kwikphilly

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Interesting to me that Abraham was 58 years old when Noah died, but Shem lived about 35 years longer than Abraham.

Jacob was 48 years old when Shem died...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The canopy theory is not far fetched when you consider that Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune all have canopies of whatever gas / liquid in abundance the have.

Technical detail, but before using this claim, you need to consider that the gas giant planets have that gas "canopy" on account of the much colder temperatures they exist in.

Grasping after straws...

Space is cold...

Care to guess the temp 100 miles above earth???

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Interesting to me that Abraham was 58 years old when Noah died, but Shem lived about 35 years longer than Abraham.

Yes a chart of the generations of genesis 10 is cool to look at.

unnamed.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The canopy theory is not far fetched when you consider that Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune all have canopies of whatever gas / liquid in abundance the have.

Technical detail, but before using this claim, you need to consider that the gas giant planets have that gas "canopy" on account of the much colder temperatures they exist in.

Grasping after straws...

Space is cold...

Care to guess the temp 100 miles above earth???

No, I was not grasping for straws.

And no, I was not trying to discredit your theory.

I was simply pointing out a technicality that you needed to consider for this part of the presentation.

What I mentioned was Astronomy 101 basics. It is much more cold in the outer reaches of the solar system then the region Earth is in. And that cold contributes to the kinds of gassy atmospheres they have.

In The scripture pertaining to Noah bringing the animals into the ark, In Genesis 7:2&3   Of every "clean beast" thou shalt take to thee by sevens, wasn't the reason they were called clean was because of not only were they used as sacrifices for sin but also for meat? 

I know that the animal sacrifices meant the innocent blood to cover the guilty blood, which represented Jesus innocent blood that covers our guilty blood, "blood meaning life." 

Otherwise I don't understand why they were called "clean beast." 

What made them considered clean?

I know that Abels offering to the Lord of the firstlings of his flock(sacrificial lamb) represents the salvation of Jesus, He's our lamb slain(the cross) before the foundation of the world. 

I remember, before I could see Gods words, i had seen pictures of animals going into the ark and they were only in twos of unclean beasts, never had i seen where there were 7 of the clean beasts also, and yes it does say they went in 2 by 2, male and female, but with the clean beasts they went in 2 by 2, in sevens.  

I don't even know why this is on my mind...lol, just curious i guess. :mgcheerful:

:thumbsup:

Beloved You Are Correct

Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. Genesis 7:2

It Was Sacrifice

And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. Genesis 8:20

And To Keep The LORD's Holy People

For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy;

for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.

This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth:

To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten. Leviticus 11:44-47

Holy (Separate) Unto Him

You are to be holy to me because I, the LORD, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own. Leviticus 20:26

~

And Why Should A Hollywood That Uses Men Like Charlton Heston As Their Great Moses

(Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.) Numbers 12:3 (NIV)

Ever Be Expected To Always Get It Right About God's Word

~

Think Adam And Eve Will Ever Pack A Picnic Basket

And Ride With Buddy On The Dinosaur Train

I Doubt Dr. Scott the Paleontologist

Would Ever Stand For It, lol

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Yes a chart of the generations of genesis 10 is cool to look at.

unnamed.jpg

Interesting picture.....   where'd you get it.

The canopy theory is not far fetched when you consider....

:thumbsup:

And Tule Fog Too

When no bush of the field was yet in the land and no small plant of the field had yet sprung up—for the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the land, and there was no man to work the ground, and a mist was going up from the land and was watering the whole face of the ground— Genesis 2:5-6 (ESV)

Before I Became Ill, One Of My Passionate Hobbies Was Ornamental Horticulture

And I Observed Many Plants Were Engineered With Their Feeder Roots

Massed Directly Below Their Leaf Drip Line

Almost As If They Were Designed

With No Need For Rain

(Around 4:30 AM On Most San Francisco Mornings. The Fog Is So Heavy It Causes Streams Of Water To Run Down The Sides Of Buildings)