• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting and good.

I imagine you know I believe God used William Branham. He talks a lot about his encounters with the angel. On one occation he asked if he could wake his son Bill Paul to see. He was granted permission and Billy Paul tells how that now he can identify that presents.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

In America Rochester's university has been made scientific studies and analysis led by Professor Miron Zuckerman, which claims that religious people are less intelligent than non-believers. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology Review published a summary for this scientific study. When I researched this study, so on my mind arose many thoughts that prove this scientific study as the provocation of atheism in which they show their contempt to the certain group of the people. On my writing, I also bring out some thoughts about the article of Knoxnews.

The whole article is in my site: http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/religiouspeopleandatheists.html

There are a couple reasons for this.  One is that people who are more intelligent are more likely to become unbelievers altogether. If less intelligent people want to leave the faith or don't convert to it they are more likely to be joining other religious groups. Why is this? It could merely be a cultural artefact, atheism/skepticism/agnosticism in part sells itself as an intellectual exercise. That effect could be bolstered by the fact that certain institutions (such as the scientific community) tend to cultivate unbelief. It may be that certain styles of intelligence  make it harder to have faith. They also make it harder for people who are less intellectually inclined to feel welcome in that community.

I think there is a real correlation there, but so what? That doesn't mean there aren't extremely intelligent believers out there, but there is a larger mix of people in the believing community, which is what you'd expect.The ultimate point in my mind though is that none of this has any bearing on what the truth actually is.

Edited by alphaparticle

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Whether the research was valid or faulty, their interpretation was lousy.

By academic standards, I am considered very intelligent. However, on the scale of practical know-how, common sense, I tend to be on the low side. My brother is the opposite - low on academic intelligence, high on the know-how, common sense intelligence.

Our society places too much value on academic intelligence, as if we are somehow superior to the rest of society. Balony! I'm reminded of a scene from "Big Bang Theory" on TV. (I was at someone's house who had it on, so my understanding of the show is spotty. What I do know is that the 4 main characters are sterotypical geeks of the nerdy variety.) The four guys were in a car when the engine sputtered. The driver said, "Who knows something here about converter engines." [i believe he said converter.] The other three were like, "Yeah!", "Sure!" "Of course!" as if the question were a no-brainer. The driver then asked, "OK, who here knows how to fix a converter engine?" The other three were stumped.

Being able to process knowledge and theory and calculations and the whole works is one thing. Being able to put the knowledge to use is another. So is being able to adapt to changing situations, being fexible with the recipe, and the like.  We brainiacs have our place, but we'd be helpless without the rest of you who excel in other mental strengths.

So there's the answer to the snobby attitude of superiority.

But as for why those of higher "intelligence" - what I call "academic intelligence" - tend to be less religious is more likely because of the following, I believe.

From studies I've read, it seems as if spiritual processing takes place in the right side of the brain. Academic intellects are strongly left-sided. Thus, it is harder for us to flow in the spirit, connect with the spiritual things, than people who work more out of their right brain.

Best I can tell, most people, turn to God when they are at a place of brokeness, feeling "empty", and the like. Academically intelligent people tend to find their self-worth in their intelligence, trust what is rational and tested, and so on. Point being, it's harder to get us to a place of brokenness such that we are desperate for an answer outside of ourselves and rational thought. It's harder for us to take "a leap of faith".

Anyway, I hope this makes sense to you all.

Perhaps it was a conbustion engine?

It completely makes sense. It reminds me of a Ford that was given us because the husband died and both the husband and their two sons who were engineers had not been able to get it to start. My husband is very good in the area of common sense but not an academic genious or even a mechanic, said I'll bet it is (cant remember--might have been a relay or a computer chip). The part was very inexpensive and easy to repair. We passed the car along to our son who needed a work car.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  175
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/02/1964

Research that based on results of ISSP (International Social Survey Programme) ja GESIS:n (Institute for the Social Sciences) have brought out, that Sweden is one the most atheistic country in the world. According to the research also Czech Republic is a very atheistic country. On the research was asked among other things followed questions; I don't believe in God, I don't believe in God and I never have, believing in a Personal God. Results are from the year 2008.

Sweden was at the front in different countries' divorce statistics. In addition, Czech Republic was at the front in that statistics. According to NationaMaster.com statistics (2000) in Sweden, the divorces' rates compared the world rates was the second most and in Czech Republic the third most when was calculated how many divorces happen per 100 marriages. The rate of Sweden was 53,9 per divorces per 100 marriages, and czech Republic rate was 53,7 divorces per 100 marriages. Finland's rate was 53,2 divorces per 100 marriages.

In the light of preceding statistics' people who have the atheistic world view (don't believe on God) are the most divorce cases. Knoxnews's previously mentioned article of was provocation and purposely distorted, which intention was promoting of atheism.

NationMaster.com's rape statistics reported that in the year 2009, rape case in Sweden was the fourth most in the world. In France was done the most rape cases and in Germany, the second most in the world. According to IPPS statistics, France and Germany were at the top from the countries, in which people didn't believe in God. In the light of this results people who have the atheistic world view make the most rape cases.

From these statistics brings out that large amount of godless people lives immorality. Immorality is not an indication about the intelligent, but indications from negative and harmful lifestyle.

In the year 2012, members of Swedish Lutheran Church were 67 percent from the population. About 2 percent from Lutherans in Sweden regularly attended to Sunday meetings. According to research Sweden was one of the most atheistic countries in the world despite it that almost 70 percent of them were members of Lutheran Church. This means that the biggest part from members of Swedish Lutheran Church doesn't believe in God. In the light of all the preceding information majority of Swedish Lutheran Church's members are godless people. Swedish divorce and rape statistics tell the fact that godless people are the most immoral people. We can see also that being a member in religious institution don't mean that they believe in God or the Bible, but the most of them are godless people. My intention is not slander godless people, but bring out the facts that stand behind the statistics.

It is truly clear that people who believe in God of the Bible (believe in the Lord Jesus) live according to very high moral. It is very important to bring out one important thing, which distorts the facts. Pedophilia is disgusting, and evil sin of fornication (sexual sin) and crusades are against God's will. Pedophilia scandals of Roman Catholic Church (RCC) and bloody crusades done by Catholics don't represent the Biblical faith, but devilish behavior of sin and evil deeds. Roman Catholic Church is not the Church of God, but the false imitation from the Church of God.

Many people say that the Christiany has killed millions of people. This claim is incorrect, because Roman catholic Church has killed millions of people. In reality, godless people on disguise of a believer did those horrific killings. Things done by religion don't mean the same thing as the Biblical faith. From this very clear example and indication is evil deeds of Roman Catholic Church. The real Christianity and Roman Catholic Church are totally two different things.

Religious and theological teachings of Roman Catholic Church are against the word of God (Status of Mary and pope, sacrifice of the mass, purgatory, doctrine of indulgences, salvation through water baptism and so on). Wrong teachings, sexual crimes and killings of Roman Catholic Church show that religiousness of Roman Catholic Church is ungodliness, because RCC teaches and lives against the teaching of the Bible.

In the matter of fact religion and religiousness represent ungodliness, because according to the teaching of the Bible believing in God by the Lord Jesus question the faith, not from the religion or religiousness. Because the Bible says that all the gods of the people are idols (religion). This means that religiousness, and religion is a sin against God. In the light of this Biblical fact, all godless people (religious people, atheists and all who don't believe to God of the Bible) commit the most crimes and live most of all immoral life.

Criticism against Christianity that has been given for teachings and evil deeds of Roman Catholic Church has gone to the wrong address, because RCC doesn't represent the real and genuine Biblical faith, but it is false imitation from the genuine Christianity. When the target of criticism is wrong, so that kind of criticism has no value of the truth. If you have criticized from Christianity based on Roman Catholic Church's doctrine and evil deeds, so you have criticized wrong target.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Whether the research was valid or faulty, their interpretation was lousy.

By academic standards, I am considered very intelligent. However, on the scale of practical know-how, common sense, I tend to be on the low side. My brother is the opposite - low on academic intelligence, high on the know-how, common sense intelligence.

Our society places too much value on academic intelligence, as if we are somehow superior to the rest of society. Balony! I'm reminded of a scene from "Big Bang Theory" on TV. (I was at someone's house who had it on, so my understanding of the show is spotty. What I do know is that the 4 main characters are sterotypical geeks of the nerdy variety.) The four guys were in a car when the engine sputtered. The driver said, "Who knows something here about converter engines." [i believe he said converter.] The other three were like, "Yeah!", "Sure!" "Of course!" as if the question were a no-brainer. The driver then asked, "OK, who here knows how to fix a converter engine?" The other three were stumped.

Being able to process knowledge and theory and calculations and the whole works is one thing. Being able to put the knowledge to use is another. So is being able to adapt to changing situations, being fexible with the recipe, and the like.  We brainiacs have our place, but we'd be helpless without the rest of you who excel in other mental strengths.

So there's the answer to the snobby attitude of superiority.

But as for why those of higher "intelligence" - what I call "academic intelligence" - tend to be less religious is more likely because of the following, I believe.

From studies I've read, it seems as if spiritual processing takes place in the right side of the brain. Academic intellects are strongly left-sided. Thus, it is harder for us to flow in the spirit, connect with the spiritual things, than people who work more out of their right brain.

Best I can tell, most people, turn to God when they are at a place of brokeness, feeling "empty", and the like. Academically intelligent people tend to find their self-worth in their intelligence, trust what is rational and tested, and so on. Point being, it's harder to get us to a place of brokenness such that we are desperate for an answer outside of ourselves and rational thought. It's harder for us to take "a leap of faith".

Anyway, I hope this makes sense to you all.

Perhaps it was a conbustion engine?

It completely makes sense. It reminds me of a Ford that was given us because the husband died and both the husband and their two sons who were engineers had not been able to get it to start. My husband is very good in the area of common sense but not an academic genious or even a mechanic, said I'll bet it is (cant remember--might have been a relay or a computer chip). The part was very inexpensive and easy to repair. We passed the car along to our son who needed a work car.

Could be - mechanics isn't my thing. :stong:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I'm not sure I follow why you think you might be deficient?

I was taught, along with a lot of other people, how to hear the voice of God. But while the others caught on, I didn't. Sigh.

Oh.  Well that is why I lean so heavily on the Bible...I want to make sure I'm not hearing things...I've known so many who run with what they hear even if it

contradicts the Bible, that I really would have a process before making personal application unless it's a definate answer to prayer.  Perhaps, Neb, it's not

the worst thing   :)

Except that I'm not referrng to "hearing Go" for doctrine but about things like making decisions, discernment into a situation, and the like - things which you can't pull verses out os Scripture to answer.

Yes. That is how I understood you.  I find that 'doctrine'...or I'll call it everything we already know (that God has revealed) helps big time in making decisions and in knowing whether or not

what we think is the voice of the Holy Spirit, is, in fact, the voice of the Holy Spirit.  I don't mean pulling out verses, but having discernment comes from knowing the word and putting into

practice what you know.

I don't know if you remember or not, but in the past I have written about being badly deceived and being in a ministry that was very harmful.  Only the word helped me out of that mess.

He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions.  Psalm 107:20

God very clearly spoke that verse into my heart and mind and then I looked for the reference.  It literally turned my life around...and I understood how I had come to be deceived (well

actually a family member dragged us into it) 

I guess it can be understood 2 ways...God can and sometimes does directly intervene by 'speaking' into a situation (Hey ~  Hes done that for me too) and we have the word He has already

given for our instruction and guidance.

Hope that makes sense.  I'm not meaning doctrine at all...I am meaning the fact the Word of God is alive.

Not trying to sound 'preachy' here...this is how I have come to see things...or a bit of how I see things.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

God very clearly spoke that verse into my heart and mind and then I looked for the reference.

Yeah, but that required hearing, did it not?

That's what I mean.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

LOL!   I didn't go looking...I didn't 'try' to hear...perhaps I should word it better...I thought I was BEYOND hearing..

God just intervened.  This would be easier face to face...but I'm trying to say...I was really not in a good place, yet God got through to me anyhow.

I'm thinking, surely God can work this out for you?  Believe me, I'm very tough on myself when it comes to 'hearing' God having been so deceived already in years gone by.

I'm sorry if I seem to be dogmatic...I'm really not wanting to be...anyway...