ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

The first President Bush recently attended – and served as witness to – a same-sex wedding in Maine. Osteen said he would not officiate at a gay wedding.

“As I believe the Scriptures show, marriage is between a man and a woman,” explained Osteen. “But if a minister from a Christian tradition chose to do that, I wouldn’t criticize anybody. But I wouldn’t feel comfortable with that in my faith.”

And what about the afterlife? Osteen said the guarantee for going to heaven is having a relationship with Christ, as the Bible teaches.

“As to who goes to Heaven, I can’t be the judge of that,” he said. “There are good people, there are different religions. I just thank God that I’m not the one who gets to choose or who gets to decide. God’s mercy is big and broad. If you call on the name of the Lord, you will be saved. I don’t know who’s going to call, but I hope everybody will."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/newsmakers/joel-osteen-most-people-desire-relationship-god-184158010.html?vp=1

So

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Romans 1:35-28

Simple

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Even A Fifth Grader Can Get It

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

The first President Bush recently attended – and served as witness to – a same-sex wedding in Maine. Osteen said he would not officiate at a gay wedding. “As I believe the Scriptures show, marriage is between a man and a woman,” explained Osteen. “But if a minister from a Christian tradition chose to do that, I wouldn’t criticize anybody. But I wouldn’t feel comfortable with that in my faith.” http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/newsmakers/joel-osteen-most-people-desire-relationship-god-184158010.html?vp=1

Sounds Good Until You Read

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

~

And what about the afterlife? Osteen said the guarantee for going to heaven is having a relationship with Christ, as the Bible teaches. “As to who goes to Heaven, I can’t be the judge of that,” he said. “There are good people, there are different religions. I just thank God that I’m not the one who gets to choose or who gets to decide. God’s mercy is big and broad. If you call on the name of the Lord, you will be saved. I don’t know who’s going to call, but I hope everybody will." http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/newsmakers/joel-osteen-most-people-desire-relationship-god-184158010.html?vp=1

Sounds Good Until You Read

“Abraham is our father,” they answered.

“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would do what Abraham did. As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. You are doing the works of your own father.”

“We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”

Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!

Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.” John 8:39-47 (NIV)

~

Jesus

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Or The Highway

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

So Simple Even A Pastor Can Get It

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Matthew 7:15

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

I have no issue with what was said.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone!

I think Osteen answered as best he could not to offend anyone.I too,don't have an issue with what was said...I usually have an issue with what isn't said......praise & glory to God!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

And what about the afterlife? Osteen said the guarantee for going to heaven is having a relationship with Christ, as the Bible teaches.

“As to who goes to Heaven, I can’t be the judge of that,” he said. “There are good people, there are different religions. I just thank God that I’m not the one who gets to choose or who gets to decide. God’s mercy is big and broad. If you call on the name of the Lord, you will be saved. I don’t know who’s going to call, but I hope everybody will."

Even many  atheists and non- Bible believers are good people and do good works. Sadly,  I think in the above statements, Olsteen missed a golden opportunity, once again, to stress the one thing Jesus stressed when he started His ministry, Matthew 4:17 and which all of the Apostles taught in the Acts of the Apostles  Repent

Overall, I would rate Osteen's remarks on a scale from 1 to 10 with 1 being the lowest and 10 the best as a 1.  I think overall his comments were very politically correct, so as not to offend anyone. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Osteen is like white gravy on unsalted mashed potatoes; looks to have substance but completely washed out and tasteless.  I turn him off immediately if he comes on TBN, etc. and change channels if he's on some talk show.  He is simply too PC and preaches nothing but 'pray for money, pray for money, pray for money.'  God's not a piggy bank nor is He adaptable to changing mores.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,253
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Maybe it is more like frosting. Smells good, looks good, tastes good, and especially it makes you feel good; but there aren't many nutrients for growth and repair or for sustaining health. Scurvy or Rickettes, maybe? Gotta eat them brussels sprouts!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

Now I can see both sides of this discussion , i truly can,

http://biblehub.com/mark/9-40.htm

Now to me this Scripture, DOESN'T by any stretch of the imagination mean that "Anything goes"

I personally believe that to the best of Mr. Osteen's ability he answered.....I think that to the best of his ability, he's trying to be uplifting to the body of CHRIST....Is he going about it the right way??.....That's a matter of interpretation......

I wonder if  any of us discussing this were in his shoes, would we do any better???

it's easy to sit on the sidelines and play monday morning quarterback .....

"you want to be great? then learn how to heal...to hurt is easy"

Only GOD HIMSELF KNOW's This man's heart.....

Is Joel Osteen a "Blab it and Grab it" preacher?? or is he trying to inspire the body of CHRIST and just doing it wrong???

I personally don't know the answer to this.....Do any of you??( It's just a question)