• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings Worthy Family

Thank you for posting that beautiful poem,I have never heard it.....or at least I don't remember,but I think it would not be forgotten if I had....

This has been a very encouraging thread,to say the least...................praise and glory to the Father ,the Son and the Holy Spirit!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

It's an old hymn of those who have gone before us sister. :thumbsup:

I do enjoy newer music. But sometimes going back a hundred years or more does well to the soul. :)

It Is Well With My Soul - 1873

by: Horatio Spafford

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,

When sorrows like sea billows roll;

Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,

It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Refrain

It is well, with my soul,

It is well, with my soul,

It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,

Let this blest assurance control,

That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,

And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

Refrain

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!

My sin, not in part but the whole,

Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,

Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

Refrain

For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:

If Jordan above me shall roll,

No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life

Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.

Refrain

But, Lord, ‘tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,

The sky, not the grave, is our goal;

Oh trump of the angel! Oh voice of the Lord!

Blessèd hope, blessèd rest of my soul!

Refrain

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,

The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;

The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,

Even so, it is well with my soul.

Refrain

Note: In 1873, Horatio Spafford wrote the words to the hymn "It is Well with My Soul" after the tragic death of his four daughters. (He wrote it on the ocean while sailing near the

spot where his daughters died.)Very moving.

Hear it here:

God bless,

GE

Thank You for blessing us with the Words to these two hymns! O i really appreciate it!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/31/1983

I always believe that Trust only on God

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Thank you! Encouragement!

Guest Thallasa

This is a very interesting point ,as one of the boastful arguments for atheists, is that only 'poor' people in poor countries believe in God

and when they become richer and better educated they have no longe need of this primitive idea called 'God' . It is unfortunately

leading many young people especially at university to deny God's existence entirely . 

When the time comes soon, they are going to be in for a terrible shock ,and there will be much 'gnashing of teeth',and so on. :biggrin2: 

This is a very interesting point ,as one of the boastful arguments for atheists, is that only 'poor' people in poor countries believe in God

and when they become richer and better educated they have no longe need of this primitive idea called 'God' . It is unfortunately

leading many young people especially at university to deny God's existence entirely . 

When the time comes soon, they are going to be in for a terrible shock ,and there will be much 'gnashing of teeth',and so on. :biggrin2:

:thumbsup:

Now

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep. Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets. Luke 6:24-26

And Later

And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.  Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets. Luke 6:20-23

Guest Fish Catcher Jim

Yea but those who you refer to as in for a terrible shock are the ones God is counting on YOU and me and the rest of His body to bring to Christ......

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13

Thanks, this really encourages me. It reminds me that God is good all the time. God bless you all

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

You have no idea how this have lifted me.  Thank you so much my brother. People look at me in a strange way when we have thunderstorm and I tell them  that I love them. The louder the thunder the more raging the storm, it reminds me of no matter  how out of control things get in this life, God is still in control.  When your full of fear there is no room for faith  I have to remind myself of that all the time.  I really do believe that even in the most violent of storms God is here with us and still will be on the other side to greet us, when the storm is passed. 

Because He Lives!!     

RustyangeL

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4

Trust and Obey.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Trust God even if you have no idea what is going on. I must remind my self of that daily.

Because when we know that we know He will get us through to the other side, well trusting Him in it is the only way to go.

Another reason is

Because when we know that we know He will get us through to the other side, well trusting Him in it is the only way to go.

Romans 8:28-And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for .... and false teachers: allthingsgood and bad: all good things, outward peace and .... called you to live in the grace of Christ and areturning to a different gospel--