IGNORED

Judging atheists

Guest DRS81

Just share what will not enter the Kingdom of God.

Says dont be deceived concerning who will not enter the Kingdom of God, its not judging anyone decalring the truth of that.

I'm not judging them by telling them they are sinners? All this time I thought I've been doing something wrong and feeling guilty. :(

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AFlameOfFire

Why?

Good and upright is the LORD and he shall teach sinners in the way.

You can do a keyword search on sinners, its not a sin to admit the truth about who Christ died for.  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Why?

Good and upright is the LORD and he shall teach sinners in the way.

You can do a keyword search on sinners, its not a sin to admit the truth about who Christ died for.  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

I dunno, I feel that someone is going to get hurt either way if we admit their sins to them. Hurting or upsetting people is part of the deal I guess, no matter how gently you tell them.

Guest AFlameOfFire

Weeping and gnashing a bit later on being cast outside would hurt worse I believe.

But yeah, folks might reproach you, but if you are speaking His words to them they are really reproaching Him but its just falling on you.

Weeping and gnashing a bit later on being cast outside would hurt worse I believe.

But yeah, folks might reproach you, but if you are speaking His words to them they are really reproaching Him but its just falling on you.

True, well Jesus did say persecution would come.

Guest AFlameOfFire

Yeah, and for the word's sake.

Yeah, and for the word's sake.

I can't imagine how Jesus felt dying on the cross like that, dying for people's sin. The pain must of been wrenching.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with this statement. Its better to warn the person of the impending future doom than to send them there by not saying anything at all.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

But if we know someone who is comitting fornication for example or drinking every day and nobody says anything, then is that the way of God.

Love the fornicator and the alcoholic until he/she impregnants someone or their liver goes bad.

That's ok though, I loved them in the end and didn't judge them. 

I think we have to differentiate between correction and judgement. One, you can't correct a non-believer. A non-believer isn't saved, they're trapped in the sin and flee from the Light that's Jesus.So if someone turns their back on the Light, how can they be expected to live by it if all they know is darkness?

That's what Jesus meant when 'He said I am the Light of the world,' I've often thought about this verse and its meanings. Jesus’ life and sacrifice brought life to the world that’s for sure. By dying for man’s sin, Jesus opened to gate to Heaven (the gate that He Himself claimed to be), and this most defiantly brought light to mankind.

Yet we must remember that Jesus was hardly in His thirties when He died for us, and before that there was only sin and darkness. Jesus is claiming to be the contrast. He is saying that before Him, we had only known darkness and therefore we were ignorant of the darkness that we were in. But when Jesus entered the world, we identified Him as the light, and now we had a contrast. Since Jesus was utterly sinless, now we can perceive just how far sin had penetrated our very being. We now have a definition of righteousness in Christ Himself.

What’s almost scary about this is that Jesus is taking away our naivety. He’s saying that before Him we knew no light- we were like children who didn't know better. Now that Jesus had entered the world, there would be no more excuses. I've often thought about this verse and its meanings. Jesus’ life and sacrifice brought life to the world that’s for sure. By dying for man’s sin, Jesus opened to gate to Heaven (the gate that He Himself claimed to be), and this most defiantly brought light to mankind.

Before Jesus, knew no light- we were like children who didn’t know better, but now we've accepted Him as Lord, we're expected to conform to Him. While God wants all man to find Salvation, He can't, and doesn't expect man to be more than he is in his sinful state. If God expected this of sinners, we'd be able to save ourselves. It's only those that are saved that are expected to conform to Jesus. God doesn't care about atheists bettering themselves, only Jesus can do that. So He cares only for a man's faith. Think of Jesus as the Doctor that cures sin. You don't try to cure yourself of an illness before you go to the doctor, just to be presentable. You go to the doctor while you're still sick, as we go to Jesus while we're still sinners. Jesus doesn't expect man to clean Himself up before he is saved, and neither should we. As Dr Andrew J. Willis says 'sinners do what sinners do.'

Edited by AlanLamb0986

What does the Bible say about judging atheists.

The Bible is strange about judgment...test the spirits vs Matt 7:1

Where does it say we have authority to test atheists,

because scripture says we can test false prophets.

Are atheists considered false prophets since they flat out deny the Word?

As far as I am aware, most Atheists don't make future predictions, so I guess they don't count as false prophets.

They are false teachers with a false doctrine.  They have some explanation for how we got here, and since God is left out, it is false.  I don't think we have to judge them.  We know there is only one way to be saved, and that is faith in Christ, so unless they somehow come around to believing, they are doomed.