ayin jade

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

It should also be noted that God did NOT create Satan; He created LUCIFER. Lucifer chose to sin and became Satan. (But we have the promise in Isaiah 54:16-17 that he can't touch us if we trust the promises in God's Word and claim them).

God created Lucifer in the first week, just as He created us.

Actually he originated from the Kingdom of HEAVEN, not God, because the KOH is a place, the KOG is a method (God's ways); 2 different words used in the Scriptures.

It should also be noted that God did NOT create Satan; He created LUCIFER.

You are correct in all aspects, with Lucifer and the kingdom of heaven.

I think I was just being lazy with my post that day.

Also, is it true that Satan was then given the name devil when he told his first lie in the garden?

Blessings.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling,

That was from the ToS,

you, however, wrote:

It's time to eat of the dish you've prepared for others.  

"A fool hath no delight in understanding, But only that his heart may reveal itself."

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

I didn't resort to name calling, you did.

Stop this finally!

Thomas

[...]

You have demanded a reply to my statement and reply was given.  Not my fault if you find something in it of personal effect. 

the "fool" was your part, rjp... I asked you something, that's true, but my demand was not meant as a demand to leave the subject level in part of your answer.

When you came up with insulting, I would be glad if you could not write such things as "not my fault". Thank you.

Thomas

Why should I apologize for not saying something you think I shouldn't have said?

The scoffer always destroys a thread by attacking the statements, writing foolish remarks as though they actually meant something, and by claiming personal affront for people who've challenged their non-specific statements based on negative remarks.   In short, you need to honor your promise in post #49 and knock it off.

The fool always wants somebody to kiss his imagined boo boo.   The wise man continues to instruct and share in the way of truth.   Truth telling is becoming a lost art in America.   Fools rule.

And the Bible gives ample warning of the ultimate fate of fools…..scoffing will not save….only the blood of Jesus.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

do you then believe that satan was not created but was a god?

Col. 1:15-17. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. (Speaking of Jesus).

Good day Willamina,

look: this discussion came to a close for me the moment I was getting insulted. So please understand that I am not going to answer your question....

For me it's that simple: one insult => finish.

If you go through life with that attitude, you will never be able to discuss ANYTHING!  That really limits a person, Thomas.  Life isn't a stroll in the park; it's more like a boxing match.  I hope you will reconsider; you can learn a LOT from those who are different than yourself. 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Actually he originated from the Kingdom of HEAVEN, not God, because the KOH is a place, the KOG is a method (God's ways); 2 different words used in the Scriptures.

It should also be noted that God did NOT create Satan; He created LUCIFER.

You are correct in all aspects, with Lucifer and the kingdom of heaven.

I think I was just being lazy with my post that day.

Also, is it true that Satan was then given the name devil when he told his first lie in the garden?

Blessings.

Satan's first lie wasn't in the garden.  It was before it had fallen, when it looked upon itself with pride and imagined it should sit upon the high throne of the almighty.

The first lie was one it told to itself.  The liar believed its own lie and in its pride it fell.

The origins of the name of the evil one are many.  They are historical and they cross many cultures.   Talk of the evil one is not limited to the Judeo-Christian tradition.

Biblical references to it first appear in Genesis 3:1 where it's called the serpent.  

Genesis 3 is a vital chapter in the story of the redemption of man, for in its pages are described the nature of fallen man and how our situation came to pass.   In those days and at that time human nature became irreversibly depraved.  There was no way for the process to be healed, fixed or taken back to the innocent levels before the serpent's temptation.  For all time, man would be corrupted.   No solution would ever be found to correct the problem.  From that day to this men have searched for an answer or a way to change human nature.  The terrible truth is that it is impossible to pour truth and life like wine into an old corrupted container.  It is simply and totally and utterly impossible.  Not even God could repair the corruption of humanity.

That which became the great personal evil to all men -

was that which lost its war in heaven, was totally stripped of all its authority and power and cast out of high heaven -

and which fell to earth like lightning….

where it found humans endowed by God with power and authority over the earth and all its creatures….

where it found a way to usurp human authority -

to convince humans to yield their god-given authority to the serpent instead...

So it is well named the liar, the murderer and the destroyer of all mankind.  Give it what name you choose.  It is the hater of God and all things decent including the men it betrayed.  It is real and it is alive on planet earth today….and there is no way for man to defeat it.  Never was and never will be.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft….

PS

but Genesis 3 is not the end of the story, is it?  It is the beginning of the story of redemption and continues to the last page of Revelation.

Hey DRS81, unless someone can correct me on this using the Word, I am not aware of any place that in the Word that marks the exact time that Lucifer received the name change, though it would have logically occured the moment iniquity was found in him and he acted on it to say that he was going to exalt his throne above the heavens and rule better than God; that was the day he found out why God is called "The Most High" because his words ran up against God's Word and his words were shivered and blown into smithereens and he was cast down; he became a dead spirit.

rjp34652, you said, "Genesis 3 is a vital chapter in the story of the redemption of man, for in its pages are described the nature of fallen man and how our situation came to pass. In those days and at that time human nature became irreversibly depraved. There was no way for the process to be healed, fixed or taken back to the innocent levels before the serpent's temptation. For all time, man would be corrupted. No solution would ever be found to correct the problem. From that day to this men have searched for an answer or a way to change human nature. The terrible truth is that it is impossible to pour truth and life like wine into an old corrupted container. It is simply and totally and utterly impossible. Not even God could repair the corruption of humanity."

As well as "So it is well named the liar, the murderer and the destroyer of all mankind. Give it what name you choose. It is the hater of God and all things decent including the men it betrayed. It is real and it is alive on planet earth today….and there is no way for man to defeat it. Never was and never will be."

Now, I must ask, and this leans towards the obvious, but you are referring to natural man, aka unsaved man in these statements, is that correct? I ask, because neither one of these assessments you've put forth qualify as true for the supernatural man, the redeemed man, for the redeemed man already has Satan defeated (by Jesus) and enforces his defeat until the return of Jesus through the Truth of the Word of God, and in the same wise, the redeemed man, the man who is saved has already been repaired from the corruption of sin.

Just wondering; for in light of this forum, it is a question that must be asked.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Now to your answer.

It is written that God created (Col. 1:16 KJV):

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

By this we know that, besides physical things, God also created thrones, dominions, principalities, powers.

But is Satan included in one of these items? I don't have the answer.

We find the answer to this in the comparative verse

Eph 2:2-3

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world,

according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh

in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our

conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires

of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath,

even as others.

KJV

Love, Steven