What if your parents are spiritualist?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

When i became a Christian my friends were Christian. But my parents are into spiritualism. I have a sister into new age. Oprah kind of stuff. Going to their homes I felt spiritual attacks. They would start arguments and gang up on me. I asked my paster what to do. He gave me two peaces of advice. 1. Pray before I go over there 2. agree to disagree. I prayed on the car ride to there home. It made a huge deference. I would say "lets agree to disagree" and the argument if there was one was ended, My parents are both gone now. But I have seen signs of hope. My Mother even started coming to my church. My sister still needs prayer. I still pray before I go to her home. Prayer makes all the difference.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

When i became a Christian my friends were Christian. But my parents are into spiritualism. I have a sister into new age. Oprah kind of stuff. Going to their homes I felt spiritual attacks. They would start arguments and gang up on me. I asked my paster what to do. He gave me two peaces of advice. 1. Pray before I go over there 2. agree to disagree. I prayed on the car ride to there home. It made a huge deference. I would say "lets agree to disagree" and the argument if there was one was ended, My parents are both gone now. But I have seen signs of hope. My Mother even started coming to my church. My sister still needs prayer. I still pray before I go to her home. Prayer makes all the difference.

I think that your pastor had good advise to pray before you go over there.Your parents are gone?Does that mean they have died?As long as you spread the word of Jesus Christ to your sister that is all that needs to happen.You have planted the seed.God is the only one who can change the heart.

My parents have died. I do try to plant seeds with my sister. She is a tough one. She needs prayer, Gods love and to know Jesus as Lord. Pleas pray for her. God bless you

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/03/1973

Hmmm

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking back my mother was very fearful. She believed when I became a christian I would not let her see her grandchildren. I loved my parents and even though I set boundaries I never kept my children away from my parents. I don't know were her fear came from. Probably from the spirits she was involved with. I have heard that spiritualism can create fear in people. My parents accepted my boundaries and my children grew up to be christians. They loved their grandparents even though they new their grandparents religion to be a cult. My parents came to understand my love was unconditional and accepted me as a christian. My mother even enjoyed coming to my church. When my parents were near their deaths I saw signs of coming to the Lord. i will not know for sure until I am in heaven. But I was very much comforted in the end.

Cletus; For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of sound mind.

Amen