• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Here is something from C.S. Lewis' Screw Tape Letters:

My dear Wormwood,

So you ‘have great hopes that the patient’s religious phase is dying away’, have you? I always thought the Training College had gone to pieces since they put old Slubgob’at the head of it, and now I am sure. Has no one ever told you about the law of Undulation?

Humans are amphibians—half spirit and half animal. (The Enemy’s determination to produce such a revolting hybrid was one of the things that determined Our Father to withdraw his support from Him.) As spirits they belong to the eternal world, but as animals they inhabit time. This means that while their spirit can be directed to an eternal object, their bodies, passions, and imaginations are in continual change, for to be in time means to change. Their nearest approach to constancy, therefore, is undulation—the repeated return to a level from which they repeatedly fall back, a series of troughs and peaks. If you had watched your patient carefully you would have seen this undulation in every department of his life—his interest in his work, his affection for his friends, his physical appetites, all go up and down. As long as he lives on earth periods of emotional and bodily richness and liveliness will alternate with periods of numbness and poverty. The dryness and dullness through which your patient is now going are not, as you fondly suppose, your workmanship; they are merely a natural phenomenon which will do us no good unless you make a good use of it.

clb

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

This is because the human Spirit is not BORN

Born again or born a second time,

talks about the birth of the human spirit...

Regards,

This is because the human Spirit is not BORN

Born again or born a second time,

talks about the birth of the human spirit...

~

Talking

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. John 6:63

Born

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Peter 1:22-23

Again

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  4

I have had times in my life when I've felt very close to God, and others where I can't feel him at all. I think it was kwik that said we walk by faith and not by sight. And even when. Can't feel the relationship, I know he has not left me.

I know that by the end of summer, with vacations, camping and visitors, my church attendance isn't what it should be, and I crave getting back there. For those who feel far from God, I'd suggest a starting place would be to get close to His people. Your family in Christ.

I think that is how I ended up here last week, I needed a fix. And as was said earlier, go and serve as Jesus served.

My walk in this life has been anything but a straight line to God, I spend a lot of time looking for h

him, even if I know he's right there with me, so I'm no expert, but those are a couple of things I have found important when finding my way back to Him.

D

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  8

I'm going through the exact same thing. It's hard to trust God when you can't feel him...when you're not noticing answers to your prayers and can't feel him in worship. I totally empathize with you. Praying for you, me, and everyone else going through this!

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/09/1982

i've experienced spiritual dryness as well and i guess the other believers have gone through the same situation.
it usually happens when i isolate myself.
but when i have fellowship with our fellow believers, it somehow rekindles the fire.especially when we see their burning passion for the Lord, its inspiring, of course also asking God in prayer to help us in the situation:)

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/28/1970

I have felt this way for fifteen years or so.  I'm actually here to try to become comfortable returning to church.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Religion is a dead end.  What you need is a relationship with Christ.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

I know how that feels

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2

I know you feel, I am too struggling most Sundays I find myself watching the clock,planning shopping trips,day dreaming etc. I try to focus but my mind is just not there. Wondering if I'm in the wrong church. :(