IGNORED

To cover or not to cover ?

Izzel

Head covering   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should Christian women cover their heads ?

• YES
    • NO
    • OTHER

Guest Butero

What has been crazy to me is how many times people keep asking questions about if a woman has short hair, how will that effect her at the judgment, like anyone is claiming this is a sin issue.  We have a lot of disagreement in this thread, and even the poll itself is split almost down the middle, but there is universal agreement on both sides this is not a salvation issue.  Nobody, and I repeat, nobody, is saying a woman with short hair is doomed to hell, or a man with long hair is doomed to hell.  Nobody here is taking that position.  There are probably churches that teach that, but nobody here is.  The only objection I have to the other side is when they want to simply ignore the passage and claim it has no relevance to today's society.  There is a reason for it.  It is a sign of authority, one we willingly obey or disobey, but that's it.  If you choose to be contentious, all of us agree you can still be saved.  Given that is the case, I am amazed anyone gets so upset that some of us actually try to follow this teaching and when asked, say others should also, not because of their salvation, but as a Biblical sign to men and the angels. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,072
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This is not a hard understanding!!!!

2 Cor 10:7-11

7 Do you look at things according to the outward appearance? If anyone

is convinced in himself that he is Christ's, let him again consider this

in himself, that just as he is Christ's, even so we are Christ's.

8 For even if I should boast somewhat more about our authority, which the

Lord gave us for edification and not for your destruction, I shall not be

ashamed — 9 lest I seem to terrify you by letters. 10 "For his letters,"

they say, "are weighty and powerful, but his bodily presence is weak, and

his speech contemptible." 11 Let such a person consider this, that what we

are in word by letters when we are absent, such we will also be in deed

when we are present

NKJV

Tell me what this is saying BTU please? Love, Steven

Guest Butero

when we are present

NKJV

There were people that were saying negative things about Paul.  He came across one way in his letters, but things were different in person, sort of like when you hear a speech on the radio as opposed to watching it be delivered.  He is just saying that regardless of how he comes across when delivering a message as opposed to how he comes across when he writes a letter, he is the same person, and the information is just as accurate. 

BTW, this has nothing to do with the topic being discussed.  No, it is not hard to understand.  It is milk. 

when we are present

NKJV

There were people that were saying negative things about Paul.  He came across one way in his letters, but things were different in person, sort of like when you hear a speech on the radio as opposed to watching it be delivered.  He is just saying that regardless of how he comes across when delivering a message as opposed to how he comes across when he writes a letter, he is the same person, and the information is just as accurate. 

BTW, this has nothing to do with the topic being discussed.  No, it is not hard to understand.  It is milk.

So it does not instruct us that we as man are not to be self reliant upon outward appearances but

on God alone Who is able to see the heart? As Paul possibly the greatest of missionaries in work and deed

yet in his presence the appearance and speaking would not indicate that? Deriving from this context this truth

then taking it into the context of long or short hair do we see that it is the witness of those times that a

woman with short hair was viewed as a certain type and was to cover her head so as not to cause those around who

still rely on themselves by outward appearance to know the inward, the mistake of this taught in Scripture by the

appearance of Jesus Himself

Isa 53:2

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground:

he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we

should desire him.

KJV

Pride has no place in the regenerated heart but to demand external superficial temporal indicators which

passes away like itself... Love, Steven

Guest Butero

when we are present

NKJV

So it does not instruct us that we as man are not to be self reliant upon outward appearances but

on God alone Who is able to see the heart? As Paul possibly the greatest of missionaries in work and deed

yet in his presence the appearance and speaking would not indicate that? Deriving from this context this truth

then taking it into the context of long or short hair do we see that it is the witness of those times that a

woman with short hair was viewed as a certain type and was to cover her head so as not to cause those around who

still rely on themselves by outward appearance to know the inward, the mistake of this taught in Scripture by the

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground:

he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we

should desire him.

KJV

Pride has no place in the regenerated heart but to demand external superficial temporal indicators which

No, it does not teach us that.  It was Paul that taught on hair length.  You are taking this out of context.  If I really took it like you do, then nothing about our appearance would matter.  We could go around with no clothes on, and nobody could say anything.  It is an absurd comparison and misuse of scripture. 

when we are present

NKJV

should desire him.

KJV

No, it does not teach us that.  It was Paul that taught on hair length.  You are taking this out of context.  If I really took it like you do, then nothing about our appearance would matter.  We could go around with no clothes on, and nobody could say anything.  It is an absurd comparison and misuse of scripture.

1 Cor 11:16

But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

KJV

Love, Steven

Guest Butero

when we are present

NKJV

should desire him.

KJV

But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

KJV

Love, Steven

Where have you been Steven?  How many times have I said that this is not a salvation issue, and if someone wants to be contentious, they can do so without going to hell?  I would guess at least 5 times or more, and one very recently.  That still doesn't mean we should ignore the passage.  It just means that if someone insists on ignoring it, they can do so and remain saved. 

when we are present

NKJV

should desire him.

KJV

KJV

Love, Steven

Where have you been Steven?  How many times have I said that this is not a salvation issue, and if someone wants to be contentious, they can do so without going to hell?  I would guess at least 5 times or more, and one very recently.  That still doesn't mean we should ignore the passage.  It just means that if someone insists on ignoring it, they can do so and remain saved.

I quoted a single verse and your reply "and if someone wants to be contentious, they can do so without going to hell"

is your comment shows you are on an agenda that I am not... no more can be gained in dialog between us! Peace and Love,

BTU, Steven

Guest Butero

when we are present

NKJV

should desire him.

KJV

KJV

Love, Steven

I quoted a single verse and your reply "and if someone wants to be contentious, they can do so without going to hell"

is your comment shows you are on an agenda that I am not... no more can be gained in dialog between us! Peace and Love,

BTU, Steven

I have been referring to this verse all along.  I have been making that same statement repeatedly.  My agenda is the truth.  I nearly quote the verse in what I say and you have a problem with it? 

That is what you posted.  My response was...

"If someone wants to be contentious, they can do so without going to hell."

I can't even agree with you without you wanting to argue.  I used the very language of the verse.