• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi there,

I'm Ron Daniel. Fourteen years old of age. I won't make this a long read, so long story short. I'm a student. I started school at the right time this school year, but I stopped during the middle part of the year. I'm in a family which is struggling a financial issue, so basically that'll be one of the reasons why. But now, my mom has transferred to a better work, four times her salary from her old one and we could now afford me to study. (I have two younger sisters too!). So they want me to study again, I would want that too. But they want me to continue in the school I stopped in. I'm ashamed of facing my old classmates, because they're type of people who takes advantages of people, mean, bullies. But I'm not hating them or anything. I'm just really... sensitive. I've been bullied for the past year, I'm so hurt. So again, my parents want me to study back again in the same school, but I don't want to. But the bible says to honor my mother and father, but my heart is so broken right now. They've been asking me for an answer and told them to please give me time. What do you guys think? Should I continue this year? Or should I just wait for this school year to end and enroll the next year.

I'm really terrified as if the school was a living hell.

My parents tried using an iPhone as a bait (like, "We'll buy you an iPhone if you'd continue your studies."), but I'm not really after the iPhone, I want to know what God's plan is for me. Should I continue it or what so ever.

I've been seeking for an answer from God, but maybe someone here could probably give some advice.

Expecting for a fast answer as soon,

Ron.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Are you being bullied in a private school? Sheesh, is nothing sacred?

My first inclination is to say go back to school; education isn't an option. There will always be bullies (I'm a 5 foot tall opinionated Jew, I know being bullied!) and at 14 you should be learning to (1) deal with opposition, and (2) learn to not give other people that kind of power over you. You'll never have any peace or achieve your goals if you let people walk all over you.

My Dad taught me how to fight back and I developed a thick skin, metaphorically and literally. I'm not advocating violence or bullying back. I mean standing up for yourself. Bullies are notorious for being cowards and people of inferior character and riddled with insecurities. When you stand up to one, you're doing what they cannot do and they won't know what to do with you.

I wish you well, Ron.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Hi Ron! Welcome to Worthy!

Living where you do, what is school like? I am sure it is not like the schools I went to when I was your age, and that was 46 years ago.

We are told to honor our parents, yet we are also told to be honest. Have you been honest with them about how you feel bullied and your fears with returning? That is where I would start. Open a dialog with them, letting them know what truly is happening.

God Bless,

Alan

My first inclination is to say go back to school; education isn't an option. There will always be bullies (I'm a 5 foot tall opinionated Jew, I know being bullied!) and at 14 you should be learning to (1) deal with opposition, and (2) learn to not give other people that kind of power over you. You'll never have any peace or achieve your goals if you let people walk all over you.

My Dad taught me how to fight back and I developed a thick skin, metaphorically and literally. I'm not advocating violence or bullying back. I mean standing up for yourself. Bullies are notorious for being cowards and people of inferior character and riddled with insecurities. When you stand up to one, you're doing what they cannot do and they won't know what to do with you.

I wish you well, Ron.

Thank you for the response. Yes, I am being bullied in a Private School. I'll have to agree about standing up for myself. I should show them that I'm untouchable indeed. Hopefully it was easier done than said. But it'll be worth a try.

Living where you do, what is school like? I am sure it is not like the schools I went to when I was your age, and that was 46 years ago.

We are told to honor our parents, yet we are also told to be honest. Have you been honest with them about how you feel bullied and your fears with returning? That is where I would start. Open a dialog with them, letting them know what truly is happening.

God Bless,

Alan

Hi, thank you for the response. Basically I'm originally from the Philippines, but I'm living in United Arab Emirates (UAE). But here in the UAE, some schools offer Filipino Curriculums in which I indeed study in a Filipino Curriculum since I am a Filipino. Filipino Curriculum is like, 2 Years of Kinder Garten -> 6 Years of Grade School -> 4 Years of Highschool, then we go to college. I've tried, but my dad has been quite persistant. I'm still praying for the revelation of God over this situation and that he would give me the courage to come back.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I wish you well, Ron.

Thank you for the response. Yes, I am being bullied in a Private School. I'll have to agree about standing up for myself. I should show them that I'm untouchable indeed. Hopefully it was easier done than said. But it'll be worth a try.

God Bless,

Alan

Hi, thank you for the response. Basically I'm originally from the Philippines, but I'm living in United Arab Emirates (UAE). But here in the UAE, some schools offer Filipino Curriculums in which I indeed study in a Filipino Curriculum since I am a Filipino. Filipino Curriculum is like, 2 Years of Kinder Garten -> 6 Years of Grade School -> 4 Years of Highschool, then we go to college. I've tried, but my dad has been quite persistant. I'm still praying for the revelation of God over this situation and that he would give me the courage to come back.

What are the nationality of the kids bullying you? Is it a multinational school or are there United Arab Emirate kids there as well? 

It is a multi-national school.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

It is a multi-national school.

Junanio, my wife is from the Philippines. I have been there a few times and will be back in Batangas and Cebu in February. She attended university and is a math and English teacher as well as having a business degree.  I have not spoken to her, but i already know her answer, as do you. You know that to work in your country, or to make a success elsewhere and come back to live comfortably you have to have an excellent education.

How many graduates do you know are working at Jolly B? There is not much work around, but the country is flying! It's growth this year was over 6%, property is soaring and the future as an Asian powerhouse is huge!

Go back to school, that is my advice. look beyond the UAE and at your home country for your future.

Mahal, son.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Praying for you,this is difficult for you but Fez is right,you should get your education , I agree also very much with Marnie,don't let those kids get to you,stand up for yourself and they will stop they will only bully you if you let them,just completely ignore them and if you have to talk to an adult in the school. Please go back to school you are still so young ..

Bullying is terrible ! Can you start an anti bullying group in school?