Guest DRS81

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

I just wrote this to a good friend of mine (in Christ) who lives in NJ. Check it out...

I just got done watching a dvd about the book of revelation. I have questions. This book was written in the first century so why do some proclaim it is speaking about future prophecy (we in 2013) are waiting to see? This dvd says that satan is bound up RIGHT NOW, and that if we tell him to flee he will. So they're saying in the dvd that satan WASN'T bound up in the first century? When exactly was satan bound up, and if he's bound up why is he allowed to still tempt us? If he's bound up, is satan still seeking whom he may devour. Or was he seeking whom to devour in the first century only? If satan is bound up then why is there so many wars and famine and distress now??

Also, why is the world still here 21 centuries later if the persecution against christians was that bad back in the first century. Where exactly are we biblically or (mentally) in 2013 if many things in Revelation already came to pass and satan is bound up. Why are we still here? Why is life still happening? I mean, my God 21 centuries later??!!! What is Jesus waiting for?? Why not come now??

For example, Jesus could of simply came in the 17th century and have ended existence there. Think about it, if God knew me even before I was born then why create me in mothers womb in the first place. Why not end life in the 17th century and have the rest of his children live out their lives in heaven and the new earth. Why keep the pain going on earth? Why risk MORE people going to hell? What's God's purpose or plan for us left on this earth in the 21st century? What does the Bible say about the 21st century if it was written way back when. Take your time answering. - David :)

I will use Isaiah the prophet in the OT for an example.  The book of Isaiah is also a prophetic book speaking of future events that are still going to come to pass.  Just as the book of Revelation is a prophetic book concerning end-time events.  John like Isaiah was a prophet of God.  Isaiah was one of the first of the writting prophets in that they were given vision from God during the time they lived on earth and they wrote what God had shown them in the visions along with the words God spoke to them to proclaim.  Isaiah was a prophet to the southern kingdom Judah in his day in the year King Uzziah had died this was in 740 bc.   He prophesied during and through the reigns of the kings Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, on into King Manasseh's evil reign.  Isaiah's prophetic ministry also covered the same time period in Judah when the northern kingdom had fell into captivity to the Assyrians in 722 bc  He proclaimed God's power over the other gods in hopes that Judah would maintain their faithfulness to God thus avoiding the fate of the northern kingdom.  Isaiah warned and foretold of coming judgment on the various nations during his time if they did not return to God the one true and living God and forsake their idol.  But the nations did not listen and judgment came and the northern kingdom of Israel never was restored and became what is known as the 10 lost tribes of Israel as they were scattered abroad because of idolatry.

But not only do we have the history of the nation of Israel given to us in Isaiah's writtings during the time he lived on earth we were also given prophecies that foretold of the future coming of Christ even though it hadn't happened yet in that time.  Isaiah 51 gives a heart wrenching view of the sufferings Christ would endure on the cross.  In conjuction as believers when we read Isaiah's book we can gain a deeper significance and insight to the Messianic prophecies that were also prophesied back in his time the 1000 year millenial reign of peace that is also recorded in the book of Revelation still to come to pass in the future.

God all the way back in Genesis spoke forth things in the future that didn't come to pass at that time in history for example in Genesis 3:15 - And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.  God foretold to Satan that he would be defeated in the fight.  As we know that Christ defeated Satan on the cross but we also know that even though Christ was victorious over the devil it was costly as the suffering of the cross bruised the heel of Christ it was not a pretty battle that went on that Christ and Satan went through on our behalf.    But we also know that when God spoke those words back in Genesis when he was cursing the devil for what he done in deceiving Eve that it did not happen in that time period.  Instead Christ came at the appointed time in history according to God's will and not man's.

God also in the book of Revelation when the apostle John was on the isle of patmos came to him was told to write down the things he was going to show him.  And as he saw visions from God and the angel gave him the interpretation of the things he was shown by God he was instructed to write it down and send a copy of the book of Revelation to all seven of the churches Paul had established during his missionary journey's.  They were given strick instructions that no one was to add to or take away from the prophetic writings of John's book of Revelation.  Because it foretold to the church what the role of Christ would be during the end-time events on earth.  As Christ hasn't finished his work in this earth yet.  But the work of the cross was finished at his death burial and resurrection.  Although those prophetic visions given to John in Revelation did come to pass in the time of John doesn't mean they want happen but just as the prophecies of old have come to pass and were sure the things in Revelation will take place in this earth at their appointed time even if we never see it in our lifetime.  Christ birth was foretold but a many generations went by that never witnessed or encounter the miracles that Jesus did and his death burial and resurrection in their time on earth.  But we have a record of the many who did get to witness these things during their time perion in this earth.  Faith is the evidence of things not seen as God told doubting Thomas blessed are they that have believed and have not seen.

God's time is simply not our time he does and brings about his will in his set order and there are many who have given up on the things foretold in the bible.  This too happened in Jeremiah's time as the last days came to a close and judgment came but God waited and was longsuffering with them they wouldn't listen to the warnings given by Jeremiah the prophet.  Not one would listen to him and repent but we can have peace in knowing God is true to his word and he will bring it to pass in his time and in his set order. (1 Corinthians 15:23-28).  So I think all the why's belong with God as it is his will and purpose that will be fullfilled and brought to pass in this earth we live in at his appointed time.  And thanks should be given on our part in that we have this knowledge of what is coming to pass on this earth and of Christ's return so we want be caught unaware should these things happen during our lifetime.  Hope this helps blessings as you seek HIM.        

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Both.  It speaks of things that have happened and things that are to come.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

If the book of Revelation was written about what happened in the 1st century, then why do some proclaim this book is about the future in which some scripture hasn't happened yet. If these things were written in the 1st century, all the persecution, if it was that bad back then..then why isn't the world over by now. For example, when Revelation says "the time is near". The time was near in the "1st century" with the battle of Rome. Or does the first half of Revelation talk about the 1st century and the other half about the second coming of Christ? I just got done watching 'The Beast Revelation Identified' DVD. It was really good and very interesting.

Sometimes I have to wonder if we are missing something.  I mean, it seems that people are expecting to see some big prophecies fulfilled like quickly... and it's done.    I have come to the understanding that those big end time prophecies like Isaiah 17:1, and Rev. 8:11 are being fulfilled over a time frame, like in a slow motion sort of way, that you barely see it, and if you aren't watching closely, you will miss it.  

Could we be so busy being preoccupied and waiting for certain prophecies in Revelation to be fulfilled that we can't see the forest for the trees?

Some are waiting for everything to be crammed into a seven year trib period, while others think a three and one-half year period, with a big literal blast of the trumpet announcing them and they may be missing the fact that fulfillment of some of these prophecies has already begun.  For instance, the massive die offs of sea animals we have seen over the past few years and still happening.  This is an unprecedented  event.  This very well could be the prophetic fulfillment of one third of sea life being killed as foretold.  It doesn't necessarily have to be in one massive die off bang,   it's done.  People need to realize that one-third of sea life could very well already be on the way to be gone.

If the book of Revelation was written about what happened in the 1st century, then why do some proclaim this book is about the future in which some scripture hasn't happened yet. If these things were written in the 1st century, all the persecution, if it was that bad back then..then why isn't the world over by now. For example, when Revelation says "the time is near". The time was near in the "1st century" with the battle of Rome. Or does the first half of Revelation talk about the 1st century and the other half about the second coming of Christ? I just got done watching 'The Beast Revelation Identified' DVD. It was really good and very interesting.

Sometimes I have to wonder if we are missing something.  I mean, it seems that people are expecting to see some big prophecies fulfilled like quickly... and it's done.    I have come to the understanding that those big end time prophecies like Isaiah 17:1, and Rev. 8:11 are being fulfilled over a time frame, like in a slow motion sort of way, that you barely see it, and if you aren't watching closely, you will miss it.  

Could we be so busy being preoccupied and waiting for certain prophecies in Revelation to be fulfilled that we can't see the forest for the trees?

Some are waiting for everything to be crammed into a seven year trib period, while others think a three and one-half year period, with a big literal blast of the trumpet announcing them and they may be missing the fact that fulfillment of some of these prophecies has already begun.  For instance, the massive die offs of sea animals we have seen over the past few years and still happening.  This is an unprecedented  event.  This very well could be the prophetic fulfillment of one third of sea life being killed as foretold.  It doesn't necessarily have to be in one massive die off bang,   it's done.  People need to realize that one-third of sea life could very well already be on the way to be gone.

Tribulation first/rapture second. There will be a great falling away and suffering of the saints..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Tribulation first/rapture second. There will be a great falling away and suffering of the saints..

How unfortunate it is for those who do not see that great tribulation covers a great portion of the earth for those who abide in Christ; even more unfortunate it is for those who do not see that the great falling away and great suffering of God's saints  has been happening for many years, so much so  that those "in the church" cannot see it.

Slow motion now then boom!

Joel 2:1

Blow a trumpet in Zion; sound an alarm on my holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming; it is near

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/05/1959

Truth is present, and the is, was, and is to come, the perception of time given to us by our soul, which relates itself to the spirit of prophecy, or the testimony of Jesus Christ, as something firstly happening in us. But it is not to be confused with the Word of God which is the present truth, which by these two we overcome this image of a beast, or abomination that is in the holy place (which equates to our soul and provokes God to jealousy), which makes our perception a wilderness to us.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/05/1959

How unfortunate it is for those who do not see that great tribulation covers a great portion of the earth for those who abide in Christ; even more unfortunate it is for those who do not see that the great falling away and great suffering of God's saints  has been happening for many years, so much so  that those "in the church" cannot see it.

Slow motion now then boom!

Joel 2:1

Blow a trumpet in Zion; sound an alarm on my holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming; it is near

It's been like this for the last 2 days (or 2000 years), we are now in the morning of the third day, and the last two days equating itself with Pentecost, but these are feasts that happen in us which those things without testify to. The soul's rule (harlots) over the kings of the earth collectively is coming to an end. The book of Revelation is such that if we don't understand how it relates to something happening in us, we can't understand how this applies to the earth as a whole, the book itself becoming a bottomless pit or an endless wandering to us.

Edited by x141