IGNORED

Moral, Civil, Ceremonial Laws... What applies today?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Excellent synopsis GE. I agree 100%.

As a side note, don't flame me, Saturday is my preferred day to publicly worship and or rest. I am a teacher so usually I won't grade papers or write lesson plans on Saturday. I do that on Sunday. My wife and I either attend a Messianic congregation on Saturday or we stay home and study gods word, worship and pray on Saturday. Naturally we try to follow the fourth commandment as written. We do not judge others who don't.

Anyhow, that's my two cents on this topic. Great question to ponder.

Spock

Yes, when I found this I thought it put into words quite well the differences in the 3 types of laws.

No judgement on my part. I have many friends who worship God and rest primarily on Saturday. We do so on Sunday. It is not a salvation issue and as such I don't anyone should break fellowship over it. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

What is a statute ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

What is a statute ?

Written law

What is a precept ?

Does it apply to NT believers ?

Edited by Izzel

This verse has to be one of the most abused and misunderstood verses in relation to the law of God. Some apply it to all of the Ten Commandments, and others just to the fourth Commandment the Sabbath. And yet others say this passage is saying we still have to keep the feast days associated with the sacrificial law. But in fact this passage is saying the exact opposite in that it was these feast days that were nailed to the cross.

Many Christians today demean the sacrifice of Christ by choosing to nail everything to the cross they do not want to obey. But to establish what was really nailed to the cross, just ask yourself these simple questions. What was the penalty for sin? What was required to make atonement for sin before the cross that pointed forward to the sacrifice of Christ? And do we still have to take an animal sacrifice to the temple priest when we sin or did Christ end these sacrifices by taking their place and hence nailing them to the cross? 

Thus the only thing nailed to the cross was the law of sacrifices that Christ replaced when He died for our sins. This law had meat and drink [offerings], holydays [feast days], new moons and   anuual sabbath days and not weekly  exactly as described in Colossians 2:16

Edited by Izzel