Guest DRS81

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

I see this as Israel being in their land during the 1000 year reign of Christ, and also other countries being ruled with a rod of iron.  This is the environment during the 1000 years.  Nothing to do with a Rapture.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Question regarding the rapture-

Does anyone else besides me see the rapture in Revelation chapter 7, right after the opening of the 6th seal, when the bible says the wrath of God begins? Here is the passage I am talking about:

9After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10And they cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation belongs to our God,

who sits on the throne,

and to the Lamb.”

11All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12saying:

“Amen!

Praise and glory

and wisdom and thanks and honor

and power and strength

be to our God for ever and ever.

Amen!”

13Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”

14I answered, “Sir, you know.”

And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15Therefore,

“they are before the throne of God

and serve him day and night in his temple;

and he who sits on the throne

will shelter them with his presence.

16‘Never again will they hunger;

never again will they thirst.

The sun will not beat down on them,’a

nor any scorching heat.

17For the Lamb at the center of the throne

will be their shepherd;

‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’

What specific scripture here screams rapture?

I can't believe you asked this question dsr.

Standing before the throne is this multitude with white robes. I know you know how to INFER. So infer where they came from. Soak it in my brother. Close your eyes and Unloosen your tie and breathe it in. And don't forget the context here. I believe in you..........

I see this as Israel being in their land during the 1000 year reign of Christ, and also other countries being ruled with a rod of iron.  This is the environment during the 1000 years.  Nothing to do with a Rapture.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Did you read the right passage Marv? Israel in their land! Scratching my head.........

I can't believe you asked this question dsr.

Standing before the throne is this multitude with white robes. I know you know how to INFER. So infer where they came from. Soak it in my brother. Close your eyes and Unloosen your tie and breathe it in. And don't forget the context here. I believe in you..........

Rev 7:9 After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

Rev 7:9 isn't about rapture. It's about the 1,000 year reign with Christ on earth. I recommend you starting reading commentary. Soak it in my brother...

After this I beheld http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/revelation-7-9.html

What follows is a distinct vision from the preceding one, and is not a continuation of that, as if the sealing of the Jewish believers was designed by the former, and the sealing of the Gentiles in this latter; whereas in this vision there is no mention made of sealing, nor was there, or will there be any need of it in the time it refers unto; and which is not the time of the Reformation; nor when the vials began to be poured out upon the seat of the beast; for though there were great numbers converted in many nations, kindreds, people, and tongues, yet not in all; nor do the characters of this great multitude, and the happiness they shall enjoy, seem to suit with persons in a state of mortality and imperfection, ( Revelation 7:14-17 ) ; wherefore many interpreters understand this vision of the saints in heaven: but it rather respects the millennium state, or thousand years' reign of Christ with his saints on earth, with which all that is here said agrees; compare ( Revelation 7:14 ) with ( Revelation 20:4 ) ; and ( Revelation 7:15 ) with ( Revelation 22:3 ) ; and ( Revelation 7:16Revelation 7:17 ) with ( Revelation 21:4Revelation 21:6 ) . And the design of this vision is to show to John, and every diligent observer, that after the seventh seal is opened, the trumpets are blown, and the vials poured out; during which time there will be a number sealed that will profess Christ; and at the close and winding up of all things, in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, Christ will descend, and all the saints with him; their bodies will be raised, and the living saints changed, and make one general assembly, who are shown to John here, as in ( Revelation 21:9Revelation 21:10 ) ; to relieve his mind, and support his spirits, in a view of the calamities ushered in by the opening of the seventh seal.

clothed with white robes; http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/revelation-7-9.html

agreeably to their princely and priestly characters: it was usual for princes and noblemen to be arrayed in vestures of linen, as Joseph was in Pharaoh's court; and the Jewish priests wore garments of linen, in their daily ministry and service; and in the thousand years' reign the saints will appear to be kings and priests, ( Revelation 5:10 ) ( 20:6 ) ; and accordingly will be clothed as such: and this may also be expressive of their entire freedom from sin by the blood of Christ, ( Revelation 7:14 ) ; and their complete justification by his righteousness, which is sometimes compared to white raiment, and is called fine linen, clean, and white; and likewise their spotless purity and holiness, sanctification in them being now perfect, which was before imperfect: and these robes may also design their shining robes of glory and immortality; for they will now be clothed upon with their house from heaven, and will have put off mortality and corruption, and have put on immortality and incorruption, and appear with Christ in glory; for such will be the then state of things:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Spock

Rev 7:9-17  - These are those peoples who come out of the great Tribulation (70th week of Daniel), those not killed at Armageddon.  The sun will not scorch them.  If one has a New Resurrected body, this statement would be meaningless.  But since these individuals have their same old fleshly body, this statement has merit.  These are the individuals who must be ruled with a rod of iron.  A Resurrected Christ Like Body would not need to be ruled with a rod of iron.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Spock.

Shalom, Montana Marv and DRS81.

I see no need for Jubilee timing.  70 Sevens are decreed for your people and your holy city to:  complete the six tasks.

The six tasks in Daniel 9:24 "Seventy weeks are decreed about your people and your holy city, (1) to finish the transgression, (2) to put an end to sin, (3) and to atone for iniquity, (4) to bring in everlasting righteousness, (5) to seal both vision and prophet, (6) and to anoint a most holy place.

1. to finish the transgression
2. to put an end to sin
3. and to atone for iniquity
4. to bring in everlasting righteousness
5. to seal both vision and prophet
6. and to anoint a most holy place

Answer me three questions here..

1. How many of these tasks have already been completed?
2. Is there scripture that confirms any of these tasks in the great tribulation?
3. Why is there such a huge gap after the 69 weeks, 20 centuries later?

It starts to make sense that the 70 weeks is split into two gaps.

1. The first three have been accomplished by Yeshua` (Jesus) Himself. The second three won't be accomplished until the Messiah physically returns.
2. Yes. Hebrews 9-11, but the "great tribulation" started in the first century A.D.
3. The "huge gap" occurs after the 69.5th Seven. The first 69 Sevens were accomplished before Yeshua` presented Himself for Yochanan's baptism. The next half a Seven was fulfilled in the initial offer of the Kingdom (Yeshua`s "Ministry"). Then, Yeshua` threw the monkey wrench into the works by pronouncing them desolate until there comes a generation that will say the words "Baruwkh haba' b'shem YHWH," welcoming the Messiah of YHWH as they SHOULD have done in the first century! They're a very stubborn people and haven't fully welcomed Him, yet! (Although, they ARE beginning to come around! They even put teachings and warnings into place to help the Jewish children shun Yeshua`, even though most of them don't have a clue why it's "important," just that it is!) There are not "two gaps," only the one, and it has sufficiently delayed the end of the Seven.

Hey Retrobyter, how are you my friend?
Just want to say I reread Daniel 9 again and I still can't see what you see in that last week of Daniel.

"Seventy ‘sevens’ are decreed for your people and your holy city to finishd transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place."

It still seems to me the entire 70th week was delayed, not just half of it as you proposed. I'm not saying you are wrong, but rather, I'm not convinced your interpretation is right. Matthew 24 to me supports a full week and not a gap as you propose. I still enjoy reading your thoughts so keep them coming.

On a side note, I can see from this passage where pre-trib (rapture before 70th week) gets its fuel. The passage says the seventy weeks are for your people to deal with transgression which refers to Daniels people- Jews. I guess this is where people like Marv believe the 70th week is not meant for the Church, because it is meant for Jews to finish their punishment as decreed by God through Daniel back in 500 BC or thereabouts. I'm not a pre tribber but if they believe this is a time of Jacobs trouble only and not the church, this point can't be completely dismissed without discussion.

Fine, thank you. And, you?

I'll try to give you what I see in Daniel 9:24-27:

Daniel 9:24-27

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

KJV

First of all, we are told that indeed "Seventy ‘sevens’ are determined upon thy (Dani'el's) people and thy (Dani'el's) holy city." Those are for the Hebrews of his time, those who had been taken captive to Babylon.

Second, information about the Messiah is given in verses 26 and 27, not the anti-Messiah or the Antichrist. The "prince that shall come" is NOT the Messiah but the Roman, Titus. Nevertheless, the "he" of verse 27 CANNOT refer to him, since "the prince" is the OBJECT OF A PREPOSITION that does NOT participate in the main thought of the sentence. The antecedent of the "he" MUST refer back to the "Messiah" in verse 26. Those are the English rules, but the Hebrew rules are no different. The "prince" in Hebrew, "naviyd," is the second noun in a noun construct. Therefore, it NEVER performs or receives the action of the sentence in which it is found. The next, singular, personal noun is "Messiah," the subject of the prior sentence.

Third, one must accept that "after" can mean "ANY TIME after." Thus, when verse 26 says, "after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off," it doesn't necessarily mean that this is IMMEDIATELY after the 69th "seven." As is typical with Hebrew literature, often the conclusion is given first and THEN the supporting points of that conclusion will follow.

So, verse 27 zooms in on the 26th verse from a slightly different perspective, particularly that of the Messiah: Thus, it is the MESSIAH who confirms or strengthens the covenant, namely the DAVIDIC COVENANT, with many for seven years, much as did His predecessor David. David reigned over the Jews - the descendants of the tribe of Y'hudah or Judah - for 7 years BEFORE he became the king of all Isra'el for 33 years!

It was the MESSIAH who put an end to the sacrifice and the gift ("oblation")! See Hebrews 10-11!

Hebrews 10:1-18
1 The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming — not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2 If it could, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. 3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins, 4 because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. 
5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:

"Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but a body you prepared for me;
6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings
you were not pleased.
7 Then I said, 'Here I am — it is written about me in the scroll — I have come to do your will, O God.'" 

8 First he said, "Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them" (although the law required them to be made). 9 Then he said, "Here I am, I have come to do your will." He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 
11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God. 13 Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool, 14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy. 
15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says: 

16 "This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds." 

17 Then he adds:

"Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more." 

18 And where these have been forgiven, there is no longer any sacrifice for sin. 
NIV

And, it was the MESSIAH who pronounced them "DESOLATE" when they rejected Him and pushed Him to make the scalding reprimands of Matthew 23! Thus, He concluded the chapter with the following:

Matthew 23:37-39

37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, "Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord." (Psalm 118:26)

KJV

Psalm 118:22-26

22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.

24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

25 Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.

26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.

KJV

In Hebrew, this is worded (transliterated into English characters), "Baruwkh haba' bshem YHWH," and it translates to "Welcome, Comer on the authority of YHWH."

In other words, He was saying, "You shall not see me from now on, until you can say, 'Welcome, Comer with the authority of YHWH Himself,' referring to me!"

Thus, THERE IS NO ROOM LEFT for an "Antichrist" to be seen in these verses of Daniel! Furthermore, it tells us that the first half of the seventieth "seven" was fulfilled in the ministry of Yeshua` when He LEGITIMATELY offered the Kingdom to Isra'el and it was rejected. IT WAS HE who postponed the latter half of the seventieth "seven," not to be completed until the Messiah returns, for the PURPOSE of the seventieth "seven," as well as the rest of the 70 "sevens," were to usher in everlasting righteousness (which hasn't happened, yet)!

P.S. - Since people usually use these verses to suggest that the "Antichrist" will make a covenant with Isra'el for seven years and then break it in the middle of the seven years, that won't happen, either.

Greetings retrobyter,

Again, I enjoyed and was impressed with your argument- very persuasive, but Daniel v 27 is the key. Please read the NIV translation below and you will see why I cannot support your interpretation. In love, Spock.

"He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him."

NET bible translation of v. 27:

"He will confirm a covenant with many for one week. But in the middle of that week he will bring sacrifices and offerings to a halt. On the wing of abominations will come one who destroys, until the decreed end is poured out on the one who destroys."

Edited by Spock

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Spock.

Greetings retrobyter,

Again, I enjoyed and was impressed with your argument- very persuasive, but Daniel v 27 is the key. Please read the NIV translation below and you will see why I cannot support your interpretation. In love, Spock.

"He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him."

NET bible translation of v. 27:
"He will confirm a covenant with many for one week. But in the middle of that week he will bring sacrifices and offerings to a halt. On the wing of abominations will come one who destroys, until the decreed end is poured out on the one who destroys."

Okay, so now we get down to some fundamentals essential to a proper understanding of this verse, Daniel 9:27. The NIV is a good translation for "looking at the forest," but it fails when "looking at the trees." It is NOT a word-for-word translation of the Scriptures. It's focus is translating the overall "understanding of God's Word in contemporary English." Here's what one can find at www.biblica.com:

Q.  Can you share any of the NIV/CBT’s translation philosophy?
When the books of the Bible were first written, they captured exactly what God wanted to say in the languages and idioms used by the ordinary people of the time.  This is the reading experience that the NIV seeks to recreate, as closely as possible, for present day readers.  The NIV aims to provide the optimum combination of transparency to the original documents and ease of understanding in every verse.

(Emphasis mine.) Their attempt in translation was to put the Bible in contemporary English while remaining true to the text. Their goal is "ease of understanding in every verse." The problem with this approach is that the details suffer in translation. The NIV is NOT a word-for-word translation like the KJV or the NASV. In those versions, one may find an other-than-contemporary-English way of saying something that is closer to the intended word-choice of the author.

The Hebrew of the verse (transliterated into English characters) is this:

Dani'el 9:24-27

24 Shaavu`iym shiv`iym nechtakh `al-`amkhaa 

v’`al-`iyr qaadshekha l’kalei’ hapesha` uwlhaateem chaTaa’owt

uwlkhapeer `aavon uwlhaaviy’ tsedeq `olaamiym 

v’lachtom chaazown v’naaviy’ v’limshoach qodesh qaadaashiym:

25 V’teeda` v’taskeel min-motsaa’ daavaar l’haashiyv v’livnowt Y’ruwshaalaim `ad-Maashiyach naagiyd shaavu`iym shiv`aah v’shaavu`iym shishiym uwshnayim taashuwv v’nivnataah rchowv v’chaaruwts uwvtsowq haa`itiym:

26 V’’achareey hashaavu`iym shishiym uwshnayim yikaareet Maashiyach v’’eeyn low v’haa`iyr v’haqodesh yashchiyt `am naagiyd habaa’ v’qitsow vasheTef v’`ad qeets milchaamaah nech’retset shomeemowt:

27 V’higbiyr b’riyt laarabiym shaavuwa` ‘echaad vach’tsiy hashaavuwa` yashbiyt

zevach uwminchah v’`al k’naf shiquwtsiym m’shomeem v’`ad-kaalaah v’nech’raatsaah titakh `al-shomeem: 

Hebrew transliterated from Masoretic Text as found in PC Study Bible

24 Shaavu`iym = 24 Sevens

shiv`iym = seventy

nechtakh = are-decided

`al- = upon

`amkhaa = your-(singular)-people

v’`al- = and-upon

`iyr = city

qaadshekha = your-(singular)-holy

l’kalei’ = to-finish

hapesha` = the-transgression

uwlhaateem = and-to-make-an-end

chaTaa’owt = [of]-sins

uwlkhapeer = and-to-make-reconciliation-for

`aavon = iniquity

uwlhaaviy’ = and-to-usher-in

tsedeq = righteousness

`olaamiym = of-ages

v’lachtom = and-to-seal-up

chaazown = vision

v’naaviy’ = and-prophecy

v’limshoach = and-to-anoint

qodesh = holy

qaadaashiym: = of-holies:

25 V’teeda` = 25 And-know

v’taskeel = and-understand

min-= from

motsaa’ = going-forth

daavaar = [of]-word

l’haashiyv = to-restore

v’livnowt = and-to-build

Y’ruwshaalaim = Jerusalem

`ad-= unto

Maashiyach = Messiah; Anointed

naagiyd = Prince

shaavu`iym = sevens

shiv`aah = seven

v’shaavu`iym = and-sevens

shishiym = sixty

uwshnayim = and-two

taashuwv = again

v’nivnataah = and-shall-be-built

rchowv = avenue

v’chaaruwts = and-trench

uwvtsowq = and-in-distress

haa`itiym: = the-times:

26 V’’achareey = 26 And-after

hashaavu`iym = the-sevens

shishiym = sixty

uwshnayim = and-two

yikaareet = shall-be-cut-off

Maashiyach = Messiah; Anointed

v’’eeyn = and-for-himself

low = not

v’haa`iyr = and-the-city

v’haqodesh = and-the-holy

yashchiyt = shall-destroy

`am = people

naagiyd = [of]-prince

habaa’ = the-comer

v’qitsow = and-end-of-it

basheTef = in-a-flood

v’`ad = and-until

qeets = end

milchaamaah = [of]-a-war

nech’retset = are-decided

shomeemowt: = desolations:

27 V’higbiyr = 27 And-he-shall-strengthen

b’riyt = a-covenant

laarabiym = to-many

shaavuwa` = seven

‘echaad = one

vach’tsiy = and-in-middle

hashaavuwa` = [of]-the-seven

yashbiyt = he-shall-cause-to-end

zevach = sacrifice

uwminchah = and-offering

v’`al = and-for

k’naf = a-spreading-out-[like-a-wing]

shiquwtsiym = [of]-abominations

m’shomeem = he-shall-make-desolate

v’`ad- = and-until

kaalaah = completion

v’nech’raatsaah = and-that-decision

titakh = shall-be-poured

`al- = upon

shomeem: = desolate:

24 Sevens seventy are-decided upon your-(singular)-people and-upon city your-(singular)-holy…

to-finish the-transgression

and-to-make-an-end [of]-sins

and-to-make-reconciliation-for iniquity

and-to-usher-in righteousness of-ages

and-to-seal-up vision and-prophecy

and-to-anoint holy of-holies:

25 And-know and-understand from going-forth [of]-word to-restore and-to-build Jerusalem unto Messiah Prince sevens seven and-sevens sixty and-two again and-shall-be-built avenue and-trench and-in-distress the-times:

26 And-after the-sevens sixty and-two shall-be-cut-off Messiah and-for-himself not and-the-city and-the-holy shall-destroy people [of]-prince the-comer and-end-of-it in-a-flood and-until end [of]-a-war are-decided desolations:

27 And-he-shall-strengthen a-covenant to-many seven one and-in-middle [of]-the-seven he-shall-cause-to-end sacrifice and-offering and-for a-spreading-out-like-a-wing [of]-abominations he-shall-make-desolate and-until completion and-that-decision shall-be-poured up desolate:

The two versions from which you have quoted have translators that are very good at what they do, but if they don't understand at what the author was driving, they're going to get it right only a percentage of the time. In the NIV, you have a maximum of 15 members who vote on whether a particular translation is good, and of those 15 (or less), "at least 70% of the committee members present at the time of the voting are required to agree before the text can be altered." If there were all 15 present at the time that Daniel 9 was voted upon, that means that 11 of them had to agree upon the meaning of the text. Fewer still if fewer than 15 possible were committee members at the time, and fewer still if not all of these were present for the voting! It's a very democratic way of deciding what to put into the NIV, but IS the majority always right? Shouldn't those who have a greater understanding of the Hebrew have a "weighted vote," that is, shouldn't one who is more familiar with Hebrew be given more say in the voting process?

Furthermore, not everyone can be at the "top of his game" all the time! What if they were having an "off" day? One can find oneself not as sharp as he should be or impatient or distracted to the point where he is not paying close attention to detail. Some may just cave to the peer pressure, believing it's "not that big of a deal." Some may have a theological prejudice to state a particular passage a certain way. Some may have heard a novel interpretation for the first time, checked it out to be sure it could fit the details of the original text, and under an enamored infatuation with the novel concept, voted in favor of the novel interpretation! (Please note: I am not saying that something like this happened; I'm only pointing out that I could SEE how something like this COULD happen. I would hope that they had some checks and balances in place to discourage such things from happening.)

These 15 members come from a wide variety of Protestant backgrounds, and they are all very intelligent scholars. HOWEVER, who among them are "Sabras" (naturally born Hebrews of Isra'el)? How many really understand Hebrew more than just as one of the Bible languages? Are they fluent in Hebrew? Can they converse in Hebrew to the extent that they can pick up on the nuances of the words in context?

There's a REASON why the phrase was translated as "for the overspreading of abominations" in the KJV. The word "k'naf" in Hebrew is NOT just a "wing"; it's a "SPREAD-OUT wing," a "wing-in-flight!" It's not a "wing of the Temple" (neither the word for "Temple" ["heeykhaal"] nor the word for "house" ["beeyt"] is present in the text); it's the ACTIVITY of spreading out the wing! It's a Hebrew idiom for a "multiplication of (whatever)."

Follow Yeshua` through the 23rd chapter of Matthew and listen to Him bawl out the Scribes and Pharisees!

Matthew 23:13-15

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

KJV

This IS "spreading out abominations like the feathers in a wing!" The leaven of the Pharisees had infected the general population of Isra'el, coercing them to reject their Messiah, and leading them to the point they would be ready to cry out, "Crucify him!" They were the cancer in the tribe of Y'hudah, and Yeshua` responded by pronouncing them "Desolate" in verse 38.

But, hey, believe what you will. Yeshua` is coming again to set up His Kingdom, regardless! And, like the child who is "it" in a game of hide-and-seek, He'll be crying out, "Ready or not, here I come!"