GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

#2) WHY did God the Father lay ALL sickness and disease on Jesus' body at the cross, and then say "By His stripes, ye were healed."? What purpose did this serve and why did God lay all sickness and disease on HIS body? (Hint: it wasn't for HIS sake, in the same way that at the cross Jesus didn't become poor for HIS sake, and at the cross Jesus didn't use His faith to take on ALL sin into His body for HIS sake). Now why would God do that? What did God accomplish with that, and WHY?

Please provide specific Scriptural passages in support of your point #2 so I can understand where you are getting the above from.

God bless,

GE

Jesus Prays on the Mount of Olives

39 Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. 40 On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” 41 He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, 42 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” 43 An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. 44 And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

Can you explain what you are trying to say here DRS81 with Luke 22:39-43 please?

God bless,

GE

When people celebrate Easter, I don't think people truly understand the suffering that went down in those few days. The stress in his body that night while praying to the Father was so intense that his capillaries burst in his forehead and produced blood. Our Lord Jesus knew that he was about to take on the sins of ALL of humanity. Think about the scourging, the mocking, the crown of thorns piercing his forehead, taking up his cross and walking to the hills, the cross pressing up against his wounds, crawling to his redemption, nails being hammered into his hands (or wrists) and feet. Not only did he do this, what's really amazing to me is that he did all this without an evil bone in his body. Then at the peak of his suffering being nailed to the cross, he forgave us. Think about that for a second.

Whatever you're going through, Jesus knows your suffering. It's important to understand the ideology of the word suffering. Suffering brings intimacy with the Lord. We suffer in His body, what a blessing that is. And to add to his devotion of love, Our Lord Jesus knowing he was about to suffer greatly, humbled himself and washed the feet of his disciples at the last supper. Even at the core of his will when it counted the most, he put his needs behind his friends. He washed the feet of the one's who were also nailing him to the cross. This is love.

When you are weak, HE is strong! Allow him to work in you, and you will find what you've been looking for. These are the characteristics of the Father, the God that we worship. (2 Cor 12:10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.) (2 Cor 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.) I have good news for you little lamb of God. - DRS81

Jesus Prays on the Mount of Olives

39 Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. 40 On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” 41 He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, 42 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” 43 An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. 44 And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

Can you explain what you are trying to say here DRS81 with Luke 22:39-43 please?

God bless,

GE

When people celebrate Easter, I don't think people truly understand the suffering that went down in those few days. The stress in his body that night while praying to the Father was so intense that his capillaries burst in his forehead and produced blood. Our Lord Jesus knew that he was about to take on the sins of ALL of humanity. Think about the scourging, the mocking, the crown of thorns piercing his forehead, taking up his cross and walking to the hills, the cross pressing up against his wounds, crawling to his redemption, nails being hammered into his hands (or wrists) and feet. Not only did he do this, what's really amazing to me is that he did all this without an evil bone in his body. Then at the peak of his suffering being nailed to the cross, he forgave us. Think about that for a second.

Whatever you're going through, Jesus knows your suffering. It's important to understand the ideology of the word suffering. Suffering brings intimacy with the Lord. We suffer in His body, what a blessing that is. And to add to his devotion of love, Our Lord Jesus knowing he was about to suffer greatly, humbled himself and washed the feet of his disciples at the last supper. Even at the core of his will when it counted the most, he put his needs behind his friends. He washed the feet of the one's who were also nailing him to the cross. This is love.

When you are weak, HE is strong! Allow him to work in you, and you will find what you've been looking for. These are the characteristics of the Father, the God that we worship. (2 Cor 12:10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.) (2 Cor 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.) I have good news for you little lamb of God. - DRS81

Amen DRS81!

Whatever we are going through Jesus knows our suffering.

When we are are weak it points back to our need for God. It's a reminder really.

My pastor said today... "Let us not mistake God's silence for His absence." ~ J

Great post. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

To test our faith and strengthen our relationship with God...but he will never give us more than we can endure. However, the Devil will tempt you as well, and if you give into temptation, then it will weaken your relationship with God. We must discern when God is testing us and when the devil is tempting us, and the Bible can help with figuring out the difference.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Where to begin - there are about 10 things to reply to here.....They are all ultimately tied up in the same thing, but distinctions must be made.

As for my brother DRS81, I don't know what you are insinuating...? If the reference is to Jesus suffering, notice He only suffered as the Lamb of God going to the cross, and it was because it was the only way to legally buy us back as the Second Adam.

And GE, in reference to his post - notice that when DRS81, as Paul also, says that when he is weak, THEN he is STRONG. In other words, the weakness is GONE. The hardship, whatever, is gone. Because the anointing in Paul would change the situation and he relied on it - for it says in Phil 4:13 he can do all things through Christ WHICH (not Who) strengthens him. Christ is the Greek for Messiah and is left untranslated in the Bible - translated, without losing anything, it literally means "The Anointed One and His anointing" or "The Anointed One" or "The anointing" depending on where it is used. He also heavily relied on the grace of God which is literally the favor of God, which is why Paul constantly talked about it and wanted to make sure the churches that partnered with him knew it and walked in it. And that is why you see that God (who never takes care of the Devil for you since He has left it up to you to carry that out) tell Paul to use His grace on the Devil trying to stir people up against him - and that is how you see that Paul, who used the favor released to him (and all Believers), tell Timothy God delivered out of ALL the junk the Devil tried to bust him up with at Lystra, Derbe, and Iconium.

Notice Paul says he was delivered OUT, not through. It is popular to preach that God wants to deliver you "through" your circumstances, but over and over again, you see God delivers His people OUT of circumstances. And as it is written, not one of the righteous has their bones broken. (But if you don't KNOW that you're already righteous, that's a different problem).

Edited by TheCurseOfTheRodain

Hey GE,

I did not say fear is not the beginning of wisdom as God says it is - what I said was, fear in these Scriptures to our society means "frightened, scared, terrified, etc". Fear in the dialect of English that it is translated into is "to have great reverence for, to stand in awe of", essentially realizing you are the creation, God is the Creator - He knows it all and if you ever want to accomplish anything, have anything, do anything, be anything for yourself, for others - you must depend on Him, or else be a fool and get a fool's results.

So, with that understanding, when I say Job was in fear, in this context, he actually IS scared. You see WHY he acted like that, and later out of his own mouth, he says, "Behold, the thing I greatly feared has come upon me." And you see that same statement in Proverbs multiple times and THAT is why you see fear opens the door for the Devil, while faith opens the door for God. Still think I'm wrong on this? Spend some time fearing and see what happens, versus spend time only in faith, see what happens.

Jesus told Jairus, "Fear not! Believe only, and she shall be made whole." Now if Jairus couldn't do that, if he was incapable of not fearing when his daughter had just died, then Jesus would be unjust. He will never tell us to do something we can't. Notice He didn't tell him, TRY not to fear, He said, "Fear not!" because if he DID fear - the result would have been no miracle for his daughter. His daughter's miracle was tied up in his faith in Jesus. ANY fear, Jesus says no miracle. Not because He doesn't want to, but because fear tolerated is faith contaminated - it takes faith only.

Can't ever find one time that Jesus was in fear - and that, with the anointing and the Spirit of the Father, is how He did everything and got everything. Never teach yourself or others to fear - it will only end up getting you killed, stolen from or destroyed.

I'll get on to point #2 now, but I have to get going.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone

and to you,Golden Eagle...

When the Lord leads me to testify of His Mercy,Compassion & Power to heal incurable terminal disease to someone who is frightened,lost,alone or losing faith...I have been blessed to give Him Glory.I have  had my share(& probably enough for a few)of pain and suffering and I have been taught the frailty of life and to appreciate and be thankful every time I awake in the morning by Almighty Gods Mercy.....Every time I writhe in pain I say,"It can only get better"and it seems it only gets worse-lol......but it can never compare to what Christ suffered for me that I may have eternal joy & happiness with Him one day.......When everything around me seems to be falling to pieces I hold on to my favorite Word God has spoken "My Grace is sufficient".....

The details of my suffering would not give God Glory but the fact that He spared me from death does,when all doctors said I would not live.....Before being stricken with cancer I earned a profitable living & acquired many things,I was always self sufficient but I did not give glory to the One Who gave me the means to do so & now disabled & living on a fixed income I have learned Who Jehovah Jireh really is and when 1+ 1 does not equal 2,He still provides for me.

God has allowed,not allowed(wrong word)......God has given me the honor & privilege to become a living testimony to be used by Him according to His Will & purpose,to bless,to help,to encourage,to give Him Glory ,Honor & Praise.My Heavenly Father trusted me,that I  would not lose Faith.....How could I not trust Him?So I have learned through trials and tribulation to make each day count as though it were my very last and to be so truly grateful that He has placed me in the Loving Hand of my Lord & Savior,Christ Jesus......My Lord has not caused one second of pain or grief in my life but through it all He has never left my side........it has gotten mighty hot as we walk through the fire together but I have never been burned,even the clothes on my back have never smelled of smoke!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

To test our faith and strengthen our relationship with God...but he will never give us more than we can endure. However, the Devil will tempt you as well, and if you give into temptation, then it will weaken your relationship with God. We must discern when God is testing us and when the devil is tempting us, and the Bible can help with figuring out the difference.

Hey Daniel/Paty welcome to the forums! :thumbsup:

I agree God sometimes allows tests in our lives to test our faith and draw us closer to Himself.

But question, where does the BIble say God will never give us more than we can endure?

God bless,

GE

Where to begin - there are about 10 things to reply to here.....They are all ultimately tied up in the same thing, but distinctions must be made.

As for my brother DRS81, I don't know what you are insinuating...? If the reference is to Jesus suffering, notice He only suffered as the Lamb of God going to the cross, and it was because it was the only way to legally buy us back as the Second Adam.

And GE, in reference to his post - notice that when DRS81, as Paul also, says that when he is weak, THEN he is STRONG. In other words, the weakness is GONE. The hardship, whatever, is gone. Because the anointing in Paul would change the situation and he relied on it - for it says in Phil 4:13 he can do all things through Christ WHICH (not Who) strengthens him. Christ is the Greek for Messiah and is left untranslated in the Bible - translated, without losing anything, it literally means "The Anointed One and His anointing" or "The Anointed One" or "The anointing" depending on where it is used. He also heavily relied on the grace of God which is literally the favor of God, which is why Paul constantly talked about it and wanted to make sure the churches that partnered with him knew it and walked in it. And that is why you see that God (who never takes care of the Devil for you since He has left it up to you to carry that out) tell Paul to use His grace on the Devil trying to stir people up against him - and that is how you see that Paul, who used the favor released to him (and all Believers), tell Timothy God delivered out of ALL the junk the Devil tried to bust him up with at Lystra, Derbe, and Iconium.

Notice Paul says he was delivered OUT, not through. It is popular to preach that God wants to deliver you "through" your circumstances, but over and over again, you see God delivers His people OUT of circumstances. And as it is written, not one of the righteous has their bones broken. (But if you don't KNOW that you're already righteous, that's a different problem).

As I understand it... Paul's weakness wasn't gone. But Paul did understand that His weakness meant that he had to rely on God's strength. Paul even said he was content in weakness enduring insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. I don't see where God delivered Paul out of this said thorn in the flesh... Paul was contrasting his weakness with God's strength. :thumbsup:

2 Cor. 12:7-10

So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations,a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

God bless,

GE