• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Star Trekkies..... anyone remember this?

......   outube.com/watch?v=7ZS2-4-iUJ4   ......

I can't post videos here, so logically work out the link yourselves (Captain) ....it's only three and a half minutes long, (Jim).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,654
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Nimoy is a Jew.

Yes, so is Shatner and Grace Lee Whitney (Janice Rand).

ST Founder Gene Roddenberry said it was like a Jewish club he was excluded from.

Grace Lee is a Messianic Jew (believer in Jesus). Neat lady.

Though I must admit as a small boy when the series first aired I was more interested in her in appearance than her personality.

Nimoy's father was in hardware, and he always kept an opening for his son should his acting aspirations not pay off... LOL  a good father.

The shin blessing yes is rabbinical and is extended out rather than up and with both hands as I recall.

I have a couple of blogs that I am trying to get Star Trek bigs wigs attention with about some ideas I have about a future Trek movie and a television series (of three eras to air every third week like the old Movie of the Week series did in the 1970's with Colombo, McCloud, and McMillan and Wife)....

I do not believe this is a violation of TOS if I link it here if it is please just remove it (mods).

http://open-letter-to-bob-orci.blogspot.com/ I organized it better than the last time I showed it to you, Spock.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

I found that the original series had more interesting stories than the new series (for my taste), I don't know, something about the new ones that don't feel...logical. Must be the script and acting like someone mentioned earlier.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Now, anyway. I heard her testimony, and she didn't know the Lord by the time she was in the show. In fact, at the time she had an alcohol problem, which is why she suddenly disappeared from the series.

But she's all better now. :)

Now, anyway. I heard her testimony, and she didn't know the Lord by the time she was in the show. In fact, at the time she had an alcohol problem, which is why she suddenly disappeared from the series.

But she's all better now. :)

Correct, she was not a believer then and is now. 

Her departure was actually about being one too many blondes on the show while the other blonde was sleeping with the shows executive producer (who later became his wife).

There was also something about being raped by a network executive (who she says the name of which will go to the grave with her). Then came the drinking, drugs and promiscuity... He faith is what actually turned her around as I understand it. She is an interesting lady, as I said.

Haven't seen her site online in sometime. Maybe she closed it. Her book is called the Longest Trek.

What I loved about the original series was the creativity. Some things were (yeah) a bit hoaky. But you have to imagine the shoestring budget they had to shoot what virtually a 48 minute movie each week for 26 weeks a year. They did not have the computer processes we have today. They had no realistic predecessors to go by (Buck Rogers, Lost In Space, Forbidden Planet). And Shatner as over the top as he was at times kept life in the show. A bit much in the ego department but one heck of an actor. You should listen to some of the interviews with him about the nighmarish pace he had to learn scripts that would change with no notice...

Hollywood was in a bit of a crisis in those days with television soaring and movies waning. People who were born in Vaudeville, grew up in radio, and were unemployed geniuses took any work they could get which is why the production and musical scores of the Original Star Trek Series were as great as they were. Again, the budge was small, so the backdrops etc did look a bit fake but my goodness has anyone ever seen how fake the set on a play looks? Even on Broadway! It's the craft of the artists and musicians that makes the show.

And what insight Roddenberry and Franz Joseph and Harve Bennett had keeping the show as believable as possible.

My hats off to the TOS version as the one who started with a blank slate.

The Next Generation is, imho, a complete farce that improved after the first two seasons to adequate. Out of the 90 or so episodes I only thought 10 or 12 were very good. The rest so / so or baaaaad. On the Star Trek board Jonathan Frakes and I go round and round on most everything. Yesterdays' Enterprise, both All Good Things, both Best of Both Worlds, Parallels, Future Imperfect, the Inner Light, Contagion... I can't think of anymore that were as good as these.

Voyager was watched when I had absolutely nothing better to do. Deep Space Nine I only liked the More Troubles More Tribbles episode.

Star Trek Enterprise was IMHO a far better work than people gave it credit for. Even with the superior to TOS treknologies the Through a Mirror Darkly episode showed how the TOS era was still very much in the future of ENT era. And the criers over canon this and that when pressed did not actually have a canon to cry into. The Daedalus class for example, was a dog ugly tripod microphone looking thing... the delta shape to half saucer to full saucer development line of ENT was far more believable. ENT explained the animosity between Vulcans and humans, how the Klingons got their ridges, who was involved in the augments... it also gave more credible science to how humans got out into the galaxy before TOS... not with sublight drive as TOS claimed but with sub warp 5 speed (some speed of light times 300 velocity). 

Berman and Braga most likely would never touch the franchise again with a ten foot pole after the way the fan treated them... but they were geniuses and filled in many gaps.

One hint I would have used if I were them at the time ENT was in production would be to say that the Movie First Contact did (even with the best efforts of the Enterprise E's crew) contaminate the timeline. Zefrem Cochrane's peeks at the Enterprise E could easily explain the design of the NX 01 being so much more like it.

Again, ENT got a lot of raw deals from fans who didn't really know what they wanted...

TOS and ENT are my faves.

Movies, the longer its been since I've seen the numbered movies the more I appreciate when I see them again and all that went into their making. Even Shatner's T J HOOKER movie (STAR TREK V the Final Frontier) gave me a better look at Kirk's inner workings that I did not see again till Chris Pine took the role.

Too much yelling in Star Trek III. Insurrection = waste of time (like Voyager Deep Space 9)... Nemesis = uselessness and senseless killing off of Data. Other actors could have played the part Mr. I'm too old Spiner. 

Reboots... they are what is. I do like the appeal to newer audiences. They are pretty haphazard with the facts like delta vega being where spock could see vulcan perish... a black hole that threatened to destroy the whole galaxy... the ranking system in Star Fleet where people left in charge are Captain and cadets can skip ranks... JJ was brought in to punch up what has been putting audiences to sleep for years... read my blog open letter to bob orci at blogspot.com and see what I mean about punching things up (with the characters I invision...) But that is really all JJ had in mind. IMHO

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You have to admit, TOS was good for poking fun at - i.e. the three most important people on the ship always beaming down to potentially dangerous unexplored planets.

My personal gripes with TNG -

What happened to "to explore strange new worlds?" What strange new worlds did they ever encounter?

The whole concept of humans having "evolved" beyond conflict resulted in the characters being rather flat. (Ensign Roe gave a welcome relief from that nonsense.)

Very little action.

Piccard was able to talk his way out of everything.

DS9 was actually my favorites of the spin-offs. Even though it wasn't "the Enterprise", the characters had more vibrant personalities than TNG did, and some interesting character dynamics and developments.

The Bashir-O'Brian friendship is my all-time favorite "odd couple" pairing developed into a series.

Voyager, IMO, started out as a good concept, but after a while things just started getting too ridiculous.

I lost interest with Enterprise early-on.

(Why was a Vulcan wearing a sexy outfit, anyway? Vulcans always wore robes.)

Anyway, those are may takes on the series.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I like it.  Sometimes I wonder if one of our jobs in Heaven will be to explore and marvel at God's Creation.  I think I could be happy exploring the farthest reaches of the universe and taking in the beauty of it all.

I really liked Stargate Universe and was so disappointed that it got cancelled.

Sign me up!!! :)