IGNORED

Can every Believer be rich/blessed/favored/speak-in-tongues/be healed?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

A lot of well said things have been brought up by others as to the unbiblical contrary teachings that the Word of Faith brings.

I'll put out a bit of my short testimony dealings with one of their teachers, Kenneth Copeland:
Years ago, my newly wed wife and I had personally been to a Kenneth Copeland crusade in Philadelphia. We sat amongst thousands of people.
Not knowing much of Kenneth Copeland myself, I had heard along the way many good things of him from a few pastors and church folk, so I was looking forward to him speaking some Truth.
  From the moment I entered the place, I felt the grief of the Holy Spirit within me over the whole "business" at hand.  Droves of copying machines buzzing away VHS tapes to be sold after Ken Copeland spoke.  All about was much music, hype and emotionalism.  Ken on summarizing "his" teaching that late afternoon, taught all in his hearing on how you would be financially "blessed" with oodles of cash if you would just "sow your seed" into "Ken's" ministry. 

At one point, with Ken having much of the crowd worked up, he went on to tell all in attendance that he had a 100,000 mile car at some point in his life, and was "cursed" with that junk car that he symbolically kicked in the air at while he was muttering "piece of junk ... "
( At this time I was thinking how grateful I was for a well running  used car with 100,000 miles that I had recently purchased that brought us to this "crusade"...)
Ken Copeland went on to explain that during this time a man had come up to him with the keys to a brand new luxury Mercedes Benz!
Ken went on to ask the "lord" "what do I do?"
This "god" told him to drive it!
A long drawn out haw haww hawwww of laughter was then followed up by Ken as he pranced about the stage, with the crowd now in a emotional frenzy, shouting, clapping, jumping up and down, screaming, and yelling glory, glory, glooory!
(I found myself inwardly screaming damnatation, damnaaation!)
The One True Lord had me there in a stunned moment quietly looking around at this mass of people, who were frenzied over what?
Material, money, things of this world... This was not for the love of God, but a love for money!

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. (money)

2Pe 2:1-3 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

1Ti 6:5-11 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

Upon reading some of Ken Copeland's material and books a short time later, I knew him and many others like him to be teaching many things contrary to God and His Word. 
Ken believes lies like "I am god, a little god" New Age type teachings.  He, like nearly if not all in the "Word of Faith" believes his jesus died spiritually, and was tormented in Hell for three days and nights...  This is not found anywhere in Scripture.

The "seed faith" teaching Ken Copeland and many in the WOF bring does not line up with God's Word either ...
The majority of the time the word "seed" is used in the N/T it meant God's Word, such as the parable of the sower as in Luke 8:11-18.
Or genealogy, such as Paul mentioning his being of the seed of Abraham in 2Co 11:22

Add to all this, Kenneth Copeland is accountable to no one but himself where ministry money is concerned.
For years he has been one of the top 30 "Donor Alert" list that Ministry Watch puts out.
This is their 2011 Donor Alert list in PDF form: http://ministrywatch.com/pdf/donoralert2011.pdf
These folks do a great job on following money given towards ministries, and help folks make better choices if a ministry is not being forthright.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,177
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I had a shortened career in the Television Industry back in the mid 60's and into the 70's....    I've worked behind the camera's and control rooms during WOF productions and have/had friends who did so on a regular basis.    Among friends who are with most of these people the only major televangelist that I heard mostly good about was Billy Graham.

Yet that is not what you find, you hear thousands upon thousands of testimonies of people who have followed what they are being taught from the Bible and they DO reap. I and my wife are NOT in ministry and are not selling millions of CDs and such, and yet we are prospering as we have been learning to sow and reap according what the Holy Spirit has led us to do. Gal 6:6-7 Do not be deceived, God is NOT mocked, for whatsoever a man sows, THAT shall HE reap.

Rodain can you tell us where your money rewards from  "sowing" have come from ? 

Guest shiloh357

Yet that is not what you find, you hear thousands upon thousands of testimonies of people who have followed what they are being taught from the Bible and they DO reap. I and my wife are NOT in ministry and are not selling millions of CDs and such, and yet we are prospering as we have been learning to sow and reap according what the Holy Spirit has led us to do. Gal 6:6-7 Do not be deceived, God is NOT mocked, for whatsoever a man sows, THAT shall HE reap.

You have to follow this out logically. If people were NOT getting harvests from seeds (by the way the Biblical example is that YOU do the sowing and YOU do the reaping, but the increase comes from the Lord (that's the only thing that's automatic in Jesus' example, so people missing their harvests is not on anyone but sower, just like in the natural; a farmer doesn't blame God if his harvest sits out there in the field and he doesn't reap it (the harvest doesn't jump into his barns); you ask the Holy Spirit to lead you into your harvest and show you how to reap it, and you are to know what you've sown and what you've believed for on the harvest so that you know when you've gotten it all) THEN these ministries would die out quickly as shams.

But Kenneth Copeland says that even sinners can work the whole sowing and reaping principles and prosper.  In fact, I have listened to him make that case with my own ears.  He says that sinners prosper in this world because sowing and reaping is a law or principle that God engineered into the world when He created it. 

If a sinner can prosper, according to Copeland, by following these same biblical priinciples in their lives, then why do they need Jesus?  Why wouldn't sowing and reaping work for them in every area of their lives if it is a princicple that God has hardwired into creation?   According to Copeland, it will work for whoever does it.   So I don't really need a covenant from God to prosper if I adhere to the law of sowing and reaping.

That again, highlights why what you are claiming is really nothing more than a false gospel.   If I can sow and will reap an amazing harvest by virtue of my efforts, I don't need a covenant from God.   The prosperity gospel eliminates the need for God by making me a god in my own life.

Your prosperity is the result of a law that even sinners can use, according to Copeland.  You are not following God, you are producing your own proserity by following a natural law that an atheist or satan worshipper can access and not need Jesus to do so.   So how is sowing and reaping an argument for a "prosperity gospel?"

We're both saying the same thing: I said follow, you said imitate. Paul says to do what he's doing, either way. The point of my message stands, because you are following the example of those, who through faith AND patience inherit the promiseS (plural) as spoken in Hebrews.

Okay, but Paul didn't live in the kind of prosperity that you teach/claim.  Look at what Paul suffered for the Gospel:

Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I. Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft. Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches. Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not? If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.  2Co 11:22-30

But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity. Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.  Php 4:10-12

For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men. We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace; 1Cor. 4:9-11

But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things 2Cor. 6;4-10

There is nothing in Paul's words in those portions of Scripture that would agree with what prosperity teachers teach.  Paul, by the standards of most prosperity teachers, would have a "poverty mentality."   Yet prosperity teachers hi-jack Paul's own words to preach and teach prosperity, just like you did with that passage in Galatians.   Paul's own teachings show that he didn't preach or teach prosperity and his own testimony reveals that his life is the polar opposite of what prosperity teachers claim believers' lives are supposed to be like. 

Most people who "leave" the Word of Faith churches typically think that God's Kingdom is a formula, you plug in a and add b then you get c. And it never works that way.( You stand on the promises and laws in the Word, in faith, at the direction of the Holy Spirit and do what He says as He says and stay in faith, keeping what you've taken in faith with your patience, daily staying in faith, not speaking crosswise of what you've received by faith.)

SO, they get mad, naturally, because they don't understand how it didn't work, and instead of being willing to understand and seek God for the answers, they stay mad and go into a numbe state of resignation and quit using their faith and rail against those who do or encourage others to do so.

I guess what is confusing is that this prosperity that God promises is supposed to be gift of grace provided by God, via Jesus' death on the cross.  In fact, I have personally listened to Word of Faith teachers say that prosperity, healing and salvation are all wrapped up in one.  It's a package deal thanks to the New Covenant.  Having been redeemed from the "curse" of poverty should work the same way as being redeemed from the curse of healing and the curse of sin.   So, if that is the case, why if I don't have to work for or earn salvation from sin, if that is a free gift via Jesus' death on the cross, why doesn't prosperity work the same way?  

If it is a gift of grace via Jesus' death on the cross, then I should be able to approrpriate it the same way I appropriate salvation, purely by faith.   The problem is that I am seeing in your words a mixed message.  On the one hand, we are to prosper because Jesus lifted the curse that keeps from  prospering, but on the other hand, the reason we don't prosper is because we don't plant money seeds and we don't use the law of sowing and reaping and/or because we speak the wrong words.   So either it is a gift of God's grace OR it is the product of personal effort via sowing and reaping.  I mean, you can't argue this both ways.   You are simply not seeing the theological and internal inconsistency in what you are promoting.

So, we're following the examples. Just to give you one example: Kenneth Copeland BEFORE he was of any reputation had the modern day equivalent of over $700,000 of debt wiped out by sowing and reaping in just 11 months! That is astounding! Impossible, but doable. This was before he had any real ministry - it would have been in his first year of attending ORU. He didn't sell anything to get that, he sowed and reaped.

That's probably not the whole story. Kenneth Copeland had some pretty high-powered connections in Tulsa with both Oral Roberts and Kenneth Hagin. There was probably a lot more going on behind the scenes, if we knew the truth and those connections paid off.  It probably had more to do with knowing the right people than sowing and reaping. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

God is NOT mocked, for whatsoever a man sows, THAT shall HE reap.

Wow.  That verse has nothing to do with money.  

Here is the verse IN context

Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. 4Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, 5for each one should carry their own load.6Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.

7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows8Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 

If I understand the passage, it appears that the verse is in complete disagreement with what you and other WOF'ers postulate.

This verse is stating that if we sow for our flesh...which is what wof'ers are doing essentially when they demand that God gives them things...that we are reaping destruction.

I hope others who read this and have not decided whether or not WOF is valid or wrong, can SEE what the Bible actually is saying to us and how very much WOF doctrine has taken something

that speaks of spiritual sowing and twisted and used it for their own desires.

This erroneous teaching is absolutely distasteful IMO.

BRL:  From the moment I entered the place, I felt the grief of the Holy Spirit within me over the whole "business" at hand.  Droves of copying machines buzzing away VHS tapes to be sold after Ken Copeland spoke.  All about was much music, hype and emotionalism.  Ken on summarizing "his" teaching that late afternoon, taught all in his hearing on how you would be financially "blessed" with oodles of cash if you would just "sow your seed" into "Ken's" ministry. 

I read your post and I understand what you write.  IMO, the whole and entire teaching is counter - Christ and the Bible.

It is disgusting and they cheapen the gospel by using it for self promotion and self gain.  Actually, I cannot think of words strong enough to convey how polluted and wrong this teaching is.

Besides all the polluted and twisted teaching of WOF, Copeland has further demonstrated his total lack of a true anointing from God by FALSE PROPHECIES.

Be aware, that those who prophesy falsely, are NOT anointed by God.  They have utterly failed the ultimate test of a true prophet.  Further, the gift of prophecy,

most of the time, as instructed from the NT, is about telling FORTH the word we already have and NOT furture events.

2004 has come and gone....read the prophecy from Copeland below and ask yourself why he gets away with false prophecies and false claims.

Copeland has been known to shock his listeners with his supposed prophecies from God, such as:  “Dont be disturbed when people accuse you of thinking you are God...They crucified me for saying that I was God. But I didn't claim I was God; I just claimed I walked with Him and that He was in me” (prophecy from Take Time to Pray  article Believer's Voice of Victory,1987, p.9 ) 

In the above prophecy, Kenneth Copeland accomplished at least two things: 1) he denied the deity of Jesus Christ and 2) he promoted doctrines of demons (1 Timothy 4:1). 

Kenneth Copeland was a guest on Benny Hinn’s January 28, 2004 broadcast This is Your Day telecast. Hinn says the lord has a word for you today. Copeland thanks Hinn for continuing in the healing ministry.  Benny Hinn asked Kenneth Copeland what he sees happening in 2004. In turn, Copeland responds by reading his prophecy, to which Hinn says, “Amen“: “Right now the healing ministry of Jesus is coming into a place that no human beings has seen before. And it, we’ all going to be glad we stayed where he put us because this is our time” (Benny Hinn- Amen). (This is a Prophecy delivered by Kenneth Copeland at Eagle Mountain International Church December 31, 2000) Complete prophecy at http://kcm.org/studycenter/prophecies/2004_yearoffullness.php

Copeland continues: “The lord began talking to me about fullness of ministry and fullness of his callings and so forth oh 25 years go, but then in late November and all the way up to new years eve, and I had a visitation of the Lord new years eve afternoon, he began to talk to me about this year, and if you, you permit me I’ll read you what he said to me, Hinn responds please:

the year of 2004 will be known as the year of fullness. By the close of 2004, all callings will come to fullness. Apostles ministry, prophets ministry, evangelist ministry, pastoral ministries and teaching ministries that will obey me will come into full manifestationThe gifts of the spirit will be manifested in fulness as they were when Jesus was on the earth.” (Copeland says, “We’ve not seen that, we've seen little pieces of it but not like this”)...“Families will come into their called places and know the fullness of joy on earth as it is in heaven.” 

If this is true, who needs heaven? Jesus said the very opposite for the last days, and spoke of perilous times, apostasy, the love of many growing cold, and itching ears that do not want to hear the truth but what they want to hear. The only time we will see this fullness is in the Millennium, but first comes the Great tribulation.

Note:  WHAT COPELAND PROPHESIED HAS NOT HAPPENED AND IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.   The Bible teaches the opposite.  As we near the end of times, there will be more and more

persecution.  The love of many will grow cold....people will turn against those they once worshipped with.

IMO, WOF is about worshipping the golden calf....NOT God Almighty.

Here is another excerpt from the article and you can find the rest of it here

I have taken over the politics and the politicians(Copeland says, he’s talking about all over the world) “Listen to My voice. Vote the way I say in all elections.”

Has God taken over politics? Which party? How did God do this all of a sudden? The only change taking place is in the minds of those who are NOT living in reality.

“One thing he stopped me and said to me then, He said “I’m telling you to vote in all elections and I’m telling you in all elections you vote the way I tell you to vote. And another thing was your ballot is your seed a ballot is your, its not just a vote, your ballot is your seed to do well under any administration, I don’t care what they do. If you vote with God and do what he says your gonna come out well even if the rest of them go down the drain. And that’s your seed.”

Your “Now let me ask the Lord something” Copeland said “I’m going to need his permission to read this …(Copeland pauses, as if God gives him an immediate answer he says, all right acknowledging God's permission)

ballot is not just a vote it is your seed? Where’s that mentioned in the Bible? This is beyond ridiculous. Remember, Copeland claims to have received a prophecy from God. If politics and the politicians are now in control of God then why would they go down the drain?   How can your ballot  do well under any administration no matter what they do?  Does the way we vote now have us receive a blessing from God?  

“This is the time you've been waiting for, hoping for, and believing for. You will know Me ways that up to now you've never heard of before. Stay close to Me. Keep yourself in love. Obey My every command. Stay in My Word continually. Keep yourself and your prayer life fresh daily. Live by faith. 2004 will be the fullest year of your life. 2005 is the year of overflow. How much overflow depends on how much you sow towards it in 2004.”

Ask yourself.  Has God taken over all the politicians?  IMO, this is ridiculous and dangerous nonsense.  Ridiculous because God is not for a political party and dangerous because people believe

this nonsense and dangerous again because it has not come true and someone forgot to remove Mr. Copeland from his position as God's mouthpiece.

Itching ears.

The word of the Lord came to me: 2“Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who are now prophesying. Say to those who prophesy out of their own imagination: ‘Hear the word of the Lord3This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Woe to the foolisha prophets who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing! 4Your prophets, Israel, are like jackals among ruins.5You have not gone up to the breaches in the wall to repair it for the people of Israel so that it will stand firm in the battle on the day of the Lord6Their visions are false and their divinations a lie. Even though the Lord has not sent them, they say, “The Lorddeclares,” and expect him to fulfill their words. 7Have you not seen false visions and uttered lying divinations when you say, “The Lord declares,” though I have not spoken?

8“ ‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: Because of your false words and lying visions, I am against you, declares the Sovereign Lord9My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and utter lying divinations. They will not belong to the council of my people or be listed in the records of Israel, nor will they enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Sovereign Lord.

10“ ‘Because they lead my people astray, saying, “Peace,” when there is no peace, and because, when a flimsy wall is built, they cover it with whitewash, 11therefore tell those who cover it with whitewash that it is going to fall. Rain will come in torrents, and I will send hailstones hurtling down, and violent winds will burst forth. 12When the wall collapses, will people not ask you, “Where is the whitewash you covered it with?”  Ezekiel 13

False prophecy is revealing of a spirit that is NOT the Holy Spirit.  It does not get more serious than that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Much love to you,

Has anyone participating in this particular thread experienced God literally raising you up from death...with nothing but Him to rely on? No material possessions...And literally born again by The Spirit of God? Changed...Different...So Profound That You Can't Even Recognize Your Own Self...And "worldly-ness" taken away...In the world but not a part of it...And seeing How God Provides for you? Has anyone ever only depended on God? I have...and still am...and always will...and "things" are coming my way that I didn't have to pay for...Name brand-High Dollar Things...Obtained totally legally by the way...Being given to me...Am I supposed to give away my "gifts"? Sometimes I sure do...I will use these wonderful things for a while and then take them to do with as God so desires...Seems to me like God gives a lot to someone that will pass it on...seems to me like that's sowing and reaping...I think a lot of understanding is needed to be able to "see"...My my

Have you ever thought about how much God talks about how wonderful having "understanding" is...How good it is to have it...I'm seeing how good it is...it's like a treasure...and I'm saying Wow!!!

Has anyone literally, Walked In The Spirit and then slowing but surely learn from God how to recognize others that also Walk In The Spirit and not their flesh...Some of us are really showing the abundance of the heart...and it's coming out the fingers...Hahaha...instead of the mouths...

Before we go much further on persecuting to the utmost Pastors that have been at it for many decades...Again...We're having our preconceived notions about How someone else should steward what God has given them...The Pastors we are talking about as far as I've learned...have boards to answer to...they draw a salary-and it might be a nice one...

But most of all...This is something that I've heard about...What if a multi-millionaire was helped by your ministry and that multi-millionaire gave like millions to you...and you were free to do with it as you wished...Wow...What would we say then? Because I'm pretty sure that's what I heard happened to one of the Pastors that has been brought up in this conversation...

Father...Thank You For Your Grace and Mercy...None Of us Deserve Anything That You Have Done...Are doing...And Will Do...I Am So Very Grateful To You At All Times...Thank You That I Believe All Things Are Possible With You...Thank You Especially For Indwelling Your Children Mightily For Your Glory...We Are Being Healed...Helped...Made Whole...Given Hope...Because You Have Taken The Foolish Things of This World...Whew...My my...Oh Yes You Have...In The Name of Jesus...Thank You, Father...

Guest shiloh357

Has anyone literally, Walked In The Spirit and then slowing but surely learn from God how to recognize others that also Walk In The Spirit and not their flesh...

Yes, and that is precisely why I am able to discern the fleshly self-indulgence of prosperity teachers like Copeland and Hinn.  The best example of a man who walks in the Spirit is Billy Graham.  All he talks about is people coming to know Jesus.  He doesn't have sex scandals, he doesn't money scandals and He has honored the Lord first and foremost.  He has as much money coming into his ministry as anyone, but He takes  salary and he doesn't use God's money on his fleshly lusts.

But most of all...This is something that I've heard about...What if a multi-millionaire was helped by your ministry and that multi-millionaire gave like millions to you...and you were free to do with it as you wished...Wow...What would we say then? Because I'm pretty sure that's what I heard happened to one of the Pastors that has been brought up in this conversation...

The money would NOT be given to me.  The money belongs to Jesus and I would have in place a protocol so that all donations would go through a board of directors and financial officers and multiple layers of accountability to ensure that all donations above and beyond ministry overhead is spent on ministry.  I would make sure that all people employed in my ministry had a set salary and set cost of living increases based on performance levels.

When you are minister and someone comes up to you and just hands you a check especially a check for millions of dollars, it shows you don't have a good protocol for handling money.

I want to reiterate that the money is being given to Jesus, not me and it is not mine to spend as I see fit.  It is the Lord's money and I am accountable to Him for every red cent of it.   I could not go out in good conscience and just spend millions of dollars of the Lord's  on self-indulgent lusts.  

Before we go much further on persecuting to the utmost Pastors that have been at it for many decades...Again...We're having our preconceived notions about How someone else should steward what God has given them...The Pastors we are talking about as far as I've learned...have boards to answer to...they draw a salary-and it might be a nice one...

When some is spending $7,200 a night on extravagant motels, and buy a mercedes convertible, the notion that they are under the accountablity of some board is really kind of nonsensical.  And they are being given such extravagant salaries, there is some real issues with that ministry's financial dealings.

This kind of extravagance is why they get looked into for tax evasion.