IGNORED

"And the earth gave forth" God made us by way of evolution.

fromeasttowest

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

This is the case for the belief that God made everything by way of an evolving process (which was his creative idea) to disguise himself from man a little bit so that we believe in Him by faith.  

I believe Jesus literally turned water into wine, I believe He is God incarnate.  It amazes me how He spoke in constant parables.  How, out of his love he mercifully hid the truth so that only those with an ear to hear could understand.  Because if he spoke plainly and all the people heard him, and some of them still turned away after it was spoken plainly to them, then they would have been guilty of a far greater sin. A deliberate sin.  He gave analogies to describe the truth so that the the people who weren't ready to handle it were only guilty of ignorance.

Now with that said we have to understand that everything in the bible is TRUE.  However when Jesus told us to be like doves he didn't mean for us to try to lay eggs right? So obviously there are some figurative truths and rhetorical devices in the bible like prophetic language, psalms, poems, similes, metaphors, anthropomorphism (the rocks cry out), as well as the passages that are meant to be understood literally (Jesus rose from the dead).  We have to be adults about this and read the Bible according to context...duh we all know that right? :-) So with that said.

I want to voice what I believe. And I'd like to hear feedback. And I'll probably debate. I've prayed about it for the last few years, and no one can type that Jesus Christ is Lord except by the Holy Spirit, So JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!...

I hated evolution. I knew all the Christian arguments against it.  But now I have to confess that us Christians have evolution all wrong.

Here is a spiritual understanding of the creation story.

Each day is an evolutionary milestone from the perspective of human beings.  When you take a step back (way back)you see that what happens each day corresponds with the evolutionary sequence science claims today.  

1 God made light ....................... big bang explosion of energy 

2 Waters from waters.................. atmosphere.

3 Dry ground appears...................H2O oceans develop

Vegetation                                photosynthetic algae sludge.

4 Stars, planets sun moon............Life is evolving according to the circadian rhythm 

for telling times, seasons,

signs

5 living creatures in water..............horseshoe crabs and fish to amphibians to reptiles to dinosaurs to birds  

and then birds in sky

6   living creatures on earth............mammals

man

Obviously there are eons and eons in between the lines.

Here's some helpful hints in Genesis which point to evolution.   "And the earth gave forth"  (It doesn't say God created it out of thin air even though of course he could have if he wanted to do it that way) "And the earth yielded...after their kind and after their kind." (Describing the passing down of genetic traits in a language that a man 15 thousand years ago could understand.)  Pantheism was the belief structure of people everywhere when the story of creation was first being told and pantheism is what it is trying to expose as a false understanding.   

The word Spirit in Hebrew derives from the word breath.  The breath of life that God breathed into Adam and Eve wasn't some kind of Frankenstein thing. It's describing the act of God giving two evolved homo sapiens spirits so that they could communicate with him.  All the other evolved humans were simply hyper intelligent primates with a soul and body but no spirit.  So in this sense Adam and Eve really are the first true humans like us today.  That's why God makes the distinction between sons of God (spiritless humans) and human women (those with the spirit).  The spiritless humans were evil so he wiped them out in the flood leaving only the people with the spirit.  Oh and the mighty men of old, the giants, the nephilum it talks about -neanderthals.  

Anyways to sum this up, when it says we were made in his image, the Hebrew word for "image" is better reflected by the word "likeness." In other passages likeness and image are used interchangeably.  God doesn't look like a primate like we do lol.  It means just like how God is made up of Jesus, God the Father, and the Holy Spirit so we are made up of three parts. Body, soul and spirit.

Our soul is a creative shadow of God the Father

Our spirit is a creative shadow of the Holy Spirit

Our body is a creative shadow of Jesus

This is how we are made in "His image."

Anyway doesn't this make more sense?  If an all powerful and all knowing and all encompassing Creator were to create a reality with little self aware spirit creatures to talk to and to love wouldn't he do it by a structured system and not like some mere magician.  

God loves us so much more than we can fathom.  

PS. If you are a Christian please go buy a Hebrew and Greek lexicon so you can understand that Hebrew is a dynamic, spherical language.  And our Greek based english is a static straight meaning language. Some things get misrepresented a little during the translation process. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

This forum is the Welcome Forum, designed for new members to say Hi and to introduce your self. It is not a place for a discussion on specific questions, suggestions or requests.

If you are answering a post, just welcome the new member and wait to join the conversation they present when they post in the proper forums.

Lately, this forum has taken on the identity of the General Forum and this is not what the Welcome Forum is meant to be.

After 5 posts, the new member can start a thread in the proper forum to discuss what is on their minds. Be respectful to the guidelines of each forum and enjoy your time with us!

God Bless.  

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/163350-please-read-before-you-start-a-thread/

If you go to the forum page and start a thread saying hello and that you have just joined; others respond and you can reply back, you will soon have five posts. You can also tell us a bit about yourself in that thread. 

Welcome to Worthy.  :thumbsup:

Welcome~!

~

Do You Believe In The Jesus Of The Bible

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:  Ephesians 3:9

Or The Jesus Of The Evolutionary Tales

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? Isaiah 45:9

Please Tell Us A Little Of Yourself

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

This forum is the Welcome Forum, designed for new members to say Hi and to introduce your self. It is not a place for a discussion on specific questions, suggestions or requests.

If you are answering a post, just welcome the new member and wait to join the conversation they present when they post in the proper forums.

Lately, this forum has taken on the identity of the General Forum and this is not what the Welcome Forum is meant to be.

After 5 posts, the new member can start a thread in the proper forum to discuss what is on their minds. Be respectful to the guidelines of each forum and enjoy your time with us!

God Bless.  

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/163350-please-read-before-you-start-a-thread/

If you go to the forum page and start a thread saying hello and that you have just joined; others respond and you can reply back, you will soon have five posts. You can also tell us a bit about yourself in that thread. 

Welcome to Worthy.  :thumbsup:

oops oh okay 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Hi there and welcome to Worthy :mgcheerful: blessings as you fellowship with us

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Welcome and God bless you :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  338
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  4

Welcome  :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/20/1987

Welcome to Worthy!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Hi, fromeasttowest, and welcome to Worthy!  :mgbowtie:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

I thought that this was the science faith forum but welcome anyway. About your timeline... Sensible but doesn't it conflict with Genesis 1, 24 hour days? And Gen 2 about bringing life to dust? I'm not saying that I am against evolution, although I do have a reservation about that. But reading the Biblical events sequence and its zenith (creation of man) seem to be at odds with what you propose.

I would always advise caution when describing that scientific theories fulfill Biblical teachings. Scientific hypotheses and theories sometimes are changed or abandoned (particularly cosmology but also in life sciences) and then where are you? I recently heard William Lane Craig refer to singularity as if it were fact. We should know better. Personally, I am of Gould's Nonoverlapping Magesteria mindset.

Edited by gray wolf