• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Beloved Sister,RustyAngel

Praise Jesus,there is so much to learn from Pauls captivity & the  way he responded to it,He chose to be Free in Christ,,,,,many people would have" BLOCKED THAT BLESSING" but not the man that was thrown from his horse the day he was on the road to Damascus! You have been asking me to post something on what I hold fast to"Don't block your Blessings" & I have been waiting on the Lord....Well Sis,here it is!

Jesus Christ paid a very big price,the ultimate price that we be free.....yes,he took all the sins of the world into His own Sinless Body & hung on that tree that we may live unto His righteousness & also be healed by His Stripes........that righteousness is the Truth,Gods Timeless Truth & in the Truth He sets us Free   He made for us that New & Living Way He conseccrated that we pass through the Veil(His Flesh)into the Hoiy of Holies & come to the Father,before the Throne of Grace........Now we passed from death into Everlasting Life & the reconciliation to our Father & by our faith in Jesus the Father gives us"His Grace"

Besides being saved,the ravaging of His flesh into unrecognition,the humiliation,torment,brutality and horrific agonizing death Christ suffered in our place we can also live a more abundant life full of many blessings to behold & live in,in His righteousness,In hes righteousness there is no condemnation..............this is what Paul knew,Paul knew what the Savior did for him...because Jesus told him

He knocked him off his horse(get off your high horse)& He told him

Paul was not bound by sin condemnation,not bound by hatred,bitterness,worry,doubt,resentment,fear,pride,vanity,larrogance......no chains were going to keep him from being free to preach,bless,praise,worship,teach,pray.......he received because he knew what it meant to "not block his blessings" He was fully committed to Christ,without reservation,,,,,not bound by his flesh,he walked in spirit & in truth & he lived in blessing & favor

Surrender,be free......"Don't block your Blessings"

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Kwik, you are so full of wisdom.  This is just  what we as believers need to hear.  I like Paul thank  God  upon every remembrance of you (which by the way is everyday).  We need to hear your type of wisdom and the love you have for people in a lost and dying world.  Thank you my sister for being all you are and for  being a willing vessel for God to do His work through you  to reach those who need to know Jesus.   Love you my sister!

Because He Lives!  Rusty

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

Today's sermon in church came from Philippians Chapter 1.

Paul is in prison, I'm sure in chains and has endured his share of beatings. He used words like peace, grace and joy. He is praying for believers all over the world,  He is constantly encouraging the church to continue the work that God gave them to do until Jesus returns.

Paul was caught in between going home to be with Christ or staying where he was, so he could continue in the ministry that God had called him to. To him  it was a win win situation.

I was struck by just how free Paul was.  In prison in chains yet he was more free then we are in our everyday lives.

It was brought up in that same sermon that our heart beats only because God's hand is on us.  If He removes His Hand from us we die.  

I am not a morning person, I find myself getting up letting my dogs outside and not even giving the sun and the vivid blue sky a glance.  I was reminded that every morning we need to start each day with words like,  "Thank you Lord for another day that You are keeping my heart beating.  Thank you for Your promise that You will never  leave me or forsake me. Thank you just for being who You are in me. Thank you for Your constant forgiveness that is mine  just for the asking.  Thank you that someday my home, my real home, will be in Heaven with You, but thank you most of all,and may I  never forget this, the sacrifice that it took to give me this gift of eternal life."

I believe that if we start each day  with words of praise and thanksgiving, we, like our brother Paul, can be more free when we ever thought possible.  Even when the mountains loom in front us or when we have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death we can rest assured that God is already there on the other side.  All we need to do is reach out for that nail scared  Hand and hold on and know that in spite of the of the battles going on around us, God has already won the war.  Praise God!

Yes, Paul was chained.  But the error that this epistle was written from prison has been repeated over & over.  Take a look at the end of Acts. 

" And he abode two whole years in his own hired dwelling, and received all that went in unto him,  preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching the things concerning the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness, none forbidding him."

Paul was under house arrest in Rome.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

very nice sermon...after all the pain paul had to endure, i'm sure he didnt know his writings would of made it in the bible, its amazing, and here we are reading the bible, he left a mark.

Amen desi, because in Paul's heart it was  never about him but Jesus only.

You raise the question as to whether Paul knew that his writings would be in the Bible; that is, part of scripture.

On this, one can read what Paul says about his own writings:

< 1 Cor 14:  "If any man thinks himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him take knowledge of the things which I write unto you, that they are the commandment of the Lord."

Peter regarded Paul's writings as scripture:

< 2 Pet 3:  "And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also, according to the wisdom given to him, wrote to you;  16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; wherein are some things hard to be understood, which the ignorant and unstedfast wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

Amen

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

The fact that Paul felt free inside of a prison cell is enough for me. Being in a small confined space like that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't feel free at all. And the fact that he still had the courage to write to everybody on the out side and still preach the good news is amazing. I am thankful for every day I take a breath and I encouraged by the word the God has given us. With out the Lord's word and guidance some days I would truly be lost!!

Paul was in chains. So that he could preach others about Christ. Though in chains, he wanted to be free only when Christ set him free. Even if it meant in death or being a maytr. As earth was not his real home, only heaven and Christ were. As he wanted people to see.

I guess Paul is a personal favorite of mine. He demonstrates what it is to be joyful simply because he lived his purpose, which was to serve Christ. All these places where Paul went, all the things he did, all of the circumstances surrounding Paul both good and bad, is only where Paul had to go to answer the call upon his life. No matter what his need or condition, Paul was always happy because he was in the midst of answering God's call upon his life. It was always by far the most important thing to him.

Fascinating individual.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Today's sermon in church came from Philippians Chapter 1.

Paul is in prison, I'm sure in chains and has endured his share of beatings. He used words like peace, grace and joy. He is praying for believers all over the world,  He is constantly encouraging the church to continue the work that God gave them to do until Jesus returns.

Paul was caught in between going home to be with Christ or staying where he was, so he could continue in the ministry that God had called him to. To him  it was a win win situation.

I was struck by just how free Paul was.  In prison in chains yet he was more free then we are in our everyday lives.

It was brought up in that same sermon that our heart beats only because God's hand is on us.  If He removes His Hand from us we die.  

I am not a morning person, I find myself getting up letting my dogs outside and not even giving the sun and the vivid blue sky a glance.  I was reminded that every morning we need to start each day with words like,  "Thank you Lord for another day that You are keeping my heart beating.  Thank you for Your promise that You will never  leave me or forsake me. Thank you just for being who You are in me. Thank you for Your constant forgiveness that is mine  just for the asking.  Thank you that someday my home, my real home, will be in Heaven with You, but thank you most of all,and may I  never forget this, the sacrifice that it took to give me this gift of eternal life."

I believe that if we start each day  with words of praise and thanksgiving, we, like our brother Paul, can be more free when we ever thought possible.  Even when the mountains loom in front us or when we have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death we can rest assured that God is already there on the other side.  All we need to do is reach out for that nail scared  Hand take hold and hold on and know that in spite of the of the battles going on around us, God has already won the war.  Praise God!

Amen, sister Rustyangel.

You are a light to Worthy.

God Bless you.

Your brother in Christ,

KPaulG.