IGNORED

There is 1 God so why to we pray to Jesus or God?

AMD2093

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  3

i've been confused by this since i was about 7. (Im 20 now!)

There is ONE God.

From my understanding, God created Jesus. which is a human, but himself. Makes sense, God & Jesus are the same person. So why do people say that Jesus sits in Heaven at Gods side? and why to we sometimes pray to God and other times to Jesus? and what does "In Jesus name we pray" mean? 

The ONLY way you will truly understand this is to thoroughly study the scriptures! If you get a concordance and look up every verse in the New testament that mentions "Father", "Holy Spirit", and "Jesus" or "The Son", especially those that mention 2 or all of them together in the same verse, you will quickly begin to see the relationship between them, that each is God, and all are God together as one. This is not that amazing, since God is greater than man, that He can exist in three distinct beings, and yet be entirely united as one at the same time. He is GOD after all!

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Ok let's analyze this! Gospel of John Chapter 10:30 which does say I and my Father are one but if we goes to the context in which sense did he say that. Lets analyze this.

Gospel of John chapter 10:23

Jesus walk into the temple of Solomon Porch and the Jews came around him and asked him, how long does thou make us doubt, if thou be the Christ tell us plainly, Verse 25 says: I told you but believe me not the work that I do in my Father's name they bear witness of me. Verse 26 says: you believe not because you are not my sheep as I said unto you.

The Jews they were asking Jesus Christ that why don't you speak plainly, so he tells them that I'm the Christ I have told you clearly but you're not my sheep you don't believe in me. Verse 27 continues Jesus say: my sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me. Verse 28 says: I give them eternal life no man can pluck them out of my hand and they shall not perish. Verse 29 says: my Father who's give it to me, He's greater than all no man can pluck them out of my Father's hand and verse 30 says: I and my Father are one.

Any person who are little bit tense can make out I and my Father are one doesn't mean that One as One person. It means One in purpose verse 28 says: Jesus Christ say, no man can pluck them out of my hand. Verse 29 says, no man can pluck out of my Father's hand. Verse 30 says, I and my Father are one. In purpose both Jesus and Almighty God, they are one in purpose. If I say that my father is a doctor and I'm a doctor and if I say I and my father are one. What does it mean? It means one in purpose as medical profession my father is a doctor and I'm a doctor, it doesn't mean that I and my father are one. It means my father is a medical doctor and I'm a medical doctor.

If we say ONE in actual unity. If we go ahead in Gospel of John Chapter 17:21

Jesus Christ says: Ye all of them are one, my Father in me and I in thy we all are one. Does it means that God Almighty is in Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ in his all 12 disciples, so there will be 14 Gods! Jesus Christ, God Almighty and 12 disciples. The same ONE is use here and there.

No! all of them God Almighty, Jesus Christ and apostles are one in purpose, again if we go two verse ahead John 17:23 says: that I am in thy and you are in me says the disciples. Does it makes all of them God? No. It means one in purpose.

Lets go ahead little bit more John 10:31 says: and Jews picked up stones against to stone at Jesus verse 32 says: for which of the good works of my father do you stone me verse 33 says: we don't stone you for any good work but because you blasphemy: being a man call yourself God that's why we stone you. Verse 34 Jesus answer: is it not mention in your scriptures that ye are gods and if the person to whom the word of God came, if he says God the scriptures are not broken.

Checkup in the Bible in Psalms 82:6 just says that: ye are gods

So Jesus Christ gave the answer to whom the word of God came, if you called him God it is not blasphemy, it is meaning that they are one in purpose.

Edited by True_Faith50

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Who do you say Jesus is truefaith? 

We should not test God! Here we test "Human Being" weather you believe it or not because I know that God is always right!

Water can be in 3 states

- Solid

- Liquid

- Gas

Similarly God can be in 3 Forms (suppose)

- Father

- Son

- Holy Ghost

Scientifically I do agree water can be in 3 forms Solid, Liquid and Gas. But scientifically we also know that the component of the water still remain the same H2o. Two items of hydrogen and one item of oxygen. The components remain the same the forms keep on changing. There is no problem!

Now the concept of "Trinity"

Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Forms changes, for the sake of argument I agree but did the component changes?

God and Holy Ghost is made of spirit, Human Being are made of flesh and bones, they aren't the same human being requires to eat and spirit doesn't require to eat. God doesn't require eat to survive and this is testify by Jesus Christ himself in the Gospel of Luke 24:36-39

He says: Behold my hands and feet, handed me and see for a spirit has no flesh and bones, this proves that even scientifically not possible.

Concept of trinity doesn't exist in the Bible. The only verse which is closes to the concept of "Trinity" is the 1 Epistle of John 5:7 which says: For there are 3 that bear upon in heaven Father, The word and the Holy Ghost and these 3 are 1.

But if you read the RSV (Revise Standard Version) revised by 30 Scholars of the highest eminent they say this verse of the Bible is an interpolation. it was thrown out of the bible.

Edited by True_Faith50

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Hey true faith, who do you say Jesus is?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I really wish everyone would stop using the term god in these discussions.....   it makes it very difficult to understand who you are talking about.

It is very easy to understand if you read the scriptures carefully! here I explain you what does "gods" means here...

Jews were looking for trouble, so they picked up stone to stone him, so Jesus say many good work have I showed you from my Father for which of those works will you stone me. So, they say for a good work we stone ye not but for blasphemy because thou being a man make us that self a God. You are a man and you claiming to be God. That's another false charge. First false charge was that he is talking ambiguously, now another false charge he is claiming to be God. That's the Jews alleged the Christians agrees with the Jews they said he did make such a claim but he was entitled to it. The Jews says blaspheme but the Christian say it is not blasphemy because he was entitled to.

Let us hear what does Jesus says:

Is it not written in your law (Torah) I said ye are "gods" you are gods, if God Almighty call them gods to whom the word of God came means the "Prophets" are called gods in our language. The Prophets.

Exodus 7:1 God Almighty speaks to Moses, it says: behold I have made you a "god" to Pharaoh and Aaron your brother shall be your prophet.

Psalms 82:6 says: Ye are gods and all of you are the children of most high.

That's the genius of the Jewish language that when the person is called god, he is not "God" Like in 2 Corinthians 4:4 says: and the Devil is the god of this world. Is he God the Devil? No, this is the language, Jews are all gods. That's the genius of the Jewish language.

Edited by True_Faith50

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey true faith, who do you say Jesus is?

He apparently does not want to answer this question.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It is very easy to understand if you read the scriptures carefully! here I explain you what does "gods" means here...

the Hebrew and Greek word for god is the same for the Father Jesus Moloch and Baal.....    it's the context that makes the difference.

Many people are their own god and the devil has been preaching that since the garden.  Money can be a god....   drugs can be a god...   whatever you put first in your life can be a god.    the capitol "G" is put there by the translators and it's totally from context from everything I've read and been taught.

Exactly! it's the context that makes the difference.

In order to fully understand the verse you must go through the whole context. You just can't read pieces from the bible and comes to conclusion. The whole context gives you the clear view of the verse to understand and that's why many people are misunderstood because they don't read the  context.

Lets have a look! Word "Worship" in the Bible

John 9:38 and some different translations. This word "worshipping" is not worshipping as a God and many people misunderstood this.

GOD'S WORD Translation 1995

The man bowed in front of Jesus and said, "I believe, Lord"

KING JAMES 2000 BIBLE 2003

And he said, Lord I believe. And he worshipped him.

Douay-Rheims Bible

And he said, I believe, Lord and falling down, he adored him.

Here "Worship" word is extreme form of love not worshipping as a God. If I say he worship money or he worship his wife, it doesn't mean that he worship as a God. it means he loves her extremely.

Edited by True_Faith50