conservator

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

There are two schools of Word of Faith, from what I can see.  One is the Hyper-Faith group that believe all they have to do is speak something into existence, and if they believe enough, it will happen.  The other believes that faith is the key to growth, but has decided to carry the title of Word of Faith for some reason when it is more Faith in Scripture.

The first group is how most people define the Word of Faith groups.  It is a shame that the second group is caught up in the definition of the first group due to the title they carry, but, none the less, it is what happens.

This back and forth bickering due to different definitions is sad.  Please find a way to discuss believing in scripture without labels, if you can.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Would you like to point out where I stated that Christians do NOT have a new nature in Christ?  IMO the problems that occur when someone misquotes what another poster states are a fine example of what happens when the Bible is misquoted

Here:

No one automatically becomes a new person.  

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NLT)

17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

Edited by GoldenEagle
fix quoted post

Would you like to point out where I stated that Christians do NOT have a new nature in Christ?  IMO the problems that occur when someone misquotes what another poster states are a fine example of what happens when the Bible is misquoted

Kindly note, I am not putting anything myself or another poster on the same level as the Bible (lest that also gets misquoted)

Faith comes from God...it is not what we work up or the words we say...and that is a MAJOR sticking point with WOF teaching... So to me YOUR words do not have the same import as the words of Christ.

We are not little Jesus' running around with God obeying the words we speak.   If anyone lacks faith, then they should ask of God, as scripture teaches, who is more than willing to give the very thing we lack.

Faith is not an end in and of itself.

I believe this is a terrible distortion of what the Bible states and the reason so many people become disenchanted with WOF teaching.

Christians suffer from more than a lack of what should be the Bread of Life...they also suffer greatly because of the distorted picture painted by false shepherds, prophets and teachers that God has not called by His Holy Spirit and has not gifted.  The gifts are for the building up of the Body of Christ...for the edificaiton of the church (believers) They are not so people can become famous and milk others for money.

These false miracle workers have their reward now...they will not have another.

I believe you have a distorted view of what a life of faith is like, thinking only about the piles of propaganda that disillusioned people have put out.

Edited by GoldenEagle
Edits in red

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,690
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Let's utilize The Word here:

Matt 24:35

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
KJV

Prov 30:5

5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
KJV

Jesus said this about every Word He spoke while here Matt 24:35  YET WE shall give an accounting of ours Matt 12:36-37 in comparison to His 

which are everlasting and pure...

Matt 12:36-37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall

give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt

be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
KJV

As our faith is grown more and more by the intake of His Word our words will become more like His Words and our lives more like His life....

sanctification! But the difference is His Words do not receive judgment as ours will...

Love, Steven

KJV

5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

KJV

Jesus said this about every Word He spoke while here Matt 24:35  YET WE shall give an accounting of ours Matt 12:36-37 in comparison to His 

KJV

As our faith is grown more and more by the intake of His Word our words will become more like His Words and our lives more like His life....

sanctification! But the difference is His Words do not receive judgment as ours will...

Love, Steven

Very right! I do not argue with that!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,690
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

KJV

KJV

KJV

Love, Steven

Very right! I do not argue with that!

So loved one we cannot expect our words now to be as His Words till His Judgment of them... we merely by faith

in His Words live and have our life now and He performs the grace of our lives unto others. He has taught us that

we are not able to see the heart and it is the Spirit that does and by this we are fully laid out upon that need of that

faith to live and walk... this the truest power come down from above where we rely on that not of ourselves but of

Him Who works all things to His Pleasure... the reducing of our self in this is complete as children totally reliant upon

His Word which we wish to make our Word!Love, Steven

So loved one we cannot expect our words now to be as His Words till His Judgment of them... we merely by faith

in His Words live and have our life now and He performs the grace of our lives unto others. He has taught us that

we are not able to see the heart and it is the Spirit that does and by this we are fully laid out upon that need of that

faith to live and walk... this the truest power come down from above where we rely on that not of ourselves but of

Him Who works all things to His Pleasure... the reducing of our self in this is complete as children totally reliant upon

His Word which we wish to make our Word!Love, Steven

We must let His word flow from our lips.

Joshua 1:8 (NKJV)

This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

2 Corinthians 4:13 (NKJV)

13 And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, “I believed and therefore I spoke,” we also believe and therefore speak,

Matthew 21:21 (AMP)

21 And Jesus answered them, Truly I say to you, if you have faith (a firm relying trust) and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, it will be done.

Mark 11:23 (AMP)

23 Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, Be lifted up and thrown into the sea! and does not doubt at all in his heart but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Days Won:  22

Faith comes from God...it is not what we work up or the words we say...and that is a MAJOR sticking point with WOF teaching...YOUR words do not have the same 

import as the words of Christ.

We are not little Jesus' running around with God obeying the words we speak.   If anyone lacks faith, then they should ask of God, as scripture teaches, who is more than willing to

give the very thing we lack.

Faith is not an end in and of itself.

This is a terrible distortion of what the Bible states and the reason so many people become disenchanted with WOF teaching.

Christians suffer from more than a lack of what should be the Bread of Life...they also suffer greatly because of the distorted picture painted by false shepherds, prophets

and teachers that God has not called by His Holy Spirit and has not gifted.  The gifts are for the building up of the Body of Christ...for the edificaiton of the church (believers)

They are not so people can become famous and milk others for money.

These false miracle workers have their reward now...they will not have another.

You have a distorted view of what a life of faith is like, thinking only about the piles of propaganda that disillusioned people have put out.

No, I don't.  

I'm just familar with your beliefs...having had a rather difficult exchange with you going back over one year.

You seem to resort to personal attack such as the remark above.

We were just asked by OneLight to respond without labels...in other words, in a kinder fahsion.  And what do you do?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Well I believe Jesus is talking about people who leave the faith.  All scripture is Holy Spirit inspired.  I believe you are making up an idea that is not scriptural.

To me, the writer of Hebrews tells us the same thing but worded differently in Hebrews 10:26-32

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.  But a certain fearful looking for ofjujdgment and firey indignation, which shall devourthe adversaries.  He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, sujppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of Grace?"

I believe you have convoluted the simple message. It is my understanding a believer never willfully continues in sin, but has an aversion to sin. Kind of like the idea of the new man and the new nature... As soon as a believer sins, he is confronted by Holy Spirit within, and is aware of the battleground he has just stepped on.

I have not convoluted anything, FA.  I'm unsure if perhaps you believe this WOF belief system? I will end this conversation with you as I believe it does nothing to honor God and His Word.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I just took another thread and banned half the participants from posting in it specifically. Any more personal attacks here and I will do the same.

Please leave personalities out of it, no matter how skewed and incorrect you think their theology may be.