• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

Neither of those is a defining issue of an era so the same logic would not apply.

I'm confused LookingforAnswers,

Do you think Jesus would say Homosexuality is not sin ?

I do, but it is not about what I think, others think otherwise.  The question is "what baffles us about the Bible", and I do wonder why Jesus was silent on this topic.  He could have ended any and all confusion with his words.

That's why he made a blanket statement like in Matthew 5.  Predefined sins aren't suddenly not sins just because Jesus can forgive them.  Same goes for abortion- that would fall under murder.

You know I get where you're coming from but it is an abuse of grace.  The grace is there that any sin may be forgiven but it doesn't mean we should continue in sin.  It isn't a holier than though ego trip either.  Nobody needs the Lord's grace more than me!

The wages of sin is death and that isn't only spiritual death.  Living by Biblical principals will lead you to a healthier happier life- it isn't about salvation.

Eating like a glutton will make you fat and unhealthy, immoral sex can lead to diseases and many other bad things, lies lead to bad things, etc... etc...  Some don't want to say Aids was a consequence of sin- but most caught it from homosexual sex or sharing needles.

Matthew 5:16-18

Amplified Bible (AMP)

16 Let your light so shine before men that they may see your [a]moral excellence and your praiseworthy, noble, and good deeds and [b]recognize and honor and praise and glorify your Father Who is in heaven.

17 Do not think that I have come to do away with or [c]undo the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to do away with or undo but to complete and fulfill them.

18 For truly I tell you, until the sky and earth pass away and perish, not one smallest letter nor one little hook [identifying certain Hebrew letters] will pass from the Law until all things [it foreshadows] are accomplished.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Some don't want to say Aids was a consequence of sin- but most caught it from homosexual sex or sharing needles.

A little fallacy to clear up here. Most in the US may have caught it originally from homosexual sex or sharing of needles, but in the whole world, it is not a homosexual disease. It is a heterosexual disease. It just happened to be brought to the US and Canada by way of the gay community. Either way, for most, it is a consequence of sin on someone's part. 

Guest ninhao

True, but in that law there are a great many rules and regulations that no longer apply.  I am willing to bet that you are wearing clothing of mixed material and nobody is telling you that you are wrong.  I trim my beard and cut the hair at the sides of my head and nobody tried to discipline me for doing so.

There are also a great many of those laws which still apply as we know. Let's take another approach; do you believe Paul's teachings are congruent with Jesus teachings?

bumped

Guest ninhao

I must apologise AyinJade I have participated in a sidetrack without commenting upon your OP. I tend to do this :D

After thinking I don't see anything that man or angel has done as presented in the Bible baffling because irl I have seen the heart of men and why we often decide against God. I assume angels are similar in this regard.

I will say it baffles me a little that Solomon was so logically wise but so naive to think marrying 700 wives wouldn't end in trouble :D

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I struggle with the bloody parts of the Old Testament while trying to reconcile with the love and mercy of the New Testament

Jesus spoke on a lot of things, yet the defining issue of our day, homosexuality, he was quiet on.  I do wonder why that was, God knew that this would be an issue in the future yet Jesus never even gave the topic a passing word.

Jesus also didn't speak about pedophilia or rape do you use the same logic concerning these sins ? Jesus spoke about sexual sins and we know Paul specifically spoke about homosexual sin; do you accept Paul's words as congruent with Jesus teachings?

Neither of those is a defining issue of an era so the same logic would not apply.

~

Of Course If The Spirit Of The Living God

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 2 Timothy 3:16

Defines Homosexual Acts

And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: Romans 1:23-26

As God's Judgement

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Romans 1:27-28

Man's Logic

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, Romans 1:19-22

Could Think It A Good Thing

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans 1:32

~

Sad Days Coming

And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. Genesis 6:5-8

Once Again

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Matthew 24:35-39

Love, Joe

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, WHAT was Lucifer thinking? HOW did he possibly think he could defeat God at anything? And then the irony of God: here is Satan, thinking he's won it all, that because Jesus is the One God said He would send in Genesis and now He has just been sacrificed on the cross, and by all accounts, it looks like he's certainly the winner. BUT, as Satan comes to torment Jesus in Hell and he's watching him, suddenly Jesus comes back to life - the only man to ever escape Hell - and puts Satan and all his host into a parade and parades him defeated and spoiled in front of all the angels. And Satan is the one who slew Him! The whole time He was scourging Jesus, He was healing us with those stripes; and with killing Him, he defeated himself forever with no possibility of recovery. I mean, God is just awesome, and it is just hilarious if you stop to think about it for a minute or two. Praise God!

Guest shiloh357

BUT, as Satan comes to torment Jesus in Hell and he's watching him, suddenly Jesus comes back to life - the only man to ever escape Hell - and puts Satan and all his host into a parade and parades him defeated and spoiled in front of all the angels.

Jesus was not tormentd in Hell.  That is another heresy from the Word of Faith false prophets.   Jesus did not suffer in hell for our sins.  Our sins were paid for on the cross.  That is where He suffered.  Jesus died and it was finished when he died.  He did not pay for sin in hell. 

Guest ninhao

BUT, as Satan comes to torment Jesus in Hell and he's watching him, suddenly Jesus comes back to life - the only man to ever escape Hell - and puts Satan and all his host into a parade and parades him defeated and spoiled in front of all the angels.

Which scripture do you use to make this claim ?

BUT, as Satan comes to torment Jesus in Hell

~

But

Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. Ezekiel 28:18

~

Jesus was not tormented in Hell.  That is another heresy from the Word of Faith false prophets.   Jesus did not suffer in hell for our sins.  Our sins were paid for on the cross.  That is where He suffered.  Jesus died and it was finished when he died.  He did not pay for sin in hell. 

:thumbsup:

But But

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:41

~

Which scripture do you use to make this claim ?

:thumbsup:

But But But

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Revelation 20:10

~

Dear One It's Really Very Simple

And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Genesis 3:14-15

Jesus Wins

For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil. And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. Romans 16:19-20

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe