• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Do you believe apostasy is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Do you believe apostasy is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

Who is this question addressed to?

It was for Kwik but anyone can chime in

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

It should be considered that a person who is apostate would think nothing of blaspheming God. If they considered anything they would say to be blasphemy, then they still have a sensitivity to Holy Spirit and are not completely reprobate.

Edited by Floatingaxe
Edits in purple

Perhaps I'm not to that point! Hope I never am.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I doubt that people who are truly apostate would even care if they had blasphemed the Holy Spirit, their hearts would be so hard. In the passage where Jesus talks about it. in Matt. 12:31, the pharasees had scorned Jesus and had said that He had cast out a demon by the power of Satan. The exorcism had been done instead by the power of the Holy Spirit, a good, loving, kind and pure Spirit Who is incapable of evil because He is the antithesis of evil. Just cussing, while it is not good, is not the same thing. Being angry at God is not the same thing. God understands our temper tantrums and our moments of extreme grief when we say things we regret. A bruised reed He will not break. He will always wecome a repentant prodigal.

I would think that a person who has blasphemed the Holy Spirit would first have to recognize the Holy Spirit for Who He is, and second have to scorn Him and reject Him because he is so repulsed by anything good and pure. Matt.3:20 says these people do not come to the light because of fear that the deeds of their evil life style would be exposed.

Yes. I do know of a well known apostate who I hardly imagine would blaspheme. Bart Ehrman is a very sensitive and gracious former believer. Nothing I've read by him is what I would consider blasphemy. I don't think doubting or questioning counts. God too, is gracious.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Yes. I do know of a well known apostate who I hardly imagine would blaspheme. Bart Ehrman is a very sensitive and gracious former believer. Nothing I've read by him is what I would consider blasphemy. I don't think doubting or questioning counts. God too, is gracious.

I would suppose this would be of a certain point of view ... yet coming from God Who has claimed The Holy Scriptures as His communicate to us 

and has Stated within that communication-

Ex 3:14

14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

KJV

thus from God's Personal point of view it would  be calling Him a Liar and if that's not blasphemous I would not know what is... Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3

Jesus promised, “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee– so I believe OSAS is proved true.

The Lord Jesus Christ promised the saved that He will never leave them.

Hebrews 13:5

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

So the saved could never go to hell. If they did, Jesus Christ would still be with them and would be in hell forever. That emphatic and absolute promise, without condition, shows that once saved always saved is true.

Also if the saved could lose salvation and go to hell forever, then Jesus Christ would certainly have forsaken them. So it is impossible fro the saved to lose salvation.  Never, ever could it happen.

Eternal Security or Once Saved Always Saved is absolutely true and guaranteed by Jesus Christ my Saviour.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Jesus promised, “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee– so I believe OSAS is proved true.

The Lord Jesus Christ promised the saved that He will never leave them.

Hebrews 13:5

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

So the saved could never go to hell. If they did, Jesus Christ would still be with them and would be in hell forever. That emphatic and absolute promise, without condition, shows that once saved always saved is true.

Also if the saved could lose salvation and go to hell forever, then Jesus Christ would certainly have forsaken them. So it is impossible fro the saved to lose salvation.  Never, ever could it happen.

Eternal Security or Once Saved Always Saved is absolutely true and guaranteed by Jesus Christ my Saviour.

The problem lies with those who have said the prayer of repentance, but not really meaning it.  They show no fruit, but believe themselves to be saved simply because they have said a few words.  Your heart has to be involved in this transaction, not just your head.  By their fruits you will know them. Works and faith go hand in hand to someone who is really saved.  The Lord puts the works on your heart...but FAITH is the beginning, the foundation of it all.

It's like if you apply for a job, and get it...but refuse to do what the boss asks of you...what will become of that?  

We have to be careful to keep the balance of how faith and works go together.