IGNORED

Dino's (and others) Soft Tissue

Enoch2021

Guest shiloh357

Yeah, the article is a farce.   We would not expect to find any soft tissue in large dinosaur bones after 65 million years.   We would not expect to find a trace of carbon, much less soft tissue after the long of period of time. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Genesis says "And the Earth gave forth"  that means evolution to me. I think God created us using His organized and perfect system called natural selection.  Dinosaurs happened in between the lines of "fish of the sea and birds of the air" Since birds are the descendants of dinosaurs. This makes sense.  Biologos.org  Is for Christians who believe God created evolution. Much like how a computer whiz writes a program. 

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

What a well thought out rebuttal to the article posted by Spock. Glad we only deal in proof and not ad hominem attacks on this site

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Genesis says "And the Earth gave forth"  that means evolution to me. I think God created us using His organized and perfect system called natural selection.  Dinosaurs happened in between the lines of "fish of the sea and birds of the air" Since birds are the descendants of dinosaurs. This makes sense.  Biologos.org  Is for Christians who believe God created evolution. Much like how a computer whiz writes a program. 

Hello fromeasttowest.  That's quite interesting....why don't you start a new thread with your Main Ideas: (Evolution/Natural Selection/Dino's to Birds) and see what kind of response you receive.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Enoch,

I have done some reading up on this since you started this thread and I could not find anything conclusive from either side that points to this possible soft tissue meaning the earth has to be young. Lots of issues to overcome besides age of the earth on this one. Like someone mentioned, surviving 6000 years or 65 million years, so what?

Bottom line: I could not find anything that said the presence of this soft tissue absolutely means a young earth. The issue In my opinion still is the reliability of dating the fossils (the age of these bones the soft tissue is attached to).

This was my favorite article if you are interested:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geology/soft-tissue-dinosaur-fossil.htm

Enoch,

I have done some reading up on this since you started this thread and I could not find anything conclusive from either side that points to this possible soft tissue meaning the earth has to be young. Lots of issues to overcome besides age of the earth on this one. Like someone mentioned, surviving 6000 years or 65 million years, so what?

Bottom line: I could not find anything that said the presence of this soft tissue absolutely means a young earth.

This was my favorite article if you are interested:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/earth/geology/soft-tissue-dinosaur-fossil.htm

Hey Spock,

enjoyed reading it and I think I may have come across this before.  Also the "Contamination" issue has long been debunked.

I could not find anything that said the presence of this soft tissue absolutely means a young earth.

Spock, nobody has to tell me I'm eating a Turkey Club.   :)

From your source:

Because the prevailing scientific theory links dinosaurs and birds from an evolutionary standpoint,

This Homology is nonsense and an Unproven Speculation.

Just because the Lug Nuts from a Jeep can Fit on a Chevy doesn't mean they both evolved from a Tin Can 3 billion years ago.  Common Designer?  Perhaps?

Schweitzer offers hypotheses for how the tissue could have survived so long. One is that the densely mineralized bone, combined with as-yet-undiscovered geological or environmental processes, protected the structures within

Do I even have to comment?

Fallacy.....Argument to The Future.  It's a Clumsy one @ that.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Enoch,

Sorry bro, that was about the best I could do for you on this thread. I added this sentence to my prior post-this issue still comes down to the reliability of radiometric dating on the fossils and rocks. But, I'm glad you have peace through your studies. That's important.

Reading all these science threads and corresponding articles are making my head get bigger and bigger which I am now afraid of some kind of spontaneous combustion. Think Green Mile scene. Ouch!

Take care,

Spock out

Enoch,

Sorry bro, that was about the best I could do for you on this thread. I added this sentence to my prior post-this issue still comes down to the reliability of radiometric dating on the fossils and rocks. But, I'm glad you have peace through your studies. That's important.

Reading all these science threads and corresponding articles are making my head get bigger and bigger which I am now afraid of some kind of spontaneous combustion. Think Green Mile scene. Ouch!

Take care,

Spock out

=================================================================================================================

Sorry bro, that was about the best I could do for you on this thread. I added this sentence to my prior post-this issue still comes down to the reliability of radiometric dating on the fossils and rocks

Yes Sir, I know it.  There's no way out

Pace yourself  :)

I Love it when you guys post with SUPPORTING EVIDENCE.  I'm built to SCRUTINIZE down to the apostrophe LOL.......and that's from either side.  Military has ruined me....I guess it's a Curse and a Blessing.

Good Day Sir

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

I Love it when you guys post with SUPPORTING EVIDENCE.  I'm built to SCRUTINIZE down to the apostrophe LOL.......and that's from either side.  Military has ruined me....I guess it's a Curse and a Blessing.

Good Day Sir

Speaking of SUPPORTING EVIDENCE, would you mind give a little bit of that for this statement you made...

IN FACT, There is some evidence that MOSES was given the Torah LETTER BY LETTER