kingdomwitness

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Who is the one restraining the lawless one? Please i need opinions and answers. Visit http://prophecyofthewitness.wordpress.com or email me at blessination@gmail.com

The Restrainer that the Apostle Paul is talking about in 2 Thessalonians 2:7 is not the Holy Spirit  your pre-tribulation rapture people would have you believe. The scriptures give us a "job description" for the Holy Spirit, and He was never assigned to be the Restrainer that the Apostle Paul is speaking of.

If Michael is the protecting Angel of Israel, how can he also be the Restrainer? Who but the Holy Spirit works to protect the children of God, those who have accepted Jesus as Saviour and keep them from the enemy's hand? Without the Holy Spirit at work today can you imagine the terror and turmoil of the world around us??

If Michael is the protecting Angel of Israel, how can he also be the Restrainer?

Why can he not be? If as you say, Michael is the protecting angel of Israel, he certainly is powerful enough to restrain the devil.

There is absolutely no scriptural basis for the Holy Spirit to be "the Restrainer".  This is a made up idea from the pre-trib teachers.

Michael dared not rebuke him but said "the Lord rebuke you",

This does not mean that Michael was afraid of satan, it simply means Michael turned satan over to God in the case of Moses' body. We see here that Michael did not fight the devil with the devil's methods  2 Peter 2:11 confirms that angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a "reviling accusation" against them before the Lord, thus Michael responded in the way that he did.

The greek word used in the above for "reviling accusation" is "diabolos", meaning "devilish,malicious, slanderous

Don't underestimate the Archangel Michael.  In Daniel 10:13, we read "But the "prince" of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty one days; and behold Michael, one of the chief princes came to help me for I had been left alone with the kings of Persia."

There is no doubt that  this" prince" of Persia spoken of in the above verse  is a powerful spirit being,  for how could a mere human stand against an angel on assignment from God?  There is a real possibility that this "prince" is satan himself.

Further, Revelation 12:7 confirms that Michael and his angels fought with the dragon and Michael and his angels won!  This same verse also confirms that both Michael and the devil each have some angels on their side.

Who but the Holy Spirit works to protect the children of God

Simply put, the Holy Spirit's role is not the same as "the restrainer's" role.  Scripture does not support this man made idea.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I would be interested in seeing the actual scripture that describes who the restrainer is.  I have searched and have not found anywhere where it mentions the Holy Spirit or Michael or any other entity.  From my studies, scripture does not answer this question and all we are left with is our assumptions.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I would be interested in seeing the actual scripture that describes who the restrainer is.  I have searched and have not found anywhere where it mentions the Holy Spirit or Michael or any other entity.  From my studies, scripture does not answer this question and all we are left with is our assumptions.

I agree OneLight, Scripture does not specifically tell us who the restrainer is.  But from my studies, and the scriptures I have posted, the Archangel Michael is a likely candidate, imo because   Michael has personally fought and restrained the devil before Scripture tells us.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

^ this one :clap:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/17/1942

I agree OneLight, Scripture does not specifically tell us who the restrainer is.  But from my studies, and the scriptures I have posted, the Archangel Michael is a likely candidate, imo because   Michael has personally fought and restrained the devil before Scripture tells us.

Deleted

Edited by Sonseeahray

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

I have always had a different point of view of this. In the book of Job we find these verses.

Job 1:12

And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.

Job 2:6

And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.

In these verses Satan is limited in what he can do by the word of God. God tells Satan what he can and can't do, and Satan is bound or restrained in what he can do according to the word of the Lord. I believe this is a principle repeated in the bible over and over.

2  Thessalonians 2:7

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

In the above passage we see the same principle. Satan being allowed to do some things, but limited or restrained in what he can do.

God has appointed a time when all these things will happen, and the word of the Lord will be fulfilled. Until then there is nothing Satan can do about it. It's the Living Word of God that is the restrainer  IMO.

Firestormx

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I have always had a different point of view of this. In the book of Job we find these verses.

And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.

In these verses Satan is limited in what he can do by the word of God. God tells Satan what he can and can't do, and Satan is bound or restrained in what he can do according to the word of the Lord. I believe this is a principle repeated in the bible over and over.

For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

In the above passage we see the same principle. Satan being allowed to do some things, but limited or restrained in what he can do.

God has appointed a time when all these things will happen, and the word of the Lord will be fulfilled. Until then there is nothing Satan can do about it. It's the Living Word of God that is the restrainer  IMO.

Firestormx

2 Thessalonians 2:7 (AMP)

For the mystery of lawlessness (that hidden principle of rebellion against constituted authority) is already at work in the world, [but it is] restrained only until he who restrains is taken out of the way.

Satan cannot restrain himself. As Holy Spirit indwells the Church, He is the restrainer. When the Church is finally absent, the wrath of God can be poured out on the earth and its unbelieving inhabitants.

Firestormx

For the mystery of lawlessness (that hidden principle of rebellion against constituted authority) is already at work in the world, [but it is] restrained only until he who restrains is taken out of the way.

Satan cannot restrain himself. As Holy Spirit indwells the Church, He is the restrainer. When the Church is finally absent, the wrath of God can be poured out on the earth and its unbelieving inhabitants.

I never said Satan restrained himself. Did you actually read what I said? I said it is the Word of God that is the restrainer.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Firestormx

I never said Satan restrained himself. Did you actually read what I said? I said it is the Word of God that is the restrainer.

Jesus is the Word. He will never be taken away. Holy Spirit is the restrainer, who ministers the word of God to the world.

Firestormx

Jesus is the Word. He will never be taken away. Holy Spirit is the restrainer, who ministers the word of God to the world.

It doesn't say the restrainer is taken away, the verse says the restrainer is taken out of the way. Big difference. Show me in scripture then where it says with 100% certainty that the Holy Spirit is the restrainer. Because if you can't your just speaking your opinion same as me.