Guest DRS81

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Why is that? Why does God have christians pulling their hair out trying to figure it all out?

He doesn't.  The problem is that you are trying to fill in the blanks without having all of the information.   There is no need to figure it all out.  We have enough on our plate as it is.  Live for Jesus in the here and now and leave the future in His hands.  We will understand it all in the fulness of time.

What I was doing back in the 80's was what you were saying in another thread this week in that I was reading what I wanted into scripture instead of letting scripture talk to me.....    Hal Lindsey and I were totally convinced that Jesus would return by late fall of 1988.... 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

2,000 years ago the Hebrews witnessed the unfolding of prophecy. How did they react? They killed Him.

and we'd be in a lot of trouble if they hadn't...

You got that right oo :mgcheerful:

Why is that? Why does God have christians pulling their hair out trying to figure it all out?

He doesn't.  The problem is that you are trying to fill in the blanks without having all of the information.   There is no need to figure it all out.  We have enough on our plate as it is.  Live for Jesus in the here and now and leave the future in His hands.  We will understand it all in the fulness of time.

What I was doing back in the 80's was what you were saying in another thread this week in that I was reading what I wanted into scripture instead of letting scripture talk to me.....    Hal Lindsey and I were totally convinced that Jesus would return by late fall of 1988.... 

I read Lindsay's "The Late Great Planet Earth".That was interesting but I was not convinced of the Rapture at that time.I read the "Left Behind" book series and knowing it was fiction I did not take it too seriously.Then I started a study and research of my own.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

So it's not sad that Jesus died. That was his secret mission. Satan was probably fuming mad when that happened. When Jesus died he thought he had won and it must have been incredibly infuriating for him when Jesus descended into Hades and then rose again. I bet Satan was hopping mad. It must have hurt his pride to know that he had been tricked. He's been wanting revenge ever since!

I don't think Satan was fooled. 

He wanted the Jewish Messiah dead and he did everything he could to make that happen. Why would he have Judas betray Jesus and get him arrested? He thought that if the Messiah was killed then he would have foiled God's plan, but it was God's plan all the time to sacrifice his own son.

Satan has since then  tried to fool people into not accepting Jesus, even going so far as to create the false religion of Islam to deny Jesus' sacrifice and subsequent resurrection, and to intimidate Christians (and anybody else whilst he's at it) into converting to Islam.

He has also tried everything he can to destroy the Jews, culminating in the Nazi holocaust (the Final Solution). If he wipes out the bloodline of the Jews then they can't return to Jerusalem and set up the Holy temple in preparation for Jesus' return. God knows who the descendants of David are, even if the Jews themselves don't.

Of course, Satan failed here too because Israel has been reformed, so now he is trying to destroy Israel and persecute any last remaining Jews who are not in Israel. Hence the growing rise in antisemitism in Europe and the rest of the World.

He will have his last chance at capturing as many souls as he can when he rules from Jerusalem during the Tribulation, but he knows the time is short because he will only have seven years in which to do this. When he goes to his fate he wants to bring down as many as possible and take them with him.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1988

So it's not sad that Jesus died. That was his secret mission. Satan was probably fuming mad when that happened. When Jesus died he thought he had won and it must have been incredibly infuriating for him when Jesus descended into Hades and then rose again. I bet Satan was hopping mad. It must have hurt his pride to know that he had been tricked. He's been wanting revenge ever since!

I don't think Satan was fooled. 

He wanted the Jewish Messiah dead and he did everything he could to make that happen. Why would he have Judas betray Jesus and get him arrested? He thought that if the Messiah was killed then he would have foiled God's plan, but it was God's plan all the time to sacrifice his own son.

Satan has since then  tried to fool people into not accepting Jesus, even going so far as to create the false religion of Islam to deny Jesus' sacrifice and subsequent resurrection, and to intimidate Christians (and anybody else whilst he's at it) into converting to Islam.

He has also tried everything he can to destroy the Jews, culminating in the Nazi holocaust (the Final Solution). If he wipes out the bloodline of the Jews then they can't return to Jerusalem and set up the Holy temple in preparation for Jesus' return. God knows who the descendants of David are, even if the Jews themselves don't.

Of course, Satan failed here too because Israel has been reformed, so now he is trying to destroy Israel and persecute any last remaining Jews who are not in Israel. Hence the growing rise in antisemitism in Europe and the rest of the World.

He will have his last chance at capturing as many souls as he can when he rules from Jerusalem during the Tribulation, but he knows the time is short because he will only have seven years in which to do this. When he goes to his fate he wants to bring down as many as possible and take them with him.

I agree wtih you that he was fooled. To me it is either he was fooled or he was trying to help. 

If Satan knew exactly what would happen, then why would he play along to bring to pass the salvation of the human race when he would like to destroy as much of us as possible. 

He could not have known and so he was fooled. 

Hello WillowWood this is the message presented in Mel Gibson's The Passion of Christ is this where you gain this understanding from ?

Satan still thinks he is going to win.That is pride.Even though the Bible tells us a totally different ending.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Well DRS81, this is a good question. However if prophesy is an open subject, think of what it would be like if OSAS, homosexuality or even Barack Obama was listed as a open Topic.

The recent confusion was caused by a now locked topic, Prophecy of anti-Christ. When I read it, I was stunned but I didn't answer it right away, I went to scripture. I found the poster to be in great error; 

his post was based in large part by quoting from Daniel on a prophesy that Daniel saw. However even Daniel couldn't figure it out and he prayed and received an answer from Gabriel. So a poster was re-interpreting and misinterpreting what Gabriel already explained starting at Daniel 9:20. By the time I was ready to post, the post was locked. I sent my warning to a moderator who told me the topic was locked. Thinking I was misinterpreted, I sent the message to quite a few moderators and I need to add myself to your topic of pulling "my hair out."  

In the final analysis and more directly to your topic, if Christians can't agree on what is stated and has happened in scripture, what do you expect from something that is coded and has not happened? Yet, to me it shows a great concern about the truth and that is good. As long as your focused on scripture it's better than pulling your hair out over the world. Also, there is a triple blessing for those who read Revelations.

Oh, I almost forgot in terms of the Christ and Jewish issue that your topic slanted towards think about Israel becoming a state, and God's promises to save the Jews. That is indeed Gospel - good news. 

Oak    

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Hello WillowWood this is the message presented in Mel Gibson's The Passion of Christ is this where you gain this understanding from ?

Funnily enough, no. I've only seen the film once and that was before I was a believer, so any messages in it would have probably gone over my head.

I could not go to the Passion of the Christ.It was too sad.I could not sit there and watch the Lord that I love be beaten.It would be like watching my children or parents being beaten.I would cry at the trailer for it so I did not think I could sit through the movie.