IGNORED

What do you think about word of faith churches

jetson

It always interests me when someone says you shouldn't speak ill of someone who is annointed. How do you know if they are?

Always wondered that myself, shorry. I always figured the first indication that they were "annointed" would be teaching what's in line with the Bible. If it ain't in line with scripture - toss it. God will never contradict Himself.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

It always interests me when someone says you shouldn't speak ill of someone who is annointed. How do you know if they are?

Always wondered that myself, shorry. I always figured the first indication that they were "annointed" would be teaching what's in line with the Bible. If it ain't in line with scripture - toss it. God will never contradict Himself.

That is what I thought to, but when someone questions if what they are preaching is truth it is don't question them they are annointed. I was always taught to question and check with the Bible.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Being anointed doesn't mean your infallible. One definition. anointed means God has chosen you to carry out a specific tasks.  

If a denomination believes the Sabbath is on Friday, maybe Saturday instead of Sunday then they are not Christians?

If a denomination believes that tithing is not applicable today, but is only relates to the Old testament then they are not Christians? 

I'm not saying that its wrong to question but beware, for you shall be judge as you judge.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point, but using your example, Moses,Elijah,Saul,David, Solomon should not be examples an blotted out of the bible or better yet only those you agree with or have the same interpretation/revelation of scripture as you have is worthy to be included in the bible?

Just step over what the Lord has decided.

Interesting.....I think if you scrutinize any Christian denomination you can find some teachings/traditions/base tenants which can make your eyes squint.

However, if someone is anointed by GOD to gather the lost souls to Christ, not locally but on a world wide scale, who then has the authority to speak against Gods anointed?

Moses brother and sister did that in the wilderness..

Can you define anointed? I will give you an example or two. Bennie Hinn? John Hagee?

One mans anointed is another mans nightmare.....

Stick to the Word, check every word against the Word, and let the Holy Spirit lead you.

Following men will only disappoint in the the long run.

I don't follow man and I walk close enough to the spirit to know that man is fallible and revaluation only comes by the holy spirit. Therefore when I hear some one that is not 100% right when it comes to scripture I don't shoot them I pray for them that GOD may revel the truth to them.

It's one thing to know the truth and ignore it, but its another to just be plain ignorant.

Unfortunately, both leads to the same result.

Being anointed doesn't mean your infallible. One definition. anointed means God has chosen you to carry out a specific tasks.  

If a denomination believes the Sabbath is on Friday, maybe Saturday instead of Sunday then they are not Christians?

If a denomination believes that tithing is not applicable today, but is only relates to the Old testament then they are not Christians? 

I'm not saying that its wrong to question but beware, for you shall be judge as you judge.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point, but using your example, Moses,Elijah,Saul,David, Solomon should not be examples an blotted out of the bible or better yet only those you agree with or have the same interpretation/revelation of scripture as you have is worthy to be included in the bible?

In the case of the folks you mentioned the Bible is nothing if not honest. They are shown to be the fallible humans we all are since the fall. Those men were annointed in their generation for what God called them to, but they still sinned and fell short like we all do. The point was that if someone is teaching something contrary to the Bible, then I'm going to question them on it and I don't care how "annointed" they are. That doesn't mean "shoot the wounded." That doesn't mean they are not believers. It just means they are mistaken -- and don't forget that teachers of the word will be held to a stricter standard than others. That is something I take very seriously.

In the case of the folks you mentioned the Bible is nothing if not honest. They are shown to be the fallible humans we all are since the fall. Those men were annointed in their generation for what God called them to, but they still sinned and fell short like we all do. The point was that if someone is teaching something contrary to the Bible, then I'm going to question them on it and I don't care how "annointed" they are. That doesn't mean "shoot the wounded." That doesn't mean they are not believers. It just means they are mistaken -- and don't forget that teachers of the word will be held to a stricter standard than others. That is something I take very seriously.

Agreed.....They are held or going to be held to a higher standard, as such I can only pray for them. It's only by GOD's grace I don't stumble as others may.

GOD bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

So....what does the Bible say about all of this?

Short version: That much of the WoF teaching is not Biblical. Much of it is the "health and wealth" stuff that's common today also.

Not "much"---just some, just like any other denomination.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

Interesting.....I think if you scrutinize any Christian denomination you can find some teachings/traditions/base tenants which can make your eyes squint.

However, if someone is anointed by GOD to gather the lost souls to Christ, not locally but on a world wide scale, who then has the authority to speak against Gods anointed?

Moses brother and sister did that in the wilderness..

Can you define anointed? I will give you an example or two. Bennie Hinn? John Hagee?

One mans anointed is another mans nightmare.....

Stick to the Word, check every word against the Word, and let the Holy Spirit lead you.

Following men will only disappoint in the the long run.

A standard manipulative teaching to keep people from criticizing, is to use the phrase from the OT, 'touch not Gods annointed'.

In the OT, only a select few people are physically annointed for a purpose. One such person was David. David had already been annointed as a future king but Saul was still ruling. Saul of course was wicked, and a sinner, but God had not yet removed Saul as king. Davids friends wanted to eliminate Saul, but David said of wicked Saul, touch not Gods annointed. David was saying Saul was King and do not touch him, as God will remove Saul and put David on the throne in Gods time.

So, in light of the story, touch not a wicked ruler, as God will remove him, it is strange to use that line. The other major issue is that in the New Covenant, all of those who are saved, are annointed, indwelt with the Holy Spirit, and called. We are all annointed, but some people like to think of themselves as somehow special, and more annointed, while the little people are not. Therefore the 'little people' should not challenge the 'annointed big deals'. My own words of course, as anyone who uses that line does not understand the New Covenant.   

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Test all things; hold fast what is good.  I Thess 5:21

In some circles, they practically worship someone they think is annointed..that person just cannot seem to do wrong no matter

how wrong they are

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Ummm....

"At the heart of the Word of Faith movement is the belief in the "force of faith." It is believed words can be used to manipulate the faith-force, and thus actually create what they believe Scripture promises (health and wealth). Laws supposedly governing the faith-force are said to operate independently of God's sovereign will and that God Himself is subject to these laws. This is nothing short of idolatry, turning our faith—and by extension ourselves—into god.

From here, its theology just strays further and further from Scripture: it claims that God created human beings in His literal, physical image as little gods. Before the fall, humans had the potential to call things into existence by using the faith-force. After the fall, humans took on Satan's nature and lost the ability to call things into existence. In order to correct this situation, Jesus Christ gave up His divinity and became a man, died spiritually, took Satan's nature upon Himself, went to hell, was born again, and rose from the dead with God's nature. After this, Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to replicate the Incarnation in believers so they could become little gods as God had originally intended".

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/Word-Faith.html#ixzz2fhOkHwbxI

I have never heard most of this but it's appalling!  All of that is pure heresy and should be stamped out at every opportunity.