IGNORED

A vital question: How to identify a person is a Christian?

silviawang

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

kjv?but how about the person whose native language is not english?even modern english is difficult to me

so narrow minded

even JESUS himself could not read KJV

KJV? but how about the person whose native language is not English? even modern English is difficult to me

so narrow minded

:emot-heartbeat:

God Reads The Intent Of The Heart

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24 (KJV)

So Shakespeare's English Is Easy Enough For Jesus

(And I Think You Know It Too Beloved Sister :) )

~

Try The NIV

http://biblehub.com/nlt/genesis/1.htm

Or The ESV

http://biblehub.com/esv/genesis/1.htm

Or Perhaps Even The AKJV

http://biblehub.com/akjv/genesis/1.htm

And Learn American English Too

KJV? but how about the person whose native language is not English? even modern English is difficult to me

so narrow minded

:emot-heartbeat:

God Reads The Intent Of The Heart

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24 (KJV)

So Shakespeare's English Is Easy Enough For Jesus

(And I Think You Know It Too Beloved Sister :) )

~

Try The NIV

http://biblehub.com/nlt/genesis/1.htm

Or The ESV

http://biblehub.com/esv/genesis/1.htm

Or Perhaps Even The AKJV

http://biblehub.com/akjv/genesis/1.htm

And Learn American English Too

i only read NRSV,but about some important  sentence, i read KJV,either

http://www.devotions.net/bible/00bible.htm

I have learned english in school for 10 years,and in recent 10 years i learn Christian mainly in english

but english is still a problem to me

in 2005,i came here,at that time ,i tried my best to write in right grammar

but now i totally neglect it,bcs i find y can understand me,that's enough 

but i still say what i can say,can not say what i want to say

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

i only read NRSV,but about some important sentence, i read KJV,either

http://www.devotions.net/bible/00bible.htm

I have learned english in school for 10 years,and in recent 10 years i learn Christian mainly in english

but english is still a problem to me

in 2005,i came here,at that time ,i tried my best to write in right grammar

You know, you are reminding me of Jackie Chan in Rush Hour. :biggrinflip:

~

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,155
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

in 2005,i came here,at that time ,i tried my best to write in right grammar

Well, I for one enjoy reading your posts and I don't think I have any trouble understanding you at all.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

The Bible says you will know them by their fruits.  I know when I see good people but I can't tell you if they are Christians.  I know that in my heart I want to have the world to see the Jesus in me.  There are things I wont' do, I keep my talk clean, I try to respond to people as Jesus would.  Notice I said respond and not react.  Responding is more like Jesus would do.  Sometimes reacting can be harsh.  You can't just look at someone and know if they are a believer or not.  So look at their life, that will tell you a lot about them.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

The Bible says you will know them by their fruits. I know when I see good people but I can't tell you if they are Christians. I know that in my heart I want to have the world to see the Jesus in me. There are things I wont' do, I keep my talk clean, I try to respond to people as Jesus would. Notice I said respond and not react. Responding is more like Jesus would do. Sometimes reacting can be harsh. You can't just look at someone and know if they are a believer or not. So look at their life, that will tell you a lot about them.

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,140
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sylvia,

I have no trouble understanding anything you post,you are a delightful blessing to us all & I am so glad you are here ,Sister in Christ......Beloved Sister ,God has written His word on your heart,it is obvious in your questions & in your replies  and if you are comfortable with the NRSV then I believe you are fine....if you would like,perhaps you could download e-Sword to your computer(its free)and there you can compare many different versions to enhance your studies,it also has a Strongs dictionary for Hebrew & Greek referrance....God bless you...How do you tell  someone is a Christian?I posted "love" and it seems to me you are a good representation!    (Fresno Joes suggest6ion for biblehub is excellent too!)

Dear jetson,

It was I who asked you to try to be less judgemental towards others in post #25,I did not insinuate,I addressed you specifically and would be happy to join you in discussion about KJV,different denominations & the catholic church if you would like to start a thread in an appropriate forum......I can appreciate your zeal but there is a time,a place and a way to address your opinions....in love,patience,kindness and understanding.....God bless you and all Glory to God!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

thks kwikphilly ,i still try my best to learn english,i hope communicate with y thoroughly ,but i still can not achieve this

religion,faith...is the ultimate serious problem about life,it is not so easy

in 2003 ,i began my Christian journey,and took part in a chinese Christian forumbut it was been closed in 2007,i heard it was bcs that forum was established by the south Korean Christian community but as some south Korean Christians were been killed in Afghanistan in 2007,that  forum was been closed.

After that ,in 2007---2011,I tried to preach the good news in several biggest Chinese  forums,and argued with atheist, Buddhist,  Catholic, Muslim……but all I got is the argument,I really could not persuade them to be the Christian,

But in this period I myself got lots of knowledge,and full understanding of  religion ,and together with the experience walking and working with GOD.

In 2005 I came here, at the initial time I came here for 2 reasons

1-       in 2004 I tried began the career in international biz,I need to learn English, but now this reason was gone.

2-    I think the mainstream of Christian is in west, mainly in America (I mean the Protestant),as the Christian is too faraway from the Chinese culture, I think I need to learn the pureknowledge of Christian, so I read English Bible, listen to the American pastor, actually I find that the Chinese Bible Translation is too Chinese ,lots of sentences will cause misunderstanding ,I do not know how to explain it clearly ,but it is not my own opinion .i can not explain the  culture gap between the west and east, actually the biggest encouragement to my faith is not the thousands of sermons I listened, not the fellowship with brothers and sisters, but a Chinese who raised in USA shared his experience of faith,it's a great story, so the testimony how to keep the faith in life is vital in my way to understand Christian.

I have lots want to say ,but I do not know how to say, I want to communicate with y thoroughly all my understanding of religion, what I have experienced and learned in past 10 years, but language is a problem