IGNORED

Jehovah's witnesses: false doctrines and prophets.

kingdomwitness

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

I found this on the Jehovahs Witness site:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102005160?q=michael&p=par

Who Is Michael the Archangel?

THE spirit creature called Michael is not mentioned often in the Bible. However, when he is referred to, he is in action. In the book of Daniel, Michael is battling wicked angels; in the letter of Jude, he is disputing with Satan; and in Revelation, he is waging war with the Devil and his demons. By defending Jehovah’s rulership and fighting God’s enemies, Michael lives up to the meaning of his name—“Who Is Like God?” But who is Michael?

At times, individuals are known by more than one name. For example, the patriarch Jacob is also known as Israel, and the apostle Peter, as Simon. (Genesis 49:1, 2; Matthew 10:2) Likewise, the Bible indicates that Michael is another name for Jesus Christ, before and after his life on earth

I call this, one of their misguided doctrines.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I had my shortest encounter with a Jehovah Witness yet that left me puzzled.

A woman came to the door with some literature in her hand and inquired of me about God.  I told her that I knew who she was and what Jehovah Witness believed.  She then said, "So you have a religion that your happy with?" to which I replied, "no, I have no religion, I have a relationship.".  Then she said, "We don't come across very many who have a relationship most have religion.".  She politely excused herself and went about her way.  I was confused.  There was no debate.  She simply left.

A woman came to the door with some literature in her hand and inquired of me about God.  I told her that I knew who she was and what Jehovah Witness believed.  She then said, "So you have a religion that your happy with?" to which I replied, "no, I have no religion, I have a relationship.".  Then she said, "We don't come across very many who have a relationship most have religion.".  She politely excused herself and went about her way.  I was confused.  There was no debate.  She simply left.

Wow, I'm surprised she gave up so quickly. I guess she thought there was no way she was going to be able to convert you, so why bother. You must have appeared to be contentful or maybe she was hungry and heading to get dinner.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Wow, I'm surprised she gave up so quickly. I guess she thought there was no way she was going to be able to convert you, so why bother. You must have appeared to be contentful or maybe she was hungry and heading to get dinner.

laugh out loud

My personal perception is that we are all led internally by something and that which was leading her thought it best to leave.  The reason was not made known unto me but I would have gladly invited her in for a chat about God, as I understand God.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I don't find Jehovah's Witnesses to be that difficult to handle. More often than not they are confused. You don't have to worry about your safety when you are around them either. Unlike some 'cults' they don't go around blowing things up!

I don't find Jehovah's Witnesses to be that difficult to handle. More often than not they are confused. You don't have to worry about your safety when you are around them either. Unlike some 'cults' they don't go around blowing things up!

Lol

Completely agree. I find most very pleasant, gracious, and proper, at least while in my house for that 30 minutes.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

You got lucky Hall lol.

I just tell them 'I never saw the accident!'

Then they look at me bewildered and leave...  Seriously though they just want to sell me that literature and don't want to talk about religion.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I always go straight to Galatians 1:8,9 in light of the written date and ask for an explanation. Their usually is none

Also they believe Michael is the ONLY arch-angle. Take them to Daniel 10:13 where they speak of him as "one of the chief princes".

I tell them don't believe what someone else tells you, read the Bible for yourself

Always treat them with love, for we were once lost too

God Bless

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Oaky...I am not a JW, but a born again believer baptized in a southern Baptist church.  though I must say there are some misguided traditional beliefs on Michael and angels themselves among Christian circles.

1. Not all angels are created.

This would be the number one misguided truth that all angels are created being.  For example the angel of the Lord.  Here we have a non created angel.  Does anybody what to guess who this angel is?

2. Angels are spirits and spirits are angels.  They are one in the same.  I do not see where there is a class of "spirits" and then a class of "angels".  if you are an angel you are a spirit and vice versa.

With that said,  what if Michael was a non created angel?

1. The Lord does shout with a voice of an arch angel so are all you saying that not only that the Lord's voice is from a created being but that a created beings voice raises the dead? 

2. The seven spirits of God.  these spirits would be classified as non created in my mind as they are PART of the lamb being his eyes.  I don't think the lamb has eyes from created beings.  Note I do see Michael as one of these 7 spirits.

So if Michael was a non created being would that make you think differently?

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

I noticed everything that they share is very scripted according to their little books and magazine. But if you challenge them to think out side of that, and focus on The Holy Scriptures, you have thrown them off. And then they become very confused.