IGNORED

R.I.P

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Just wanted to say "rest in peace" to the other guy killed in the firey car crash that Paul Walker died in, but who no one cares about because he wasn't famous.  Prayers for your family.

Just wanted to say "rest in peace" to the other guy killed in the firey car crash that Paul Walker died in, but who no one cares about because he wasn't famous.  Prayers for your family.

and for the other 30 to 40 thousand who die in automobile accidents each year in the U.S. and who knows how many world wide. To me though, Paul Walker was not famous until he died, before that, I could not have told you who he was.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

I understand your point and will be praying right along side there with those suffering.  It's just you kind of act like people are doing something wrong.  To say people 'don't care' about him because he wasn't famous is a bit ridiculous and unfair don't you think?

Never could make it through 10 minutes of a Fast n Furious and frankly considered them terrible bubble gum fodder.  Yet people knew Paul Walker through his work.  You gain a familiarity with an individual seeing them act and going along in their movie adventure.  People didn't know Mr. Rodas and he's a stranger- we've never seen his face, heard his voice, or know him at all.

Also I am sure people are holding Mr. Rodas responsible since it was his reckless driving cost them both their lives. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

that's a good thought Shiloh.    I'm guessing we probably do that a lot.

Guest shiloh357

I understand your point and will be praying right along side there with those suffering.  It's just you kind of act like people are doing something wrong.  To say people 'don't care' about him because he wasn't famous is a bit ridiculous and unfair don't you think?

Not at all   Everyone made a big deal about Paul Walker's death in the media.  They mentioned "his friend" but not even a mention of the name in most media outlets I viewed or read.  They talked about Paul Walker's family and appropriately acknowlegded his teenage daughter's grief and all that. 

But this other guy had a family and they are grieving, but he is just "the friend who was driving" and no other mention demonstrates that his death wasn't news and that no one cared enough to even ask what his name was in the media coverage. 

Even after the autopsy reports came back, they clearly identified Paul Walker's body and the "driver's" identity through dental records.   The reports came back that Walker didn't die from the impact but from the explosion.  They didn't tell how the driver died.

So no, I don't think it is ridiculous at all to point out that the other guy's death was just as tragic but the media didn't give near as much air time even though they died together in the same accident. 

Frankly, I think it is shameful.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

How come no one is talking about the guy who was in the car and died, as well? Even if he wasn't famous, doesn't he deserve some attention in all of this? I bet he left a family behind, too.

This is just how things are in the world. This accident wouldn't even attract notice if not for the actor.

Just wanted to say "rest in peace" to the other guy killed in the firey car crash that Paul Walker died in, but who no one cares about because he wasn't famous. Prayers for your family.

I understand your point and will be praying right along side there with those suffering. It's just you kind of act like people are doing something wrong. To say people 'don't care' about him because he wasn't famous is a bit ridiculous and unfair don't you think?

Not at all Everyone made a big deal about Paul Walker's death in the media. They mentioned "his friend" but not even a mention of the name in most media outlets I viewed or read. They talked about Paul Walker's family and appropriately acknowlegded his teenage daughter's grief and all that.

But this other guy had a family and they are grieving, but he is just "the friend who was driving" and no other mention demonstrates that his death wasn't news and that no one cared enough to even ask what his name was in the media coverage.

Even after the autopsy reports came back, they clearly identified Paul Walker's body and the "driver's" identity through dental records. The reports came back that Walker didn't die from the impact but from the explosion. They didn't tell how the driver died.

So no, I don't think it is ridiculous at all to point out that the other guy's death was just as tragic but the media didn't give near as much air time even though they died together in the same accident.

Frankly, I think it is shameful.

I'm not taking sides here, but I think you do have to understand and accept how the world works, and how the people in it act. Not necessarily agree, but understand and accept. Then you can continue on how to influence it, for the better.

We as Christians stand apart from the world. We have our own values and standards. The world have their own. And you'll have more impact on the world by first understanding their own values and standards, and not by condemning them right away because they don't follow ours.

God himself, in his dealing with sinners, gives them understanding and acceptance. He doesn't lower his standards, but he gives them understanding and acceptance. And that is one big reason why many people got saved in the first place, in my opinion. Haven't we heard enough of these in testimonies: "God has accepted me as I am," and "God has loved me, inspite of all my sins and faults"?

Shouldn't we do the same?

~

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

They said it could take up to 6-8 weeks for the toxicology reports to come back. Seeing if there were any drugs or alcohol. Just say speed and impact or the crash that is what caused them to die unfortunately! :(

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

and for the other 30 to 40 thousand who die in automobile accidents each year in the U.S. and who knows how many world wide. To me though, Paul Walker was not famous until he died, before that, I could not have told you who he was.

Nor did I know who he was.  My only question was their souls.  I always question their souls.