ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

If a pastor wanted to perform a gay marriage, osteen would not speak out. I would. 1 Corinthians 5 admonishes those who would not speak out.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

If a pastor wanted to perform a gay marriage, osteen would not speak out. I would. 1 Corinthians 5 admonishes those who would not speak out.

I would have to agree!   not making judgments for secular marriages is biblical, but if a "Christian pastor" who calls himself a brother in Christ performs a marriage ceremony for homosexuals, I think the elders of his church should have him removed, with a swift kick in the pants as he rolls down the steps. 

personally I think Joel was not called to be a pastor but rather he has the gift of encouragement (Romans 12:8) and simply took over the family business when his father passed away, his preaching is not that of a teacher or a pastor, he simply is an encourager and has the most watered down version of the gospel someone may be graced to hear.

I have to say Joels definitely got the mercy part down, and the making no judgments........but as a pastor he is called to make judgments and that's where he is in lack 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I would have to agree!   not making judgments for secular marriages is biblical, but if a "Christian pastor" who calls himself a brother in Christ performs a marriage ceremony for homosexuals, I think the elders of his church should have him removed, with a swift kick in the pants as he rolls down the steps. 

personally I think Joel was not called to be a pastor but rather he has the gift of encouragement (Romans 12:8) and simply took over the family business when his father passed away, his preaching is not that of a teacher or a pastor, he simply is an encourager and has the most watered down version of the gospel someone may be graced to hear.

I have to say Joels definitely got the mercy part down, and the making no judgments........but as a pastor he is called to make judgments and that's where he is in lack 

According to this interview with Larry King, Osteen has never gone to seminary, but was ordained by the church that he inherited from his father.

KING: Where were you ordained?

OSTEEN: I was ordained from the church there, Lakewood, under my dad’s ministry.

KING: So you didn’t go to seminary?

OSTEEN: No, sir, I didn’t.

KING: They can just make you a minister?

OSTEEN: You can, you can.

KING: That’s kind of an easy way in.

Read more of the interview here

I think Joel would be a great motivational speaker!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

I think at best he is a great motivational speaker, however i believe that is where it ends.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Fairly new in here folks.........but even at that I am impressed with your comments concerning Osteen.  I kind of equate the not speaking out part in order to be pc, the same as Peter hearing the third crow; denying Christ.