Pdeboi98

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In the past year or so, I've been catching myself in and out of my relationship with God. I know he's my savior and the true God, but every time I go to a service or just have one on one worship with him, I can never get that "flame" of passion for him. I get so distracted during worship and I can never stay focused on God. I have no idea why, but I feel no connection with him. Every Sunday and Wednesday when I would worship him, I would fall on my knees crying, but now I'm lucky if I can even raise my hands.. Do any of you get like this? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Oh yes, you are not alone. It happens, we are human and we often take our problems into worship as burdens we try and carry, without placing them at His feet and leaving them there.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Sounds like a dry spell we all go through. Think of it as a time of testing, like a child who is taking their first step without the help of an adult, or a person driving alone for the first time. God is always there, but we need to grow in Him. While growing, we are often left to ponder what we have already learned, leaning on Him through all.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

yes, I have my moments or days I can feel far away from God, when I get worried or let doubt set in, I quickly just get alone by myself and pray in telling Him how I'm feeling. Little by little I start feeling better and I just change my perspective, because I can be so narrow-minded and only see my problems or whatever I'm seeing, and I know better. Life is good. God is good. I look at all I have in my life that I am Thankful for and it helps so much.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

We all go through those times,it's good you realize what is going on ,is there something in your life what is very distracting of your relationship with God?

Pray about  it and Jesus will guide you through His Holy Spirit  to be close to Him:)

Listen to His voice :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings pdeboi,

Welcome to Worthy & praise the Lord for leading you here,He knows what you are in need of & has sent you to His little flock to be encouraged,extoled & spoken to in spiritual hymns & songs..........

Sometimes we cannot FEEL Gods presence but remember we walk by faith & not by sight...in this it also means that we must trust in knowing what we know through Gods Word,this calls for perseverance,discipline & diligence.......because we live in a fleshly body that is used to sight,hearing,smell,taste ,touch(all feelings)to talk to our Father that we can't see,hear audibly,touch,it can sometimes be very difficult to get in a prayer,praise & worship atmosphere.By reading the Bible & truly Seeking God He reveals Himself to us but we must KEEP seeking,KEEP knocking just as He tells us we are to.......God inhabits our praise,know that even though you FEEL nothing He is there with you,He will do the rest ,just keep it up & don't get discouraged.

As a born again Christian you must be confident in the knowledge that you are indwelled with the Holy Spirit,just because you are not sensitive to those promptings of the Spirit does not mean that He is not there,pray for sensitivity too the Spirit,a refreshed indwelling,for the Heart & Mind of Christ....we all go through these periods of "silence"where you must learn to trust more in His blessed assurances & simply rely on the Holy Scripture,it is just for a time....we are all in a learning process,simply be of good courage & wait on the Lord

With love in Christ-Kwik

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Big difference in religion and relationship.  Spend time with Father's word and in praise and counting your blessings and it builds relationship.  Sometimes it is religion that brings us down. 

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I'm in and out of these "dry spells" quite often. I want to "feel" close to God, but never seem to have that joyful experience that some others seem to have. I think we all experience our faith in different ways. To some it's a very emotional experience and to others like myself it's just knowing daily that he's with me. When I go through those times of feeling distant and doubtful, I just keep walking according to what I know. I've always gotten through it with my faith intact because my faith is real. I promised myself to God and he promised himself to me, so he doesn't go away even though it may feel that way at times.