearly does not mention the one serving the food.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

You missed my point. I gave a specific verse that says eating anything is wrong if it causes someone to stumble. Therefore, if a woman breastfeeding her child, breast or breasts exposed as the baby eats it's food causes problems for a believer, then it is wrong. Show me a verse that specifically says a woman has to wear anything to hide or cover the shape of her breasts. The only thing I know of, is verses that talk about people dressing modestly.  

you are correct, I did misunderstand you.  I apologize.

So, the baby is sinning by allowing people to be tempted by its eating, since it is eating and not the mother.

well it has been a pleasure,  enjoy your night, there is really nothing else that can be said after a post like this

now you are twisting the verse.  it does not mention the one serving the food, just the one eating it. 

You will have to provide additional verses if you wish to blame the mother, this verse clearly does not mention the one serving the food.

GoldenEagle is right. I need to step away from this thread. I will pray for you. I had no idea there were Christians who believed women should be allowed to expose there nude breasts in public, and not just expose. If anyone dared say it is wrong than they are the evil one. I give up. I will never ever in my life tell a women it's ok with God to expose there naked breasts.  

I will pray for you

You missed my point. I gave a specific verse that says eating anything is wrong if it causes someone to stumble. Therefore, if a woman breastfeeding her child, breast or breasts exposed as the baby eats it's food causes problems for a believer, then it is wrong. Show me a verse that specifically says a woman has to wear anything to hide or cover the shape of her breasts. The only thing I know of, is verses that talk about people dressing modestly.

you are correct, I did misunderstand you. I apologize.

well it has been a pleasure, enjoy your night, there is really nothing else that can be said after a post like this

now you are twisting the verse. it does not mention the one serving the food, just the one eating it.

GoldenEagle is right. I need to step away from this thread. I will pray for you. I had no idea there were Christians who believed women should be allowed to expose there nude breasts in public, and not just expose. If anyone dared say it is wrong than they are the evil one. I give up. I will never ever in my life tell a women it's ok with God to expose there naked breasts.

I will pray for you

Now i am confused. you just said this is about eating.

So which is it?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

o

GE,

I don't understand how you can't see or understand how this can be a problem for some people. Especially the unsaved.

Why would it be a problem for "especially the unsaved"?

I know plenty of unsaved men and women it would not be a problem for and it would not cause them to stumble. And I know many Christians who do find it to be a problem who may stumble. One would hope they would not but being human it is a possibility.

Everyone, whether saved or not, is subject to whatever problems it may cause.

Depending on the position of the baby sometimes not all the breast is exposed.

I see more exposed from the low cut tops and dresses women wear-the kind where it looks like "the girls" will pop out of it. I'd much rather see a nursing mother than what I see on some women walking around the grocery store, mall, WalMart or sitting at the table next to me in a restaurant. Those are the tops which make you think "the girls" will pop out of the top. With these women you see both of them, not just a portion of one. THAT can be a big stumbling block, especially for men who focus only on that.

Some people equate breastfeeding with something dirty or shameful when it is not either of those things.

Edited by Kali_Ko_Kat

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

You missed my point. I gave a specific verse that says eating anything is wrong if it causes someone to stumble. Therefore, if a woman breastfeeding her child, breast or breasts exposed as the baby eats it's food causes problems for a believer, then it is wrong. Show me a verse that specifically says a woman has to wear anything to hide or cover the shape of her breasts. The only thing I know of, is verses that talk about people dressing modestly.

well it has been a pleasure, enjoy your night, there is really nothing else that can be said after a post like this

now you are twisting the verse. it does not mention the one serving the food, just the one eating it.

GoldenEagle is right. I need to step away from this thread. I will pray for you. I had no idea there were Christians who believed women should be allowed to expose there nude breasts in public, and not just expose. If anyone dared say it is wrong than they are the evil one. I give up. I will never ever in my life tell a women it's ok with God to expose there naked breasts.

I will pray for you

So which is it?

A nude and exposed breast is a nude and exposed breast. I don't care if she using them for breastfeeding or as balloons. No Christian woman should put her nude breasts on display no matter what she does with them. Now I'm done. Respond if you want. I will not respond again. You have severely offended me your doctrine of women can expose there breasts and there is nothing wrong with it doctrine.   That's how I understand what you have said. You have made no attempt to correct this, and respond like you could care less about the portrayal you have given.

GE,

I don't understand how you can't see or understand how this can be a problem for some people. Especially the unsaved.

I know plenty of unsaved men and women it would not be a problem for and it would not cause them to stumble. And I know many Christians who do find it to be a problem who may stumble. One would hope they would not but being human it is a possibility.

Everyone, whether saved or not, is subject to whatever problems it may cause.

When a baby nurses, his/her face is smashed up against the breast. The whole breast is not exposed. It is not total nudity.

I see more exposed from the low cut tops and dresses women wear-the kind where it looks like "the girls" will pop out of it. I'd much rather see a nursing mother and only part exposed than what I see on some women walking around the grocery store, mall, WalMart or sitting at the table next to me in a restaurant. Those are the tops which make you think "the girls" will pop out of the top. With these women you see both of them, not just a portion of one. THAT can be a big stumbling block, especially for men who focus only on that.

Some people equate breastfeeding with something dirty or shameful when it is not either of those things.

Since I haven't seen a post of yours, I will respond to your question. That's what I would want someone to do for me. I believe it is a problem for the unsaved because of "possibly giving a bad witness ". That they believe nothing is wrong with exposing there nude body.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Since I haven't seen a post of yours, I will respond to your question. That's what I would want someone to do for me. I believe it is a problem for the unsaved because of "possibly giving a bad witness ". That they believe nothing is wrong with exposing there nude body.

Thank you for clarifying what you meant.

One breast exposed is not nude. NUDE is the whole body being unclothed, exposing the full body. In other words completely naked, in your birthday suit.

You are of course free to define nude however you want.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

If I were dining in a restaurant and a lady next to me was nursing her baby with her breasts exposed and the baby slurping away I would lose my appetite.

Would a baby slurping on a bottle have the same effect?

Bring on the bottle.Put away or cover the boob thankyouverymuch. :crazy:

If I were dining in a restaurant and a lady next to me was nursing her baby with her breasts exposed and the baby slurping away I would lose my appetite.

I really don't get the issue.  it is one of the most natural things to happen, it is how God intended for things to be.

I will pray for you

So which is it?

A nude and exposed breast is a nude and exposed breast. I don't care if she using them for breastfeeding or as balloons. No Christian woman should put her nude breasts on display no matter what she does with them. Now I'm done. Respond if you want. I will not respond again. You have severely offended me your doctrine of women can expose there breasts and there is nothing wrong with it doctrine.   That's how I understand what you have said. You have made no attempt to correct this, and respond like you could care less about the portrayal you have given.

you are a confusing person.  you keep going back and forth between a nude breast and eating.   So, what is the issue, is it the baby eating or the nude breast?

and nobody is advocating wonton exposure of nude breast, we are discussing one of the most natural action in all of creation, that of a mother feeding her child. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

I really don't get the issue.  it is one of the most natural things to happen, it is how God intended for things to be.

Maybe in different cultures of the world but not here.