• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/14/1992

Lately I've been going through a spiritual battle with inside my mind as well as my heart. I have been in a toxic relationship for a year and six months. I know deep within I should let go and move forward. Being 20 years old, I feel like I have a whole life ahead of me. I've prayed about my situation many of times and have tried to walk away numerous times only to be lured back in... My flesh is weak everytime although my spirit is willing. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I love this individual dearly but my relationship with God is suffering. And when I think about what I've been through in this toxic relationship I feel really ashamed because I know I don't have to be in the situation I'm in if I let go and let God. But I feel that there's a stronghold on me. How can I break this besides prayer?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Welcome to Worthy Still :mgcheerful: Maybe your post should be moved to an appropriate thread.The admin.can do that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Hello and WELCOME to Worthy. You will be in my prayers.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/14/1992

Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't know I had the wrong thread... How can I move it?

Edited by StillLearning04

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Hi StillLearning,

Welcome to Worthy......just contact a staff member or admin,I don't know if you are in the wrong forum but if you are they will move it for you......as far as Stongholds are concerned,I am really unsure of the question?But considering your introduction and the information you provided perhaps I can help,I'll try...

Strongholds in your mind gives the enemy access to your thinking,in other words....any past sin or past hurt that you harbor in your mind(or heart)that you have not(or wll not)forsaken has a "strong   hold" on you....the enemy will use these things to tell you more lies and keep you in bondage by it(make sense so far?),The enemy keeps reminding you of the past(sin,hurt,bitterness,resentment,anger etc...)

Heres some things i believe you will find comfort in....First, you must know your position in Christ(position of victory)...refer to Matthew 16:19(authority to bind and loose)    Secondly,John 14:13-14 (asking Jesus)   and Third refer to Matthew4:1-4 Follow Jesus example and use your Sword(the Word of God)....When satan tried to tempt Jesus(using lies),Jesus picked up the Sword of the Spirit(rebuked him by speaking the Word)

Of course,I think the most important thing is putting God first before anyone or anything....if loving the Lord and desiring an intimate relationship with Him is the MOST important thing in your life and everything else is secondary then you will begin to walk in spirit and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit.When you are lead by the Holy Spirit and have discernment you will easily recognize the enemys deceit....our hearts and minds are unreliable but the Holy Spirit gives us Wisdom and Understanding,When we submit (without reservations)to Jesus as Lord of our lives a transformation begins to take place,a renewal of the mind......When your heart is filled with the love of Jesus there is no room for anything else.....sometimes this takes time but a good place to start is on our knees.

Perhaps your priority is this guy......you cannot receive all the wonderful things the Lord has for you if you are not willing to completely surrender.Study the Word of God,seek Him with all your heart.....have you invited Jesus to be your Lord and Savior?Jesus is the Way,the Truth and the Life(we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus!)

You are young and like you said,you have a whole life ahead of you.Let me encourage you that you seem to be searching in the right direction and we are here for you......by knowing a little more about you and your relationship with the Lord,we can probably be of more help.....pulling down strongholds is important but there are many other things to do....God first,love Him with ALL your heart,ALL your soul and ALL your mind....by and through our precious Lord and Savior,Christ Jesus

With much love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  338
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  4

Lately I've been going through a spiritual battle with inside my mind as well as my heart. I have been in a toxic relationship for a year and six months. I know deep within I should let go and move forward. Being 20 years old, I feel like I have a whole life ahead of me. I've prayed about my situation many of times and have tried to walk away numerous times only to be lured back in... My flesh is weak everytime although my spirit is willing. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I love this individual dearly but my relationship with God is suffering. And when I think about what I've been through in this toxic relationship I feel really ashamed because I know I don't have to be in the situation I'm in if I let go and let God. But I feel that there's a stronghold on me. How can I break this besides prayer?

I would keep prayer first , you identified what the stronghold is , now surround it with God's word and his truth about it , guard your thought life and allow the holy spirit to do a work in your heart , Philippians 4:8  Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.   

1 Corinthians 10:13  No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it     I will keep you in prayer   :mgcheerful:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Hi Still...

Goodness even your name reminds me of a verse...Be Still and Know That He Is God...It takes alot for us to even identify that we have a body, a mind and a spirit...I mean to be able to separate them-this is wonderful that you can do this-mainly because we will find that every single thing we do starts with a thought...and The Bible says that sometimes we have to capture those "thoughts" and we soon realizt that we do not have to "act" on them...again we are separating our 3 parts and seeing "The Truth"...O Lord, You are so good!!! By staying in His Word alot (and by doing whatever else The Lord leads us to do) we get to change those thoughts which is a wonderful thing...

Yes...There is certainly a war going on: between flesh and spirit...

I have found that when I draw near to God; He most certainly draws near to me...Every single time I have endeavored to do the right thing in His eyes; He is there and helps me (and supernaturally takes the wrong desire) See I understand having the unhealthy desire for someone...God puts all things in the right order and with healthy wonderful desires...

I have over the years realized that He Is The One That Has Given me Life and The Very Breath I breathe...He Has To Be First Place In My Life...And When I Surrender and Desire Above All To Leave my Life of "the world" , "the flesh" and "the pride of life"...well there is a life that awaits that can't even be described...just say it resembles "Heaven on earth"...His Peace Passes All Understanding...His Love Is The Greatest That Mankind Will Ever Find...If I put God First-Seeking His Kingdom and His Righteousness...He will make sure good things come to me...That's my experience and I sure do Need and Love God...and you...and I'm praying...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

You alone know the stronghold that is seperating you from the love of God,the early you confess it the better for you, Self decision makes a man,for you to please God,you must let go of some certain things inside you and around you,so stop telling God how powerful the stronghold in your life is,tell the stronghold how mighty and powerful your God is,you need to make up your mind like the prodigal son in the bible,Luke (15:11-32, ) vers 17 says:and when he came to himself,nobody advice him he advice himself,he took a decision and applied it into action,God knows when you are serious and when you are not,those things that is holding you down renounce them,one by one,stop believing that you have prayed and no solution,you have not pray aright,Psalm 50:15,and call upon me in the day of trouble: i will deliver thee,and thou shall glorify me,the only thing that will stop God from delivering you from any stronghold is your inability to confess and forsake,as far as there is someone to pray there is God to answer,> I'M talking out of experience"