IGNORED

Does God DESIRE to save everyone?

Guest DRS81

I have come to that conclusion by continually reading His Word to know Him better and by trying my best to hear His voice and do what He has prepared for me to do.

Good post Willamina, and I apologize if I upset you. Shalom, Dave.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/12/1971

New to this site and was looking over this one. It is a very interesting topic for sure. I will just add and maybe it has already been stated but scripture even says that He is not willing that any should perish. Yet, at the same time Paul said that God hardens who He will. That may sound contradictory but we have all sinned and the wages of sin is death according to other scripture Paul writes. So on that note, God is not hardening the innocent which is one point. At the same time, I agree that God knows the end from the beginning and looks and acts based on that perspective and though He is not willing that someone perishes, He is willing to harden someone that leads to them perishing based on His future knowledge. The bottom line is the book of Job. After God's 100 something questions to Job, all Job could say was that basically he didn't know anything and was undone. Look at the example of Pharaoh or the statement God made about Esau. God said He hated Esau but loved Jacob before they were even born. When I was younger, that was very hard for me to comprehend but I do believe that God is Holy and just and the fact that God the Father sent God the Son instead of excusing sin, is pretty heavy duty proof to me that God is just. In fact, I think it would actually be spitting in God's face to feel sorry for anybody who goes to hell. I don't believe the God of the Bible wants anyone to reject Him but He knows those that will ahead of time and apart from Him what are we? I don't believe we even conceive of how wicked we really would be without Him. I think because God is loving He doesn't allow those who reject Him to go unpunished and to be able to continue in the universe. Look at the wicked things people do that make history and the news just on this Earth. Imagine what it would be like if there was no restraint. God is the only restraint. God is love itself as the scripture says so imagine a person who has no love in them. I believe God isn't restricted to someone preaching to a person either. I believe if you can look up in a jungle somewhere and want to know God, He will find a way to reveal Himself. There are many stories of Muslims coming to Christ because of Jesus appearing to them or coming to them in dreams. I still believe He intends for us to go into all the world though because He has commanded us to. I also believe that we are not all God's children just because God made us but I do believe we are His creation though according to scripture.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to everyone,

I truly believe that our Loving and merciful Father desires that everyone would CHOOSE salvation or He would not have sent is only begotten Son,Jesus....to take our place on that tree,to suffer unimaginably,be spit upon,tortured,die a gruesome death and then to even descend into the very pit of hell(the place of forsakeness)so that we would never see the likes of it!

I truly think that the predestination(which is really not the topic)is something we humans try to define as in Websters unabridged.......Our Creator had no intention of us being separated from Him in the first place,it was by one mans choice to disobey Him(to sin)...Do we not know that God is not bound by space or time,He is from everlasting to everlasting,He is the Great I am,He always was,is,and will be forever...He knew us before we were in our mothers womb and reigns in the past,present and future,,,,He gave us free will but knows our choice because He has already been there(where we have not yet been,in our time)Hence,predestination....

We cannot possibly understand all of this ,we simply have to believe it!(DRS81 we will not know Gods way of thinking until we go to be with Him in our new bodies)even a prophet given the gift to know the heart of God can only know in part for now.....God says it Himself in His Word "so that no man should perish,but have everlasting life"....

In Christ Jesus,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Blessings to everyone,

I truly believe that our Loving and merciful Father desires that everyone would CHOOSE salvation or He would not have sent is only begotten Son,Jesus....to take our place on that tree,to suffer unimaginably,be spit upon,tortured,die a gruesome death and then to even descend into the very pit of hell(the place of forsakeness)so that we would never see the likes of it!

I truly think that the predestination(which is really not the topic)is something we humans try to define as in Websters unabridged.......Our Creator had no intention of us being separated from Him in the first place,it was by one mans choice to disobey Him(to sin)...Do we not know that God is not bound by space or time,He is from everlasting to everlasting,He is the Great I am,He always was,is,and will be forever...He knew us before we were in our mothers womb and reigns in the past,present and future,,,,He gave us free will but knows our choice because He has already been there(where we have not yet been,in our time)Hence,predestination....

We cannot possibly understand all of this ,we simply have to believe it!(DRS81 we will not know Gods way of thinking until we go to be with Him in our new bodies)even a prophet given the gift to know the heart of God can only know in part for now.....God says it Himself in His Word "so that no man should perish,but have everlasting life"....

In Christ Jesus,Kwik

Why do you say tree instead of a cross?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

It was a question not a statement. I wasn't trying to offend, rather I was trying to make people think about the OP. I'm trying understand God's way of thinking here. Since a lot of people are without hope since birth and will burn in hell, why does God create them in the first place.

What this line of reasoning reveals is that you do not know God because you rely on your purely human modern judgment regarding something apparently you do not understand in order to judge God. This tells me you are still your own god///ultimately the lord of your own life, judging good and evil according to what is right in your own eyes (Genesis 3:5). So if it be that you are but a baby on need of understanding (milk from the word for faith comes by hearing) then let me give you some insight and maybe this will help.

You got all this from me asking a question? You shouldn't judge or assume things Brother Paul. 1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

And sorry about the brief derailing DRS81...