• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

A Big Flood......Maybe?

A flood does not support the geologic column in any way.  There is no fossil evidence, or archaelogical evidence, or geologic evidence to support a flood.  There are simple experiments that you could do in your front yard that should prove that to you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

A Big Flood......Maybe?

A flood does not support the geologic column in any way.  There is no fossil evidence, or archaelogical evidence, or geologic evidence to support a flood.  There are simple experiments that you could do in your front yard that should prove that to you.

So you're saying there aren't any fossils?? The evidence is the fossils and the Grand Canyon et al...you also failed to touch on "Polystrate Fossils"??

"There are simple experiments that you could do in your front yard that should prove that to you."

:huh: Yes, and.....?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

A Big Flood......Maybe?

So you're saying there aren't any fossils??

Where did I say that?  I said there is no fossil evidence to support a flood.

A Big Flood......Maybe?

"There are simple experiments that you could do in your front yard that should prove that to you."

Take 144 similar sized pebbles and number 12 of each 1-12.  Put the pebbles and dirt in a bucket with water and shake.  the pebbles will be interspersed in the silt in no particular order. 

Next, do the same experiment, but put in some dirt, shake, but only put in the pebbles numbered 1.  After the sediment has settled do the same, but only add the pebbles numbered 2.  Repeat until all of the soil and pebbles are gone.  You will have layers of soil with pebbles sorted based on the order they were dropped in the bucket.  Bucket two is how fossils were laid down - in date order.  This uniformity absolutely points to evolution and supports the geologic column.

you also failed to touch on "Polystrate Fossils"??

There are multiple refutations of Polystrate Fossils disproving the geologic column.  I would hope you could Google them, but if not, at your request, I could post some links.

Guest shiloh357

A flood does not support the geologic column in any way.  There is no fossil evidence, or archaelogical evidence, or geologic evidence to support a flood. 

There is a plethora of fossil evidence that supports the biblical flood narrative.  There are marine animals that appear miles above sea level.  There are deposits of other animals in mountainous regions where those animals don't live.  

There is evidence of rapid deposits of sediment and rapid erosion and in some cases, no erosion between layers of sediment. 

A Big Flood......Maybe?

So you're saying there aren't any fossils??

Where did I say that?  I said there is no fossil evidence to support a flood.

A Big Flood......Maybe?

Take 144 similar sized pebbles and number 12 of each 1-12.  Put the pebbles and dirt in a bucket with water and shake.  the pebbles will be interspersed in the silt in no particular order. 

Next, do the same experiment, but put in some dirt, shake, but only put in the pebbles numbered 1.  After the sediment has settled do the same, but only add the pebbles numbered 2.  Repeat until all of the soil and pebbles are gone.  You will have layers of soil with pebbles sorted based on the order they were dropped in the bucket.  Bucket two is how fossils were laid down - in date order.  This uniformity absolutely points to evolution and supports the geologic column.

"Where did I say that?  I said there is no fossil evidence to support a flood."

Right here...."There is no fossil evidence, or archaelogical evidence, or geologic evidence to support a flood."

Fossils are Fossils.

"Take 144 similar sized pebbles and number 12 of each 1-12.  Put the pebbles and dirt in a bucket with water and shake.  the pebbles will be interspersed in the silt in no particular order.

Next, do the same experiment, but put in some dirt, shake, but only put in the pebbles numbered 1.  After the sediment has settled do the same, but only add the pebbles numbered 2.  Repeat until all of the soil and pebbles are gone.  You will have layers of soil with pebbles sorted based on the order they were dropped in the bucket.  Bucket two is how fossils were laid down - in date order.  This uniformity absolutely points to evolution and supports the geologic column."

Where did you get this nonsense?  You're leaving out 100's or so of other sentiments not to mention THOUSANDS of Unknown/ Confounding variables.  This is quite humorous however.

you also failed to touch on "Polystrate Fossils"??

There are multiple refutations of Polystrate Fossils disproving the geologic column.  I would hope you could Google them, but if not, at your request, I could post some links.

You post them and speak to them.

But wait, before we go any further.....

How do I know what you are saying is TRUTH?

You failed to reply to this before and it's very important.....

Based on your World View (atheist) that everything is Material and brought about by "Naturalistic" processes ....you believe in Information then TRUTH?  How?  Information/TRUTH is Supernatural by definition....

Information is immaterial and does not emanate from matter---atoms/molecules, ink, chalk, ect contain ZERO Information intrinsically:

"The meaning of the message will not be found in the physics and chemistry of the paper and ink" -Roger Sperry (neurobiologist and Nobel laureate)

I would go further and ask.....WHAT MESSAGE??

Moreover, and this is quite troubling, you come here telling me what TRUTH is..... all the while standing on my World View??  By proxy of your beliefs/World View, Thoughts/then Truth are nothing more than the result of Chemical Reactions.  How do you get Truth from that??

Shake up a can of Pepsi and a can of Sprite then open them up.....which one is True/False??

What you're offering us here, based on your World View, is basically Brain Fizz.  How do you know it's TRUTH based on your World View??  Do you expect me to believe it?

Ironically.... in effect, You are standing on my World View (GOD) telling me there is no GOD.

Information>>>> Knowledge>>>>>> Truth are Supernatural by definition and the Author is Supernatural.....My GOD and Savior Jesus Christ.  If you wish, you can adopt the World View in which you are standing....it's absolutely FREE, PAID IN FULL!!

Also, Software/Information (The Real You) is Mass-less; therefore, Timeless....Eternal. :o    Now that's Profound!

Where did you get this nonsense? 

5th grade science.  I'm not leaving out anything.  You are positing a global flood.  What variables could there be if the flood occurred at one time.  Sedimentation follows certain principals, that is why the simple experiment I posited proves such a powerful point.

Based on your World View (atheist)

You don't know my world view.  I am mischaracterized here.  That said, my world view does not impact physics, geology, hydrology, biology, etc nor does yours.

Where did you get this nonsense? 

5th grade science.  I'm not leaving out anything.  You are positing a global flood.  What variables could there be if the flood occurred at one time.  Sedimentation follows certain principals, that is why the simple experiment I posited proves such a powerful point.

Do some HEAVY Homework then comeback